Same old Cowboys or no?

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
If we lose Sunday we’re not a true contender. Right now we’re in tier 2 in the NFC. Tier 1 is the Saints and Rams. Tier 2 are us, GB, Philly , Seattle , Chicago.
Rams? Tier 1? The Rams that just gave up 55 points to the Bucs? Really? Those Rams? I don't think they feel like tier 1 right now.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
We lost a game, on the road, against a very good team.

Yes, they had in their back up QB, a guy who it was said is the best back up in the NFL btw.

On it's own, this defeat is not a problem but yes, IF we follow it up with a loss to the Packers then it could be said we have over rated ourselves.

However, IF we win against Green Bay, which we probably will, we are back on track.

Ya don't have to go 16-0 to prove yourselves worthy.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Its only one game i agree. Going into last night if you told me we split New Orleans and GB i would have taken it and still will. Looking at last nights game i don't put the blame on any individual player. I'd call it an average effort offensively. However.......

The most concerning thing to me is how we lost. The mistakes and the conservative "play not to lose" attitude have been a staple of the Garret era. Yes we've won big games under him, but it seems every time we play with expectations we can't live up to the hype. I think we're all sick of it at this point.

Was it a tough game against a tough opponent last night in their place? Of course, but it was extremely winnable. A win last night not only sets you up in the division, but in the NFC as well going forward. That is whats frustrating. It was there for the taking but we couldn't get it done.

I think this Sundays game will tell us alot. 4-1 and once again NFC powerhouse with a win vs a quality opponent, or 3-2 and same old cowboys. 3 wins coming against teams with a combined 2-10 record.
Its only one game i agree. Going into last night if you told me we split New Orleans and GB i would have taken it and still will. Looking at last nights game i don't put the blame on any individual player. I'd call it an average effort offensively. However.......

The most concerning thing to me is how we lost. The mistakes and the conservative "play not to lose" attitude have been a staple of the Garret era. Yes we've won big games under him, but it seems every time we play with expectations we can't live up to the hype. I think we're all sick of it at this point.

Was it a tough game against a tough opponent last night in their place? Of course, but it was extremely winnable. A win last night not only sets you up in the division, but in the NFC as well going forward. That is whats frustrating. It was there for the taking but we couldn't get it done.

I think this Sundays game will tell us alot. 4-1 and once again NFC powerhouse with a win vs a quality opponent, or 3-2 and same old cowboys. 3 wins coming against teams with a combined 2-10 record.

I agree 100 pct. If this is different go home and beat the Packers. If they can’t win that game at home after a bad loss I am afraid this season could be lost. The schedule is too tough to lose the games they should win. NO without Brees should be a win. GB at home should be a win. If they go 3-2 this season could spiral out of control.

On the bright side that would cause major embarrassment to Jerry and lead to Garrett being fired. For me that is a good thing. I worry about a Garrett long term extension.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
how can anyone not think of it as the same ole?

On offense we had one plan "We'll just run the ball". No plays to help loosen up the defense. No incorporating Pollard. No sliding the pocket. No QB runs. Nothing.

On defense we didn't seem to understand how they were going to try & beat us. No defenders undercutting the short routes. Just let them keep moving the chains as long as they don't get over the top.

If the Saints had just flat out been better, I wouldn't have any issue accepting a loss. But this is just another game where we could have \ should have won with any semblance of understanding our opponent & being prepared\willing to utilize other tactics.

Aven8

Reaction score
I trust Dak now so This isn’t the same team. Unfortunately I don’t trust JG still. Will see. Gonna be fun playing all these good teams however.

Sydla

Reaction score
My heart says no, not the same old Cowboys. My head, on the otherhand, says it probably is the same old Cowboys.

They better win this weekend.

sean10mm

Reaction score
This was a classic Garrett coaching loss. So to answer the question, yeah, it's the same ol' Cowboys.

Moore introduces some new wrinkles into the offense the first 3 weeks, just basic stuff like "use play action because teams fear your running game" and "throw on first down a decent amount to keep defenses honest" and it worked GREAT.

First big test game and all the improvements are abandoned so they can throw Zeke into the defense's fat rolls every 1st down and stop using play-action.

I don't know if it was Moore contracting Garrett's brain worms, or Garrett vetoing Moore's gameplan, or what, but it was super stupid and classic post-Jimmy Johnson Cowboys self-sabotage trash for morons.

phildadon86

Reaction score
If we lose Sunday we’re not a true contender. Right now we’re in tier 2 in the NFC. Tier 1 is the Saints and Rams. Tier 2 are us, GB, Philly , Seattle , Chicago.
The Rams just got ran out of their OWN stadium by Tampa Bay, please stop.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I'm not sure if it is the same Cowboys team or not. I'm going to withhold judgement until I see what they do come playoff time. I didn't expect the team to go undefeated in the regular season so I'm not going to freak out about a bad game.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I'm going to wait and see how they respond to this. If they spend the season trying to run and failing against stacked boxes, then it's the same old bonehead Cowboys and this coaching staff should be fired. If they mix things up with playaction, fake playaction, screens, high-percentage short passes, and bombs, and do it successfully, then I'm good.

kento40

Reaction score
No, we have a defense. If the offense can't score two TD's on Teddy Bridgewater and his merry band of men, that's on them. How many times has this team had a prolific offense, just to have a sub par D? Now the D is out there holding teams to minuscule numbers and the offense couldn't take advantage.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
More like same old Garrett............the offense in the saints game had the same old Garrett fingerprints all over it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

No doubt this loss makes the Packers game that much bigger. I think most critics like myself felt we needed to win at least one of these games.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
More like same old Garrett............the offense in the saints game had the same old Garrett fingerprints all over it.
It’s amazing how we look so much different against tougher opponents. Garrett needs to stay in the sky box or booth unless we’re playing a cream puff team.

Id argue it looked more like the same old Dak and offense. Again its amazing how stiffer competition dumbs down the genius OC and MVP QB.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
looks like the same old cowboys to me with the same conservative coaching and classic not knowing what adjustments to make and I will say this paying zeke was dumb

kevm3

Reaction score
Next game will tell us a lot. Will we go back to that creative offense we seen the first 3 games or will we go back into that scared, sludge and trudge offense.