News: Sam Williams has gotten to know Cowboys

Aven8

Reaction score
https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/24...has-gotten-to-know-the-Cowboys-185074875/Amp/

Apparently Quinn likes this dude a lot.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
He is my man crush for this draft. Parsons and Williams. What we had hoped Spencer and Ware could be. Looking at his 30 day visits we might have to draft him at 24.
Stop this 1st rd pick hype on Williams. Good prospect, but he is more in that 2nd tier discussion with the likes of Mafe, Ebikete, Cameron Thomas and a few others. He also has off the field concerns where some teams may take him off their boards. It is very likely he is still available at 56.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Stop this 1st rd pick hype on Williams. Good prospect, but he is more in that 2nd tier discussion with the likes of Mafe, Ebikete, Cameron Thomas and a few others. He also has off the field concerns where some teams may take him off their boards. It is very likely he is still available at 56.
The reality is there are very few first round prospects in this draft. The strength of the draft is the 30 to 100 rank prospects. Look Quinn obviously like the guy and even Jerry has said a few thinks to him. The guy will be in the conversation to be drafted in the first two rounds. Remember nobody thought we would draft Parsons or Joseph this time last season. Quinn was at both of their individual workouts.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Williams in round 1 would be a reach. That would be getting too cute. Williams in round 2 would make more sense.

Reactions: BAT

Cowboyny

Reaction score
The reality is there are very few first round prospects in this draft. The strength of the draft is the 30 to 100 rank prospects. Look Quinn obviously like the guy and even Jerry has said a few thinks to him. The guy will be in the conversation to be drafted in the first two rounds. Remember nobody thought we would draft Parsons or Joseph this time last season. Quinn was at both of their individual workouts.
I like the player too, but saying he is now a 1st rd prospect is a real stretch. They loved that small schooled DT last yr, but they didn't reach to take him, they will do the same with Williams.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I like the player too, but saying he is now a 1st rd prospect is a real stretch. They loved that small schooled DT last yr, but they didn't reach to take him, they will do the same with Williams.
Tyler Williams has moved into the first round. He is not half the player crust Williams is. The Cowboys are more then likely to take guard but we said the same thing last season about the corners. My point is we have no clue who the Cowboys will draft. All we can do is speculate. I like Sam Williams better then any of the guards or receivers that will be available at 24.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I'll ask again. Was Jayson Oweh a first rounder before his combine? Simple question. Then ask yourself who was the better prospect between the 2. :thumbup:

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Tyler Williams has moved into the first round. He is not half the player crust Williams is. The Cowboys are more then likely to take guard but we said the same thing last season about the corners. My point is we have no clue who the Cowboys will draft. All we can do is speculate. I like Sam Williams better then any of the guards or receivers that will be available at 24.
The last two years the front office decided to take the best player available. Williams would be a serious reach at 24, where there will be far better players to draft higher on their board. There isn't one media scout that sees him as a 1st rd prospect, only one sees him in the 2nd rd. There are questions about his game on and off the field.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I'll ask again. Was Jayson Oweh a first rounder before his combine? Simple question. Then ask yourself who was the better prospect between the 2. :thumbup:
Was he a being rated a 3rd rd prospect like Williams in a deeper class?

cnuball21

Reaction score

The 1st 3 scouting reports I looked at for Oweh were 1st rounder, fringe 1st rounder and top 50. He may not have been a unanymous 1st round prospect, but yes, he was a higher ranked prospect than Williams pre draft.

visionary

Reaction score
He is my man crush for this draft. Parsons and Williams. What we had hoped Spencer and Ware could be. Looking at his 30 day visits we might have to draft him at 24.

let’s just trade into the top 10 and get him LOL

stilltheguru

Reaction score
The 1st 3 scouting reports I looked at for Oweh were 1st rounder, fringe 1st rounder and top 50. He may not have been a unanymous 1st round prospect, but yes, he was a higher ranked prospect than Williams pre draft.
Was this pre or post combine?

I just looked at Mel kipers pre combine positional rankings and Oweh wasn't even in his top 10 lol

Can you or @Cowboyny show me some pre combine rankings with him in round 1

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Was this pre or post combine?

I just looked at Mel kipers pre combine positional rankings and Oweh wasn't even in his top 10 lol

Can you or @Cowboyny show me some pre combine rankings with him in round 1
26. JAYSON OWEH EDGE4 Penn State Dane's Beast Publication in last April. This year's class comes out in early April.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
26. JAYSON OWEH EDGE4 Penn State Dane's Beast Publication in last April. This year's class comes out in early April.
Dane had him round 1. Kiper didn't even rank him. McShay did not have him round 1. After the combine they all had him round 1. I'm just saying.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The last two years the front office decided to take the best player available. Williams would be a serious reach at 24, where there will be far better players to draft higher on their board. There isn't one media scout that sees him as a 1st rd prospect, only one sees him in the 2nd rd. There are questions about his game on and off the field.
Media scouts didn’t think Tryon or Payton Turner where first round picks either. Nobody can predict a the NFL draft let alone this one. I doubt Williams will be there at 56.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Dane had him round 1. Kiper didn't even rank him. McShay did not have him round 1. After the combine they all had him round 1. I'm just saying.
The consensus currently has him ranked in the 70's, no where near the top 25. Oweh was more of a late first, early second prospect last yr, where I don't think anyone had him outside of the top 50. Broaddus on the draft show this week, said he had a 3rd rd grade on him, but believe he probably gets drafted a rd higher due to his athletic traits. This seems realistic based on the info around the net.

There are questions about his run defense, his flexibility to turn the corner as he shows some stiffness. I like the prospect, but I think you are overrating the player.