Sam Williams just keeps getting better

exciter

Reaction score
....isn't that weird. Three weeks ago, he wanted out. (Which was strange)

Then something happened to the guy. He began clicking. I dont know what occurred?

Since then, his game has been on the up swing.

Anyone else see this?
So wanting more snaps is wanting out?

Praxit

Reaction score
I still have mixed feelings about him.

On one hand, he gets a sack and a big positive play.

On the other, he runs into the punter, giving the Panthers new life on what ends up being a touchdown drive.

It looks to me like allowing him to be more involved in special teams was directly connected to his improvement.

But he still has to tone down the negative plays.
..yep, I feel your side to this. He can be boneheaded.

Its risky, but right now fortunately he's trending in positive direction.

I forgot about that punt penalty. It was only for 5, with no 1st down.

But they went for it, and got it.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Sam is good. I don't get the hate.
Interesting coming from you.
Sam is like Bossman, 2nd round pick with character issue...off the field run ins with the law, upset about playing time and gets called for penalties.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
He was probably told that second contract was looking iffy, Not hard to figure out.
It is interesting that last year right after there was chatter about whether we'd even look at a second contract for Lamb that he took off and hasn't looked back since. Maybe we have a "you're not going to get more money" whisperer on staff.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Sam has the tools. Something snapped after he blocked that punt a few weeks back. We have Micah and a solid front seven. We're one more "guy" in the front seven from REALLY being dominant. Bland has been a revelation.

Praxit

Reaction score
Like a football version of The Kracken?
turkey-thanksgiving.gif

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
We are ALWAYS pushing it on punt block. Literally every block or near block is a near miss on the kicker. Scares the crap out of me.
Well maybe that's our tush push. Let us perfect it and make it a close one on every punt.

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
Well maybe that's our tush push. Let us perfect it and make it a close one on every punt.

Yeah, they are actually really good at it. We get blocks and come close, pretty frequently imo. That opinion being based on league averages I mean. So we are a legitimate threat in that avenue. Just have to find a way not to also be a threat to ourselves.

Havic

Reaction score
Sam is good, the hate comes from the penalties generated from his limited opportunities

Gambit

Reaction score
Honestly? I think you can use that to your advantage and I think Bones does. If its 4th and 10....or 4th and 8.....I can lose those 5 yards if it gives me the chance to block the punt. Just gotta be smart about it. I'd never do it against a Eagles team that doesn't give a damn about going for it on 4th down and 2 on their own 30.
Exactly, it was a result of being aggressive, only the 5 yard variety. These kind of penalties happen from time to time, can live with those.

Gambit

Reaction score
Interesting coming from you.
Sam is like Bossman, 2nd round pick with character issue...off the field run ins with the law, upset about playing time and gets called for penalties.
I've had run ins with the law sometimes make mistakes at work and sometimes upset about how I'm utilized at work. Should I be hated for it by people who don't even know me?

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Sam Williams is the exact same player he was last year.

Explosive on the edge, stupid penalties.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I hold my breath on every punt.
Yep.

I don’t trust him, or the ST coach for that matter, as far as situational awareness.

If we are trying to get back in a game, or are playing a better team…sure, be aggressive.

But when you’re ahead vs an inferior team you’ve gotta back off getting near the punter.

As a pash rusher, he is part of a pretty nice rotation.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Under Fassel, Sam is trying to walk that fine line of being aggressive to make a play on ST and accidentally running into the punter. Sam is good depth but they will opt to not bring him back because they are getting top heavy with big contracts again.

Rayman70

Reaction score
SW is a young dude that as long as he keeps his head screwed on right, and focused, can be very good.