Same old team

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Kind of reminded me of rams playoff game when a retired rb came off the couch at home and they ran for 200+.. We never blitz or run blitz to try to stop it..
The majority of our fans prefer stats over Lombardis and apparently so does this team and staff.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
People are delusional if they think the refs or w.e caused us to lose that game. The Bills were running 6-7 yds a clip. They didn't even have to pass. Totally trucked. Even if we hit the big play to start and didn't have the penalties we still would've gotten beat pretty bad, like you said. Wasn't even a question. Bills imposed their will.
There’s a lot of delusional fans here. If they’re not delusional, they’re in denial.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Are any of us shocked.. Most every year is the same. We get hot. Lose to a team we should have beat. Go on a run, we get excited and think this is the year we win it all. Get skunked and then finish good and make the playoffs.

Make the playoffs and either one and done or win one and lose the next. Rinse wash and repeat.

I was not shocked we lost because I am sure the players knew before the game we got a playoff spot. But I generally thought we would have beaten them. I could see Parsons being all over allen. Him throwing us a few picks. But after the first quarter you could tell we were gonna lose it. Refs missing calls against them and catching us for everything. They took some cheap shots. Martin negated a big flag. And then someone “accidentally” ran into Martins leg. Let’s hope he is ok.

Now it’s about fins. Won’t be surprised either way about that game. But we should finish the season strong. Let’s hope healthy.
First of all how about we just call it the same old league this is the week to week league full of parity that this year has really come to fruition...

this is what the league wanted any given Sunday five days a week now and you could blow a team out one week and get blown out the next you get beat by lesser teams and then you beat up on good teams this is just how the regular season goes this is normal now this is what normal NFL football looks like and yet you're saying same old Cowboys, no it's not the same ole Cowboys , until we don't get past the second round again into an NFC championship game... You can pretty much input it's the same old and then add the names Steelers Packers Commanders giants Cowboys it's a it isn't the same old teams it never will be in the state it's the same old Cowboys it's really the opposite this is the new age look of the NFL and until we accept that we're gonna have so many of these overreactions every week..... It has become a very week to week league and that's just how it is...

If you want to complain then that's fine but you have to realize this is not a product of the Dallas Cowboys this is a product of the NFL by design... I mean look at all these backup quarterbacks playing each other Saturday and Sunday, it's crazy and they're winning games too and there are a lot of teams who are getting beat that shouldn't be getting beat and they are it is just a fact of life now in the NFL... I think a lot of the old school guys here I am one of them but I'm not the one sitting here believing this should be our 80s and 90s teams this is not what the NFL is any longer... So trying to make a comparison that somehow in your eyes this should look and feel different that is your expectation that is your disappointment to live with me I've learned that this is how it is and this isn't even the worst drought in NFL history they're far worse some people have never won a Super Bowl some people only have one there have been 51 years for the Kansas City Chiefs or 60 years for the Eagles I mean this is just part of it being a fan you get frustrated get down feeling like you're never going to get back to one again and then bam one of these days we're gonna break through....

McKDaddy

Reaction score
There’s a lot of delusional fans here. If they’re not delusional, they’re in denial.
That's what makes it so difficult to have a conversation on this site. If you are a realist, you are constantly attacked by the kool aid drinking, pom pom wavers for any suggestion that the team or a player isn't the absolute best in the whole wide world.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
"You got knocked on the canvas, what are you going to do about it?" it can be a diferent year, it all depends on what they WANT to do about that butt kicking moving forward....

glimmerman

Reaction score
First of all how about we just call it the same old league this is the week to week league full of parity that this year has really come to fruition...

this is what the league wanted any given Sunday five days a week now and you could blow a team out one week and get blown out the next you get beat by lesser teams and then you beat up on good teams this is just how the regular season goes this is normal now this is what normal NFL football looks like and yet you're saying same old Cowboys, no it's not the same ole Cowboys , until we don't get past the second round again into an NFC championship game... You can pretty much input it's the same old and then add the names Steelers Packers Commanders giants Cowboys it's a it isn't the same old teams it never will be in the state it's the same old Cowboys it's really the opposite this is the new age look of the NFL and until we accept that we're gonna have so many of these overreactions every week..... It has become a very week to week league and that's just how it is...

