Same old Cowboys or no?

ICP

Reaction score
I wasn't aware the offense was identical each of the last 23 years. I wonder if Romo and Dak know they arre identical to Ryan Leaf, Chad Hutchinson and Clint Stoerner? I certainly didn't. Thanks for the info ...
Not what I meant but whatever

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Who's the OC? If Moore gets all the credit for the first 3 games that were wins and the offense looked great, he deserves blame when the offense fails in a loss. I'm far from a Garrett homer but I'm not a hater either. I point the finger in the direction where the blame should be. Saints loss was not on Garrett.

Agree, I was not on that bandwagon after 3 teams we played. I had said talk to me now from the saints game going forward.

GenoT

Reaction score
..I say, cherry pickens. One game means nothing.
Did the first three wins mean something? And is it only losses that don’t matter?

Seems like the last 23 season of playoff futility might’ve yielded some respect for the effect of losses.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh and I also think that ugliness will lead to a new head coach in 2020.

And let's be honest, that season already feels different.

Elusiv1

Reaction score
I will know more about them in those late stretch of games! Especially when we play the Chicago Bears in Soldier Field where it's going to be cold as F and that Bears defense is going to bring it to our O Line. This Saints loss is not enough for me just yet. It's not like we lost 35-0 to the Miami Dolphins, we lost to a team that had payback in their minds for how we embarrassed then last year on national tv when they were undefeated. They flipped the script on us this year.. Thy sky is not falling to me, we will be just fine guys. This is the NFL, its the way it goes sometimes..

Last edited:

kwcool619

Reaction score
The Rams just got ran out of their OWN stadium by Tampa Bay, please stop.

Since you mentioned the Rams, and I live in Los Angeles, many Rams fans had that glazed look on Monday. They still don't know what happened. It's like the Lakers signed Anthony Davis peeps were elated. When the Clippers signed Kawhi and Paul George, Lakers can (like me) had that same glazed look of "What Just Happened?"

ICP

Reaction score
Since you mentioned the Rams, and I live in Los Angeles, many Rams fans had that glazed look on Monday. They still don't know what happened. It's like the Lakers signed Anthony Davis peeps were elated. When the Clippers signed Kawhi and Paul George, Lakers can (like me) had that same glazed look of "What Just Happened?"
Lol, many Rams Fans? I also live in the LA area and I know 1 Rams fan. I know more Raider, Cowboy, Charger, Eagles, 49er, and Bears fans than I do Ram fans. That's why it was such a stupid move to bring a single team let alone two teams to LA. It's a melting pot of people from all over the US and the minute either of these teams start to stink the fair weather fan base is gonna disappear

kwcool619

Reaction score
Lol, many Rams Fans? I also live in the LA area and I know 1 Rams fan. I know more Raider, Cowboy, Charger, Eagles, 49er, and Bears fans than I do Ram fans. That's why it was such a stupid move to bring a single team let alone two teams to LA. It's a melting pot of people from all over the US and the minute either of these teams start to stink the fair weather fan base is gonna disappear

Well, I do know some Rams fans and they never talk about games after they lose. But they could not shut up when they beat us in the playoffs. I only know one Chargers fan and he lives in San Diego. My younger brother and cousins are Raider Nation. And they do plan to a game or two when the Raiders play in Vegas. Even if they play the Cowboys, I won't be part of that craziness. Imagine the 15 freeway on Sundays. Might as well stay until Tuesday.

My mother lives in Inglewood, West of LaBrea. Even she agrees that it is going to be too much around there. If you're east of LaBrea, South of Manchester, North of the 105 and West of Crenshaw, when the stadium opens, small businesses in the area better ghost. How high will their rent go?

Last edited:

kwcool619

Reaction score

Where are you reppin? I.E.? OC? Sgv? Sfv? Lancaster? Riverside? San Berdoo?

Reactions: ICP

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
They've been the "same old Cowboys" for 20+ years. Nothing they do in the regular season will change it.

It'll change when they make a legitimate run at a championship. That starts with reaching the NFC title game.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its only one game i agree. Going into last night if you told me we split New Orleans and GB i would have taken it and still will. Looking at last nights game i don't put the blame on any individual player. I'd call it an average effort offensively. However.......

The most concerning thing to me is how we lost. The mistakes and the conservative "play not to lose" attitude have been a staple of the Garret era. Yes we've won big games under him, but it seems every time we play with expectations we can't live up to the hype. I think we're all sick of it at this point.

Was it a tough game against a tough opponent last night in their place? Of course, but it was extremely winnable. A win last night not only sets you up in the division, but in the NFC as well going forward. That is whats frustrating. It was there for the taking but we couldn't get it done.

I think this Sundays game will tell us alot. 4-1 and once again NFC powerhouse with a win vs a quality opponent, or 3-2 and same old cowboys. 3 wins coming against teams with a combined 2-10 record.
Same ole coaching. Garrett's stamp of futility.
Having said that, we gave the game away, but why the conservative approach?

ksadler1

Reaction score
Their QB couldn't lead the team to a TD, and needed mid field fumbles to get the field position needed for 2 of their 4 FG's. He isn't who beat us. What beat us was our offense failing to execute consistently, costly penalties, and the fumbles.

To be fair, they ran out of time on our 2 yard line right before halftime.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh and I also think that ugliness will lead to a new head coach in 2020.

And let's be honest, that season already feels different.

Which will demand a new QB......

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Its only one game i agree. Going into last night if you told me we split New Orleans and GB i would have taken it and still will. Looking at last nights game i don't put the blame on any individual player. I'd call it an average effort offensively. However.......

The most concerning thing to me is how we lost. The mistakes and the conservative "play not to lose" attitude have been a staple of the Garret era. Yes we've won big games under him, but it seems every time we play with expectations we can't live up to the hype. I think we're all sick of it at this point.

Was it a tough game against a tough opponent last night in their place? Of course, but it was extremely winnable. A win last night not only sets you up in the division, but in the NFC as well going forward. That is whats frustrating. It was there for the taking but we couldn't get it done.

I think this Sundays game will tell us alot. 4-1 and once again NFC powerhouse with a win vs a quality opponent, or 3-2 and same old cowboys. 3 wins coming against teams with a combined 2-10 record.
one thing...Garrett has not been too bad when back is totally against the wall?..wait...wait...oh yeah 2011, 2012, 2013..8-8 and all three seasons win last game and in playoffs and we lost them all....that shojld have been enough
but then Garrett has one decent year 2014 and hangs on...then in the toilet 2015...then a lucky 2016 then in the toilet 2017...and then a miraculous 2018 ending but in the toilet divisional round..then 2019 3-0 but then in the toilet
game 4....Garrett has bounced back recently with Dak and Zeke....i think good money is in our favor against packers at home...but i still dont know..Garrett has Zero killer instinct..i have just loss all trust in leadership....unless the players
make a pact with themselves to be like they were against Saints last year at least defense wise ...i hope defense stays tough sunday against pack and Dak grows some cantalopes and finds killer instinct?