Same old team

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Relish the relevancy. Can we order 5th seed T-shirts now?
OH SNAP !!!!!! Where can I get one?

Make sure you send one to the Texas Rangers so they can hang it next to their world series champions banner

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
We have only played 3 elite teams and got pantsed by 2 of them.

But you're already saying the Dolphins and Lions games are gimmies.

Players probably are too.

11-6?
I was talking about the trend over the last few years as opposed to past history. You are thinking of ways for us to lose as you usually do.

bigE79

Reaction score
I think our 1st drive set the tone for the game,we were moving the ball well then could have had that huge play that should have been an easy TD to cooks,but dak finds a way to overthrow it and the team went downhill from there.

glimmerman

Reaction score
You must be in denial if you believe that and don’t use the officiating as an excuse. The Bills shot us down like it was target practice. It was total domination. Even McCarthy admitted we got beat in every phase of the game.
I am not using refs as an excuse I was more or less saying it was the same old thing like most games. We beat ourselves in every phase. If Sam Williams makes that block like he had before then nobody would be calling him a bone head. Those are game changing plays.. They went after us and we didn’t punch back. Left B gap open all day. Quinn made no in game adjustments. We need real DTs. Gap control. We lost in the trenches.. What do you think fins will do. Maybe run the ball up the B gap.. I expect us to bounce back but won’t surprise me if we drop another game. Win the last 2..

glimmerman

Reaction score
I think our 1st drive set the tone for the game,we were moving the ball well then could have had that huge play that should have been an easy TD to cooks,but dak finds a way to overthrow it and the team went downhill from there.
That missed TD hurt. Was easy pitch and catch. He gets excited for some reason early in games.. He over threw more than once..

bigE79

Reaction score
I am fine with ambiguity. They may lay another egg. They may not, but this certainty in our demise is a bit overstated don't you think?
Real question,do you like our chances on the rd in the playoffs? going by the last few years and it's outcome,I definitely have major hesitation in trusting this year will be any different,as a fan of this team for 50yrs,it's sucks having to go through this every year.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Real question,do you like our chances on the rd in the playoffs? going by the last few years and it's outcome,I definitely have major hesitation in trusting this year will be any different,as a fan of this team for 50yrs,it's sucks having to go through this every year.
Its funny that he is getting mad at us and saying we are overstating our demise, but I bet you anything he was totally happy doing the victory laps in November with the rest of the homers. Wasn't that also a bit overstated?

bigE79

Reaction score
That missed TD hurt. Was easy pitch and catch. He gets excited for some reason early in games.. He over threw more than once..
And I swear he's going to get a wr seriously hurt on some of his throws,look at what happened to CD when that pass was 3 feet over his head.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I am not using refs as an excuse I was more or less saying it was the same old thing like most games. We beat ourselves in every phase. If Sam Williams makes that block like he had before then nobody would be calling him a bone head. Those are game changing plays.. They went after us and we didn’t punch back. Left B gap open all day. Quinn made no in game adjustments. We need real DTs. Gap control. We lost in the trenches.. What do you think fins will do. Maybe run the ball up the B gap.. I expect us to bounce back but won’t surprise me if we drop another game. Win the last 2..
I really don’t know what game you were watching if you think we beat ourselves. Their running game road graded our defense for over 260 yards. There were two or three scrums where they carried several of our players down the field. They got taken for a ride. It was embarrassing! It took three or four players to bring down Josh Allen. You’re admitting they went after us and we didn’t punch back. You’re admitting we got beat in the trenches. I agree with the second half of your post, but in no way did we beat ourselves. We got destroyed.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Are any of us shocked.. Most every year is the same. We get hot. Lose to a team we should have beat. Go on a run, we get excited and think this is the year we win it all. Get skunked and then finish good and make the playoffs.

Make the playoffs and either one and done or win one and lose the next. Rinse wash and repeat.

I was not shocked we lost because I am sure the players knew before the game we got a playoff spot. But I generally thought we would have beaten them. I could see Parsons being all over allen. Him throwing us a few picks. But after the first quarter you could tell we were gonna lose it. Refs missing calls against them and catching us for everything. They took some cheap shots. Martin negated a big flag. And then someone “accidentally” ran into Martins leg. Let’s hope he is ok.

Now it’s about fins. Won’t be surprised either way about that game. But we should finish the season strong. Let’s hope healthy.
Shocked? No. Disappointed? For this game? Yes.

All losses disappoint me. Moreso for playoff losses but any loss bites.

That said, yesterday's loss was doubly disappointing. Why? Because the team looked the same as it did against Arizona.

Teams should improve as a season progresses. No team is impervious to losing, especially in this era of parity. However, losing that badly? Because of a total lack of competitiveness and coaching adjustments all game long?

Losing by seven or ten points in a hard fought contest is one thing. And yes, the Bills are a good team but losing by 21? James Cook gashing all three levels of the defense for four quarters? Offense being overwhelmed by Buffalo's defense in the pass and run game all four quarters? No coaching adjustments made any impact on reversing the domination all game long?

That level of ineptitude is particularly hard to swallow. There is a lot to fix and a short time in fixing it before the team faces actual playoff teams, all of which will be as hungry or more hungry than Dallas, IN the playoffs.

The time to get right starts in Miami. Getting right should continue through Detroit and end with Washington. The belief Dallas can make a playoff run, when it cannot make a regular season run when it counts the most, is a shallow one.

And before anyone points out the obvious, yes. Yes, Dallas has clinched a playoff spot. The team accomplished that goal. It is not the final goal of any team though. Gotta get right. Right now. Before it is too late.

/rant

stiletto

Reaction score
I really don’t know what game you were watching if you think we beat ourselves. Their running game road graded our defense for over 260 yards. There were two or three scrums where they carried several of our players down the field. They got taken for a ride. It was embarrassing! It took three or four players to bring down Josh Allen. You’re admitting they went after us and we didn’t punch back. You’re admitting we got beat in the trenches. I agree with the second half of your post, but in no way did we beat ourselves. We got destroyed.
People are delusional if they think the refs or w.e caused us to lose that game. The Bills were running 6-7 yds a clip. They didn't even have to pass. Totally trucked. Even if we hit the big play to start and didn't have the penalties we still would've gotten beat pretty bad, like you said. Wasn't even a question. Bills imposed their will.

Reaction score
Are any of us shocked.. Most every year is the same. We get hot. Lose to a team we should have beat. Go on a run, we get excited and think this is the year we win it all. Get skunked and then finish good and make the playoffs.

Make the playoffs and either one and done or win one and lose the next. Rinse wash and repeat.

I was not shocked we lost because I am sure the players knew before the game we got a playoff spot. But I generally thought we would have beaten them. I could see Parsons being all over allen. Him throwing us a few picks. But after the first quarter you could tell we were gonna lose it. Refs missing calls against them and catching us for everything. They took some cheap shots. Martin negated a big flag. And then someone “accidentally” ran into Martins leg. Let’s hope he is ok.

Now it’s about fins. Won’t be surprised either way about that game. But we should finish the season strong. Let’s hope healthy.
Yesterday was not just a bad game.

It was insulting

It was like all executives, management and players walked up to every Cowboys fan and slapped them across the face.