Sam Williams Hot Boyz

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Let's just say this....because they drafted Kneeland.....he better be on notice. That threw up a huge red flag...that management has had enough of his immaturity....kid bettter grow up fast....not sure what the plan is going forward....maybe he is your LDE going forward....but starting to get Taco Charlton vibes....because they don't know what to do with him.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Sam Williams seems to be an immature knucklehead like some former Cowboys we got rid of. The guy needs to grow up.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Hot Boyz RIP January 14 2024 @ ATT Stadium at the hands of Jordan Love, Aaron Jones and Romeo Doubs.
man thats true. Its on life support now. These dumb arse layers act like they done something. Its all about their brand. You don't see Raven players doing this, just for example.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Such a gay designation.

Or it’s something sorority girls would come up with.

The Cowboys went from Doomsday to Hot Boyz.

All they need is some glitter and makeup.
its beta male crap. It goes to show you why the team is the way it is. Its being led by the beta male mantra. Lots of talk, lots of monikers, with little substance.

LysleE

Reaction score
The boyz are back! Ugh.
The Hot Boyz sounds like the name of some boy band which is appropriate because they play the run like a boy band.
If only they could let their play speak for themselves and can the self-promotion…but I guess that is too much to ask.

Creeper

Reaction score
I really do not want to get personal but Sam may be one of those players where the light bulb never comes on. I am rooting for him to have a great season, but the mental part of the game could be a struggle for him. On the other hand, it sounds like he is doing the right things, hanging with vets and stuff like that. I hope he stays out of trouble.

kskboys

Reaction score
The boyz are back! Ugh.
The Hot Boyz sounds like the name of some boy band which is appropriate because they play the run like a boy band.
If only they could let their play speak for themselves and can the self-promotion…but I guess that is too much to ask.
Absolutely amazing that not one player spoke out w/ embarrassment. Haley would've clocked anyone calling him that and then P'd on their face as they lay on the ground.

blueblood70

Reaction score
When you're talent is limited, you have to give up something. Quinn sacrificed run defense for pass rush and turnovers. I expect Zimmer to do the opposite. Despite what we have at DT, he'll make run defense a focus even if it costs us pressure/sacks and turnovers.

I really think Quinn gets more blame than he deserves. He's trying to scheme around having so-so NTs and 3-techs. And in the playoff game, he tried to scheme around Gilmore playing hurt. Overall, he did a pretty good job of it, but the talent gaps were going to show up against the better teams.
Really you're giving Dan Quinn a pass and calling it pretty good at what happened in that Green Bay game are you serious you're trying to tell me that one player can be hurt and affect your entire scheme I would say that the backups should have been able to play the same defense that his starters play they should have been more prepared you act like ohh let's blame Jerry Jones that's his whole thing Sam Williams comes up with a chain this becomes another hate about the front office they didn't give them enough good players seriously no what I think is Dan Quinn's ego says he likes to play his own defense and he refuses to change and that includes making a mistake with the scheme switch in a playoff game even the players said they didn't understand it gilmar was on the field then you should be playing man or whatever defense it is that they played most of the time Gilmore himself said that they did not need to play zone because he was injured... If he was that injured he should have not been playing he should have been used as a backup coming on obvious passing plays important parts of the game and they should again had a backup that could actually play the defense they've been playing all year not be all scared and run zone and not even be prepared on the first series of the damn game...

Ohh and by the way let's be clear the Green Bay game was not the first game this happened they had a healthy team and all the losses most of which you can blame anybody you want I'm blaming the defense the defense was horrible in all those losses the San Francisco they were even bad in the Seattle game and lucky the offense bailed them out this defense looked bad against any tough competition it went up against and Dan Quinn is solely responsible for it I'd say 90%....​
I'm not letting this guy off the hook you wanted to be ohh like witch hunting against Nolan you want to get rid of marinelli you hated Jason Garrett but somehow this dude getting a pass for how bad his team played against better competition they were out schemed they got fronted when they had to come up against the team with an offensive coordinator that knew exactly what was coming and they exploited all of it...​
And you better believe I was upset when Jerry Jones seemingly was going to allow him to stay and make it his choice I am glad he's with Washington because I watched his teams even the year before we blew those big leads in Green Bay and Jacksonville and yet somehow he's getting excuse now like if something new happened for that one playoff game because Gilmore was hurt are you kidding me you damn right I'm ranting the man blew one of the biggest meltdowns it's Super Bowl history and you remember the watermelon kick game we weren't even good in 2020 but those are the mistakes that Dan Quinn makes this is like his MO , blow big leads and big games yes this teams look great against lesser competition or say equal competition but when it comes to playing the better minds he collapses..​
People around here want to call Tony Romo and Prescott and other players including coaches they wanna call them chokers but somehow this guy is getting a pass he is not getting a pass I'm glad he's gone!!​
rant over....​

stuckindc

Reaction score
Hell yeah, dem hotboyz be getting after qbs!

And ignoring their run assignments, allowing opposing offenses to cram it down our throats. But hey, look at dem qb pressures!
And making mind numbing crippling penalties

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They still do the wonderlic test? Asking for a friend.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Really you're giving Dan Quinn a pass and calling it pretty good at what happened in that Green Bay game are you serious you're trying to tell me that one player can be hurt and affect your entire scheme I would say that the backups should have been able to play the same defense that his starters play they should have been more prepared you act like ohh let's blame Jerry Jones that's his whole thing Sam Williams comes up with a chain this becomes another hate about the front office they didn't give them enough good players seriously no what I think is Dan Quinn's ego says he likes to play his own defense and he refuses to change and that includes making a mistake with the scheme switch in a playoff game even the players said they didn't understand it gilmar was on the field then you should be playing man or whatever defense it is that they played most of the time Gilmore himself said that they did not need to play zone because he was injured... If he was that injured he should have not been playing he should have been used as a backup coming on obvious passing plays important parts of the game and they should again had a backup that could actually play the defense they've been playing all year not be all scared and run zone and not even be prepared on the first series of the damn game...