If you want to complain then that's fine but you have to realize this is not a product of the Dallas Cowboys this is a product of the NFL by design... I mean look at all these backup quarterbacks playing each other Saturday and Sunday, it's crazy and they're winning games too and there are a lot of teams who are getting beat that shouldn't be getting beat and they are it is just a fact of life now in the NFL... I think a lot of the old school guys here I am one of them but I'm not the one sitting here believing this should be our 80s and 90s teams this is not what the NFL is any longer... So trying to make a comparison that somehow in your eyes this should look and feel different that is your expectation that is your disappointment to live with me I've learned that this is how it is and this isn't even the worst drought in NFL history they're far worse some people have never won a Super Bowl some people only have one there have been 51 years for the Kansas City Chiefs or 60 years for the Eagles I mean this is just part of it being a fan you get frustrated get down feeling like you're never going to get back to one again and then bam one of these days we're gonna break through....
Yeah I was just so excited watching allen throwing all these picks and then it comes to us and by the end of the first quarter I knew how it was going to go. Our Defense the wheels fell off. So frustrating to see the B gap open for business all day. Reminded me of rams playoff game when the old retired rb comes in and runs our Defense over for 200 yards. Lol.

We should bounce back this week but against fins I am not so sure. They like us have beaten up on bad teams. I know teams are gonna get there yards on the ground against us but wow. We got smoked. I thought egirls were better than bills.

We dont exactly help ourselves, they go after Daks head and we get the flag and then Martin goes after the guy and negates it. I kept wondering why Quinn didn’t use a run blitz on obvious run plays. Do you think he maybe isn’t that good or we just don’t have the players.. Was one of those games I guess.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That's what makes it so difficult to have a conversation on this site. If you are a realist, you are constantly attacked by the kool aid drinking, pom pom wavers for any suggestion that the team or a player isn't the absolute best in the whole wide world.
These blowout losses on the road are starting to have an affect on the fans who come here to pump sunshine. I’m not seeing as many this year as in previous seasons. However, there’s still quite a few fans who think the officiating is costing us games. I saw a comment by a fan on a social media site claiming the games have been rigged on the road against the Cowboys. :rolleyes:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"You got knocked on the canvas, what are you going to do about it?" it can be a diferent year, it all depends on what they WANT to do about that butt kicking moving forward....
Perhaps Jones should hired David Goggins as a special motivation consultant for the team down the stretch.

He would consider hiring @Risen Star for the same job but he and Risen would come to blows over who looked better in a derby hat and that would be that.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Are any of us shocked.. Most every year is the same. We get hot. Lose to a team we should have beat. Go on a run, we get excited and think this is the year we win it all. Get skunked and then finish good and make the playoffs.

Make the playoffs and either one and done or win one and lose the next. Rinse wash and repeat.

I was not shocked we lost because I am sure the players knew before the game we got a playoff spot. But I generally thought we would have beaten them. I could see Parsons being all over allen. Him throwing us a few picks. But after the first quarter you could tell we were gonna lose it. Refs missing calls against them and catching us for everything. They took some cheap shots. Martin negated a big flag. And then someone “accidentally” ran into Martins leg. Let’s hope he is ok.

Now it’s about fins. Won’t be surprised either way about that game. But we should finish the season strong. Let’s hope healthy.
Stephen A finally says something that I agree with and that's " The Boys got PUNKED" by Buffalo. I really thought after the Eagle game that the cream was finally settling at the top, but after watching two Buffalo scoring drives I had to turn the game off because I knew that heartless and gutless team that showed up in Arizona and SF was on the field and that this game was over before it ever even started. The Cowboys Big Bad defense is a joke when it has to go up against teams like the Buffalo's and Miami's of the league. What a waste of jet fuel, make this undiscipline of a team take the bus to Miami..................

glimmerman

Reaction score
Stephen A finally says something that I agree with and that's " The Boys got PUNKED" by Buffalo. I really thought after the Eagle game that the cream was finally settling at the top, but after watching two Buffalo scoring drives I had to turn the game off because I knew that heartless and gutless team that showed up in Arizona and SF was on the field and that this game was over before it ever even started. The Cowboys Big Bad defense is a joke when it has to go up against teams like the Buffalo's and Miami's of the league. What a waste of jet fuel, make this undiscipline of a team take the bus to Miami..................
Yeah when we got the ball when it was 7-0 and Dak had time and a wide open Cooks down the middle for a bomb of a TD and he over throws the pass and then he does it again on a much shorter pass then you could see what was gonna happen.

Chasing6

Reaction score
A majority of SB teams have the ability to run the ball and stop the run. We are not exceptional at either one.