Sam Darnold

DFWJC

Reaction score
Im sorry but I just don't see anything with this young man. He has bust written all over him. Why is everyone so high on him?
Oh, I'd take him in the 2nd:laugh:

As Eminem said "...I think you're being a little hard on the Beaver...."

Last edited:

DFWJC

Reaction score
I ain’t convinced the Giants are taking a QB I think it will be Barkley, Chubb, or Nelson at 2 unless the Giants trade out.
Could be right! Except I think you can safely scratch Nelson at 2. Could trade down, get him and a load of picks. Even take a cheap trade for a 2nd rounder or something from Denver and get him and the 2nd rounder. Can't pull that off safely with Chubb or Barkley though.

Verdict

Reaction score
Could be right! Except I think you can safely scratch Nelson at 2. Could trade down, get him and a load of picks. Even take a cheap trade for a 2nd rounder or something from Denver and get him and the 2nd rounder. Can't pull that off safely with Chubb or Barkley though.

If I were the Giants I would not go anything other than QB at 2. I would trade back repeatedly and start picking at around 15. They would still get a very good player and have a ton of picks to fix that team.

What would fix that team more, Barkey at #2, or McGlinchey, Hernandez, LVE and a stud RB in the 2nd or 3rd. That's how much that pick is worth, if not more.

The value of that #2 overall pick is worth way more than our 4th overall pick was worth. For reference purposes, the difference in point value between pick #2 and pick #4 is 800 points or the 21st overall pick.

Stated another way to move up from #4 to #2 it would cost you #4 (1st) #36 (2nd) and #68(3rd) to move up two spots.

So the Giants could drop two spots, select at #4 overall get a high second and a high third and still get a Ezekiel Elliott player at #4. It's that big of a deal when you get up that high. That would give them the #4 overall player, a pick at 34, a pick at 36, a pick at 66 and a pick at 68. That's 5 picks in the top 70. That's a real game changer. They could do it one more time and it would be exponential growth. Do the math on it. And doing it again they would still be picking in the top 10.

Last edited:

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
If you can draft a franchise QB, you draft a franchise QB. I think the Giants would be idiots to not take Rosen.

DFWJC

Reaction score
If I were the Giants I would not go anything other than QB at 2. I would trade back repeatedly and start picking at around 15. They would still get a very good player and have a ton of picks to fix that team.

What would fix that team more, Barkey at #2, or McGlinchey, Hernandez, LVE and a stud RB in the 2nd or 3rd. That's how much that pick is worth, if not more.

The value of that #2 overall pick is worth way more than our 4th overall pick was worth.
It's an either/or
Either take the QB or trade back

Now if they don't like the QBs remaining, then the choice is easy...imo

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
My favorite part of the draft process regarding Darnold has been when people say "did you the cotton bowl, he's gonna be a bust". And it's like come on man, you just exposed to everyone that you didnt even watch him play.

ghst187

Reaction score
I think Mayfield is the best QB in this class by far.

Don’t like the guy but I agree. Clearly none of the other top QBs had the ability to push their mediocre team into the playoffs, only Mayfield did that. It was a down year for OU as far as talent goes but he singlehandedly made them a playoff team and probably should’ve been in the NC game. Honestly, Mayfield makes me think of Romo.
Of the rest, only Rosen stands out to me and he did not put up the stats and Ws I expected him to this year in clearly the worst conference in football.