Ohh and by the way let's be clear the Green Bay game was not the first game this happened they had a healthy team and all the losses most of which you can blame anybody you want I'm blaming the defense the defense was horrible in all those losses the San Francisco they were even bad in the Seattle game and lucky the offense bailed them out this defense looked bad against any tough competition it went up against and Dan Quinn is solely responsible for it I'd say 90%....​
I'm not letting this guy off the hook you wanted to be ohh like witch hunting against Nolan you want to get rid of marinelli you hated Jason Garrett but somehow this dude getting a pass for how bad his team played against better competition they were out schemed they got fronted when they had to come up against the team with an offensive coordinator that knew exactly what was coming and they exploited all of it...​
And you better believe I was upset when Jerry Jones seemingly was going to allow him to stay and make it his choice I am glad he's with Washington because I watched his teams even the year before we blew those big leads in Green Bay and Jacksonville and yet somehow he's getting excuse now like if something new happened for that one playoff game because Gilmore was hurt are you kidding me you damn right I'm ranting the man blew one of the biggest meltdowns it's Super Bowl history and you remember the watermelon kick game we weren't even good in 2020 but those are the mistakes that Dan Quinn makes this is like his MO , blow big leads and big games yes this teams look great against lesser competition or say equal competition but when it comes to playing the better minds he collapses..​
People around here want to call Tony Romo and Prescott and other players including coaches they wanna call them chokers but somehow this guy is getting a pass he is not getting a pass I'm glad he's gone!!​
rant over....​
I am not giving Quinn a pass. I'm just saying that we didn't put all the parts in place for Quinn to succeed with what he was trying to do. Some of that may be on him because I'm sure he had input on who we drafted. Some of it was definitely on the Joneses because they only brought in cheap free agents to fill in the holes. I don't expect Zimmer to do any better because we have some questionable talent areas that will force him to make a choice on what's more important to him, stopping the run or putting pressure on the passer. He may do just as well as Quinn did against weak offenses, but when it comes to the playoffs and you are facing the better teams, the talent issues show.

I will say that I don't think Quinn's defense was our biggest problem in our two playoff losses to the 49ers. Those are more on the offense, but San Fran is a good example of a defense that fills those talent holes in free agency.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I am not giving Quinn a pass. I'm just saying that we didn't put all the parts in place for Quinn to succeed with what he was trying to do. Some of that may be on him because I'm sure he had input on who we drafted. Some of it was definitely on the Joneses because they only brought in cheap free agents to fill in the holes. I don't expect Zimmer to do any better because we have some questionable talent areas that will force him to make a choice on what's more important to him, stopping the run or putting pressure on the passer. He may do just as well as Quinn did against weak offenses, but when it comes to the playoffs and you are facing the better teams, the talent issues show.

I will say that I don't think Quinn's defense was our biggest problem in our two playoff losses to the 49ers. Those are more on the offense, but San Fran is a good example of a defense that fills those talent holes in free agency.
I am not giving Quinn a pass
look man you're entitled to your opinion but that's all I read I'm not reading the rest of it you're making excuses that are not allowed for other coaches or certain players around here he was horrible I'm sorry all the big games this past year look like the Green Bay Jacksonville game from the year before it looked like it's Atlanta games it looks like his Super Bowl meltdown his defense is fluid with his undersized players and his hybrid look all over the field which can work many times and yeah it looks flashy because he's getting all the sacks and the interceptions but it lacks when you come up against the better teams who can out scheme you and see what you are and just run you over... His lack of adjustments in the Green Bay game alone his unwillingness to change back to his regular defenses excuses that one player has got a banged up shoulder it's why we got ran over from the first series to the last? Didn't the 49ers who were also down and getting their butts beat at halftime stand up in all three phases find a way to wait on their offense to catch up didn't they lose greenlaw they had some injuries in that game I mean they end up like coming back from the same deficit and winning that game against the lions..

So yes in my opinion you're giving this man a pass you're giving him an excuse where no one else around here gets an excuse.. I mean the way Mike Nolan left here anything would have been better but Dan Quinn's defenses have major flaws and I prefer to have something that is more adaptable that can play multiple schemes and not depend on hybrid odd players having to line up in places they don't usually play like undersized linebackers using safeties as linebackers and refusing to come out of some of your hybrid stuff even though you're getting your butts beat and it happened in every loss and it happened in the Seattle game in 2023... I can nearly point out that they were the main reason we lost all those games.. I know the offense didn't always show up special teams wasn't always special and our coaching Staffs we're not perfect I get it but this was a glaring issue in every single loss and the Seattle game and then turns out it just popped its ugly head back up it was not because of Gilmore being hurt that's just a flat out excuse and some people are using the old conspiracy theory they think that he knew he was on his way out and he sabotaged our team and then he takes a bunch of our players on his way out....

Possibly it's a conspiracy or possibly he's **** hurt because he was promised the job and knew Mike McCarthy was not gonna be fired because they won the division and won 12 games again and he decided he was gonna have a swan song by sticking it to Jerry Jones...