Sam Bradford still sitting at pick 32 would u take him?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Vinnie2u;3041973 said:
After Dallas wins the Super Bowl..:) And Sam hasn't been drafted would u take him? Even tho we dont have a need for a injured QB.. and we have needs in the Oline and WR.

absolutely not...some team will probably take him before us anyway, but I'm one of probably just a few who thinks Bradford is not going to do much in the NFL...same for Colt McCoy and Tim Tebow...none of them will be good NFL players

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
joseephuss;3042186 said:
Aikman came out of OU initially, had big #s, no Heisman and injuries while at OU. :D

His injury was a broken leg...it healed, he went to UCLA, tuened into a passing machine and the rest was history...never mind the fact that Aikman was the vastly more talented player...bigger, much stronger arm, more accurate

Bradford's issue is far worse because its his throwing shoulder...

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Vinnie2u;3041973 said:
After Dallas wins the Super Bowl..:) And Sam hasn't been drafted would u take him? Even tho we dont have a need for a injured QB.. and we have needs in the Oline and WR.

Ain't no way in Hades that Bradford will last until pick 32... you're dreaming... if he comes out, as he likely will, he'll certainly be claimed in the first half of round 1, likely in the top 10 picks...

My gut tells me we may see him in a Skins uniform...

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Jed_70;3041998 said:
Medical science and sports rehab have come a long way. I wouldn't worry about the shoulder.

What Bradford had was not a major procedure... reports are he was out of the OR in 35 minutes, and will be on his way back to Oklahoma tomorrow... he also had the finest orthopedic surgeon in the nation doing the work, Dr. James Andrews...

He needs a month or two or three to heal up, and he should be fine... I really don't see his draft stock dropping significantly as a result of this injury (so long as he's able to work out for the scouts this coming offseason, as he should be)...

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
DallasCowpoke;3042117 said:
Ummm, lets see??? The last QB coming out of OU, sporting big #'s, a Heisman and an injury, is playing for what NFL team again? Oh, never mind.

in all fairness knee injuries (esp multipule) are harder to come over

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
NO...but just to spite me and my fellow Longhorn fans, Jerry probably would.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's not playing along with your hypothesis, but Bradford would be snapped up by Minnesota before he ever got to 32.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
silverbear;3043253 said:
Ain't no way in Hades that Bradford will last until pick 32... you're dreaming... if he comes out, as he likely will, he'll certainly be claimed in the first half of round 1, likely in the top 10 picks...

My gut tells me we may see him in a Skins uniform...

I agree. Not sure if it will be Bradford, Tebow or Colt but there is no way the skins stay with Campbell beyond this season. I fully expect to see the skins 1st pick to be QB

Doomsday101

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;3043944 said:
I'm not a fan of any of the QBs listed here as being legit NFL QB's.

It is hard to say. One thing for sure Tebow, Bradford or Colt have a better chance of success getting drafted late 1st at least they would go to a team where chances are they would not be forced to start right away and be on a winning team with other talent around them as opposed to ending up in some bottom dwelling team

DFWJC

Reaction score
I don't have a great feel for bradford. Maybe during the combines and all-star games we'll have more of a true idea of his NFL potential. Both Florida and Okalahoma have had some great, Heisman-winning, record breaking, college QBs who amounted to nothing at the next level.
Bradford could be different though.
Anyway, at this time...I say no at 32....but may feel differntly come draft time.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Doomsday101;3043485 said:
I agree. Not sure if it will be Bradford, Tebow or Colt but there is no way the skins stay with Campbell beyond this season. I fully expect to see the skins 1st pick to be QB

I hope so, and really hope its McCoy or Bradford since I believe both are gonna be awful. As dumb as the Skins are, I cant see them being dumb enough to draft Tebow though.

I said it weeks ago, any team that uses an early pick on Tim Tebow as a QB should fire their scouting department. Guy has almost no passing ability whatsoever.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
dbair1967;3044814 said:
I hope so, and really hope its McCoy or Bradford since I believe both are gonna be awful. As dumb as the Skins are, I cant see them being dumb enough to draft Tebow though.

I said it weeks ago, any team that uses an early pick on Tim Tebow as a QB should fire their scouting department. Guy has almost no passing ability whatsoever.

I can't say with any real certainly how any of these QB's will do at the next level. We have all seen guys who highly touted bomb in the NFL. I do think that Bradford and McCoy are better passers than Tebow. The only question I would have is can they transition from the college spread offense to more conventional pro style offense that is anyone guess.

visionary

Reaction score
hell no, not when TR is a top 5 QB in the NFL
now.... 2 weeks back when TR was a bottom 5 QB in the league, sure.

just kidding :D
this just for the TR bashers ;)

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
No, if McCoy is sitting at 32 however and we just won the super-bowl why not get a great backup QB who in 7-9 years when Romo retires can take over the Boys?

[/sarcasm]

Don't take a QB unless one falls into the Second Round even if we win the Super Bowl, we got actual needs to address, if McCoy, Tebow, Bradford or any of the big QB's are still around in the Second Round when we pick I say take them, get a great backup QB and that will secure the team when Romo gets injured, it is bound to happen.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He still hasn't proven he can read a defense quick and get rid of the football.

There is a ton of guys out there who could've done what he did in that conference with that amount of time had to throw.

2008 was the worst defense the Big 12 has maybe ever played. OU just so happened to have one of the best pass protecting groups of all time.

I wanted to see how he would do this year in a non perfect scenario and I didn't get to see it because of injuries.

He is damaged goods at this point. Surgery on his throwing should? No thanks.

His biggest strengths are his height and his accuracy imo. But I want to know how his accuracy and decision making would be in a not so clean pocket with not so long to throw.

For a guy his size you think he could get more on the football but his arm strength for an NFL player would be average at best.

I almost think he should come back for his SR year.