Sam Williams Hot Boyz

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
look man you're entitled to your opinion but that's all I read I'm not reading the rest of it you're making excuses that are not allowed for other coaches or certain players around here he was horrible I'm sorry all the big games this past year look like the Green Bay Jacksonville game from the year before it looked like it's Atlanta games it looks like his Super Bowl meltdown his defense is fluid with his undersized players and his hybrid look all over the field which can work many times and yeah it looks flashy because he's getting all the sacks and the interceptions but it lacks when you come up against the better teams who can out scheme you and see what you are and just run you over... His lack of adjustments in the Green Bay game alone his unwillingness to change back to his regular defenses excuses that one player has got a banged up shoulder it's why we got ran over from the first series to the last? Didn't the 49ers who were also down and getting their butts beat at halftime stand up in all three phases find a way to wait on their offense to catch up didn't they lose greenlaw they had some injuries in that game I mean they end up like coming back from the same deficit and winning that game against the lions..

So yes in my opinion you're giving this man a pass you're giving him an excuse where no one else around here gets an excuse.. I mean the way Mike Nolan left here anything would have been better but Dan Quinn's defenses have major flaws and I prefer to have something that is more adaptable that can play multiple schemes and not depend on hybrid odd players having to line up in places they don't usually play like undersized linebackers using safeties as linebackers and refusing to come out of some of your hybrid stuff even though you're getting your butts beat and it happened in every loss and it happened in the Seattle game in 2023... I can nearly point out that they were the main reason we lost all those games.. I know the offense didn't always show up special teams wasn't always special and our coaching Staffs we're not perfect I get it but this was a glaring issue in every single loss and the Seattle game and then turns out it just popped its ugly head back up it was not because of Gilmore being hurt that's just a flat out excuse and some people are using the old conspiracy theory they think that he knew he was on his way out and he sabotaged our team and then he takes a bunch of our players on his way out....

Possibly it's a conspiracy or possibly he's **** hurt because he was promised the job and knew Mike McCarthy was not gonna be fired because they won the division and won 12 games again and he decided he was gonna have a swan song by sticking it to Jerry Jones...
If that's all you read, then there's no point in having a a discussion with you about this because you've made up your mind on what you choose to believe and just want to rant at me.

blueblood70

Reaction score
If that's all you read, then there's no point in having a a discussion with you about this because you've made up your mind on what you choose to believe and just want to rant at me.
No need I said what I needed to say and I read what you said the first time I literally am putting a ton of blame on Dan Quinn like 90%.. Hell and even add in the mazzy Smith losing weight nonsense I mean there's just a whole lot of signals saying that this dude was overrated he did some good things but did a lot of things that kept us from succeeding everyone says we can't win against the better teams but a lot of it was Dan Quinn... So I'm gonna have a big time rant when I see someone looking like they're giving this dude a pass and making excuses when there's a core part of this team that are not getting excuses..

plasticman

Reaction score
Yeah, appreciate that "breakout" from 4 sacks his rookie season to a whopping 4.5 last season.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
No need I said what I needed to say and I read what you said the first time I literally am putting a ton of blame on Dan Quinn like 90%.. Hell and even add in the mazzy Smith losing weight nonsense I mean there's just a whole lot of signals saying that this dude was overrated he did some good things but did a lot of things that kept us from succeeding everyone says we can't win against the better teams but a lot of it was Dan Quinn... So I'm gonna have a big time rant when I see someone looking like they're giving this dude a pass and making excuses when there's a core part of this team that are not getting excuses..
Mazi losing weight was a terrible idea. I'm not sure whose idea it was, but you don't draft a player known for his power and size and then try to quicken him up by taking away one of his strengths. I would assume that the directive came from Quinn as the DC, but I don't know if I've read that anywhere.

Put the blame where you want. I think evidence shows that it was a combination of what Quinn was trying to do and personnel issues. And yes, I do believe Stephen Gilmore's shoulder separation caused Quinn to play differently on the back end against Green Bay. That doesn't mean that he shouldn't have adjusted when he saw that it wasn't working. That's on him.

I have seen some DCs do more with less than Quinn had here, but for what he wanted to do, we needed more. In fact, I think we haven't had a winning defense for a long time now for one primary reason: We have not strongly addressed 3-tech to provide the kind of player there to be a top defense using a 4-3 scheme. It may be easy to say Rob Ryan bad, Monte Kiffin bad, Rod Marinelli bad, Mike Nolan bad, Dan Quinn bad and give the front office a pass, but that's not me. I expect us to continue to put together a defense that can't hold up against good offenses until we address some key positions that make the 4-3 defense go.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
After giving up half a hundred last time out you would think this nonsense would have gone away. Bunch of fools just cashing checks

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I hope for the best with Williams, but after that interview and seeing how inconsistent he has been, I don’t see him stepping up next year more than a little baby step, if that.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I think the guy's gonna take a step I hope he gets his mental part of his game down gets more focused they all feel stuff starting to remind us of Randy Gregory and I get it but you're putting way too much stock on this video itself he's not comfortable doing interviews why he did it I don't know maybe the coaches told him he had to he seems very uncomfortable a lot like I don't know Marshawn Lynch if you don't like doing interviews you're gonna sound a little off and the fact is he's wearing that jewelry doesn't mean he's on board with it why would you throw away something that was a gift that you can wear but I don't mean he's trying to reinvent the hot boys name yo spin everything out of control on this site you literally look for the negative and everything this man just looked very uncomfortable doing the interview but he did it anyway but the man's skill set he's one of the best pass rushers on our team that's my opinion I think he's got ridiculous amounts of talent first step speed etc

I get it I mean he's starting to remind us of Gregory but I believe he will get it turned around I think Mike Zimmer a new voice in here is gonna hopefully land with this kid.. With Armstrong and Fowler gone he has an opportunity I think he knows it and I think the coaches will get with him and try to hope you understand that this could be his last shot ohh he's gonna get moved on from...