Sam Williams just keeps getting better

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He's got all the skills to be very good in this league. That running into the punter is a play that loses you games in the playoffs though.
Honestly? I think you can use that to your advantage and I think Bones does. If its 4th and 10....or 4th and 8.....I can lose those 5 yards if it gives me the chance to block the punt. Just gotta be smart about it. I'd never do it against a Eagles team that doesn't give a damn about going for it on 4th down and 2 on their own 30.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
....isn't that weird. Three weeks ago, he wanted out. (Which was strange)

Then something happened to the guy. He began clicking. I dont know what occurred?

Since then, his game has been on the up swing.

Anyone else see this?
I still have mixed feelings about him.

On one hand, he gets a sack and a big positive play.

On the other, he runs into the punter, giving the Panthers new life on what ends up being a touchdown drive.

It looks to me like allowing him to be more involved in special teams was directly connected to his improvement.

But he still has to tone down the negative plays.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Honestly? I think you can use that to your advantage and I think Bones does. If its 4th and 10....or 4th and 8.....I can lose those 5 yards if it gives me the chance to block the punt. Just gotta be smart about it. I'd never do it against a Eagles team that doesn't give a damn about going for it on 4th down and 2 on their own 30.
At the 42 yard line 4th and 7 up by 14..just let them kick the ball to us. We had ALL the momentum at that point.

In the playoffs against a better team then the Panthers that absolutely could of cost us the game. The Panthers went and scored & made it a 1 score game, but thankfully, they are the Panthers and we got away with spotting a team 7 points.

I agree with you that if it's 4th and 10 deep in there own territory, go for it...but at the 45 yard line when you know a mistake turns a 4th and 7 into 4th and 2...naw...if Bones is teaching that he needs to be reeled in. ESPECIALLY against quality teams.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I thought the same thing.

It was the Panthers. We should have been able to hold them on 4th and 2. And if we didn't, what were the odds they score the TD? And if they score the TD, what are the odds we can't overcome that?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
At the 42 yard line 4th and 7 up by 14..just let them kick the ball to us. We had ALL the momentum at that point.

In the playoffs against a better team then the Panthers that absolutely could of cost us the game. The Panthers went and scored & made it a 1 score game, but thankfully, they are the Panthers and we got away with spotting a team 7 points.

I agree with you that if it's 4th and 10 deep in there own territory, go for it...but at the 45 yard line when you know a mistake turns a 4th and 7 into 4th and 2...naw...if Bones is teaching that he needs to be reeled in. ESPECIALLY against quality teams.
At some point you have to practice it. Might as well practice it against the Panthers lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

It was the Panthers. We should have been able to hold them on 4th and 2. And if we didn't, what were the odds they score the TD? And if they score the TD, what are the odds we can't overcome that?
I agree. At some point you have to practice this stuff. Because a day is gonna come where we needed it. They tried some wild cat stuff for the same reasons. Its the Panthers.

Carson

Reaction score

Exactly. Nobody thought they would convert all of the fourth downs and score. Worth the risk in that game