News: Sam Williams has gotten to know Cowboys

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Media scouts didn’t think Tryon or Payton Turner where first round picks either. Nobody can predict a the NFL draft let alone this one. I doubt Williams will be there at 56.
Tony Pauline had Turner in rd 1. Tyron was another fridge 1st rounder.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
The one who is rising is Mafe from Minnesota, he is getting some 1st rd attention for some draftsites.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The Cowboys draft show thought Turner was a third rounder and the Cowboys could get him with their pick. Last year Dane and Bucky where on the show. So the show had legit opinions. Pauline is one of the best draft insiders. Looking forward for what he says about the Cowboys. He predicted Tyron, LVE among others.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
The Cowboys draft show thought Turner was a third rounder and the Cowboys could get him with their pick. Last year Dane and Bucky where on the show. So the show had legit opinions. Pauline is one of the best draft insiders. Looking forward for what he says about the Cowboys. He predicted Tyron, LVE among others.
He is excellent, he is already calling Walker to be the #1 pick in the draft, which nobody was said other then him.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
He is excellent, he is already calling Walker to be the #1 pick in the draft, which nobody was said other then him.
Dane had him moving up the charts early in the process. Of course our boys Cavanaugh and Broaddus are not impressed.:laugh::facepalm:

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Dane had him moving up the charts early in the process. Of course are boys Cavanaugh and Broaddus are not impressed.:laugh::facepalm:
Dane has been good since his CBS days, after he left that site fell apart, used to be the go to page for draft insight. His beast should be coming out soon.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
The consensus currently has him ranked in the 70's, no where near the top 25. Oweh was more of a late first, early second prospect last yr, where I don't think anyone had him outside of the top 50. Broaddus on the draft show this week, said he had a 3rd rd grade on him, but believe he probably gets drafted a rd higher due to his athletic traits. This seems realistic based on the info around the net.

There are questions about his run defense, his flexibility to turn the corner as he shows some stiffness. I like the prospect, but I think you are overrating the player.
I'm not saying he's a first rounder. I'm just saying I don't take these experts seriously because if multiple teams tell them, Williams will be in their next first round mock. That's just the truth

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I'm not saying he's a first rounder. I'm just saying I don't take these experts seriously because if multiple teams tell them, Williams will be in their next first round mock. That's just the truth
Throughout the years, you know which insiders have legitimate sources as they are usually right, where some others tend to draw their own opinions. Yes, sometimes media scouts have the player wrong, but it is usually not the game film, but rather the medicals or character concerns. When you see a player generally rated the same area, good chance he gets drafted in that range. Tony Pauline, from Pro Football Network, who I really trust has Williams at 50 on his board.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
The consensus currently has him ranked in the 70's, no where near the top 25. Oweh was more of a late first, early second prospect last yr, where I don't think anyone had him outside of the top 50. Broaddus on the draft show this week, said he had a 3rd rd grade on him, but believe he probably gets drafted a rd higher due to his athletic traits. This seems realistic based on the info around the net.

There are questions about his run defense, his flexibility to turn the corner as he shows some stiffness. I like the prospect, but I think you are overrating the player.

The questions about his run defense are a bit of a false narrative. Kiffin runs a weird version of a 3-2-6 defense that put extreme pressure on the front 5 to stop the run. They used Williams everywhere from 3, 4, and 5 tech but it didn't matter because Ole Miss schematically can't stop the run. The Rebels ranked 104th in run defense in the nation to the tune of 190 yards average a game. That's not on Williams and even running in Kiffin's crap defense he was 5th in the nation in sacks, 11th in the nation in TFL, and 3rd in the nation in forced fumbles playing in the SEC. I don't think Williams is a first round talent, but he's not far off. He reminds me of a mix of Demarcus Lawrence and Preston Smith and I think he'll be drafted in the same area both of those were in the 2nd at #34 for Lawrence and 2nd #38 for Smith.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Throughout the years, you know which insiders have legitimate sources as they are usually right, where some others tend to draw their own opinions. Yes, sometimes media scouts have the player wrong, but it is usually not the game film, but rather the medicals or character concerns. When you see a player generally rated the same area, good chance he gets drafted in that range. Tony Pauline, from Pro Football Network, who I really trust has Williams at 50 on his board.
Pauline had Oweh 42. If you hear first round rumblings close to the draft get ready sir

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
The questions about his run defense are a bit of a false narrative. Kiffin runs a weird version of a 3-2-6 defense that put extreme pressure on the front 5 to stop the run. They used Williams everywhere from 3, 4, and 5 tech but it didn't matter because Ole Miss schematically can't stop the run. The Rebels ranked 104th in run defense in the nation to the tune of 190 yards average a game. That's not on Williams and even running in Kiffin's crap defense he was 5th in the nation in sacks, 11th in the nation in TFL, and 3rd in the nation in forced fumbles playing in the SEC. I don't think Williams is a first round talent, but he's not far off. He reminds me of a mix of Demarcus Lawrence and Preston Smith and I think he'll be drafted in the same area both of those were in the 2nd at #34 for Lawrence and 2nd #38 for Smith.

Thanks for adding the schematic context, for a guy who never watched a game of Ole Miss football.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Dane has been good since his CBS days, after he left that site fell apart, used to be the go to page for draft insight. His beast should be coming out soon.
I have been looking at the write up on pass rushers throughout the draft. It looks like there are multiple pass rushers in the top 100 that could develop into 10 sack players. Wide receiver is deep as well. I have changed my tune. The Cowboys need to trade up and get Penning.