Same old team

glimmerman

Reaction score
Nah, but you got to admit that this team seems to have the day issues as previous years
For many moons now. Used to be winning season then losing season. New HC and now winning seasons so can’t complain there but playoff issues.

lopey

Reaction score
Sucked me in again. Im the idiot for believing this year they are different.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Are any of us shocked.. Most every year is the same. We get hot. Lose to a team we should have beat. Go on a run, we get excited and think this is the year we win it all. Get skunked and then finish good and make the playoffs.

Make the playoffs and either one and done or win one and lose the next. Rinse wash and repeat.

I was not shocked we lost because I am sure the players knew before the game we got a playoff spot. But I generally thought we would have beaten them. I could see Parsons being all over allen. Him throwing us a few picks. But after the first quarter you could tell we were gonna lose it. Refs missing calls against them and catching us for everything. They took some cheap shots. Martin negated a big flag. And then someone “accidentally” ran into Martins leg. Let’s hope he is ok.

Now it’s about fins. Won’t be surprised either way about that game. But we should finish the season strong. Let’s hope healthy.
100 pct spot on. The franchise is soft. Until proven otherwise no one will truly take this team seriously.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Like what? Losing a game and making you unhappy?

Last year it was Dak throwing picks. Year before the defense was recovering in Parsons and Quinn's inaugural season.

Year before that was Garrett.

This whole thread smells of quitting after a loss.
Who is quitting. It ain’t over till we lose a playoff game. If we get there healthy and can stop the run we have a real shot. I am pissed because we knew with the weather we would have to run and stop the run. Was no surprise. What did surprise me was the B gap open like 7-11. All day and night.

glimmerman

Reaction score
100 pct spot on. The franchise is soft. Until proven otherwise no one will truly take this team seriously.
It’s the plush environment JJ has made it. And not letting a true HC have complete power to run this team. As long as MM don’t make waves he will have a job here. Making Quinn HC would be a disaster. We need a big DT. Even an old one. Someone mentioned suh still being around. If he can still play get the donut out of his hand and put him in.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
A lot of fans jumped the ship after the San Francisco debacle, only to get pulled back in during our five game winning streak. A bunch of suckers! Once again they got burned. Nothing has changed with the Cowboys. As soon as they start making everyone believe they have a great team, they get totally destroyed. They show no fight or resiliency when they get down by two scores. They give up. It goes from bad to worse until it ends in an embarrassment.

bigE79

Reaction score
Well, let's hope they are responding better than this board is then.
Hoping only takes you so far fuzzy, we have to learn how to beat good teams on the road,which is what it will take for us to have any chance in the playoffs,if we can't,all hope is lost, again...I said all year this is the best team we've had since 14,and the best chance for us to reach the sb,we fail again and with the cap issues for next year,there's going to be some major changes and not for the better,this season is do or die.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Like what? Losing a game and making you unhappy?

Last year it was Dak throwing picks. Year before the defense was recovering in Parsons and Quinn's inaugural season.

Year before that was Garrett.

This whole thread smells of quitting after a loss.
No, the weak run defense and anytime we got against a decent defense the offense sputters

glimmerman

Reaction score
A lot of fans jumped the ship after the San Francisco debacle, only to get pulled back in during our five game winning streak. A bunch of suckers! Once again they got burned. Nothing has changed with the Cowboys. As soon as they start making everyone believe they have a great team, they get totally destroyed. They show no fight or resiliency when they get down by two scores. They give up. It goes from bad to worse until it ends in an embarrassment.
We shot ourselves in the foot. I think bills played some dirty pool. They went after Daks head to scare him off from running the ball. It worked. The refs once again missed some pretty easy calls especially for holding again. But after the head hunter flag Martin of all people does that crap and negates a penalty that would have gotten us good points at a good time to punch back. Then later someone accidentally runs into his knee.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Hoping only takes you so far fuzzy, we have to learn how to beat good teams on the road,which is what it will take for us to have any chance in the playoffs,if we can't,all hope is lost, again...I said all year this is the best team we've had since 14,and the best chance for us to reach the sb,we fail again and with the cap issues for next year,there's going to be some major changes and not for the better,this season is do or die.
I am fine with ambiguity. They may lay another egg. They may not, but this certainty in our demise is a bit overstated don't you think?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We shot ourselves in the foot. I think bills played some dirty pool. They went after Daks head to scare him off from running the ball. It worked. The refs once again missed some pretty easy calls especially for holding again. But after the head hunter flag Martin of all people does that crap and negates a penalty that would have gotten us good points at a good time to punch back. Then later someone accidentally runs into his knee.
You must be in denial if you believe that and don’t use the officiating as an excuse. The Bills shot us down like it was target practice. It was total domination. Even McCarthy admitted we got beat in every phase of the game.

glimmerman

Reaction score
No, the weak run defense and anytime we got against a decent defense the offense sputters
We need to draft for trenches. I like Biadaz but we may need a better center. We miss Fredbeard. Steele is getting better but not up to 100%.. Our Defense needs to draft DT. Big ones. Mazi is not a immediate impact player.. We keep making the playoffs and we draft towards the end. And our GM and SJ is not a fan of big players aquired through free agency. Can’t open the wallet cause we have a lot of big contracts and have a few coming due.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Locking up a playoff spot by week 14 and making the dance 3 years in a row is not 'normal.'

The level of entitlement here is bloody awesome.
Yet at the same time others can say you are bloody awesome for how low you keep your bar.

To each his own is what I say.