San Antonio Spurs

Route 66

Reaction score
What the heck is up with the Spurs only losing 2 games this year so far?

And why are some of the Spurs fans not basking in it on here? :D

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Well for me, I do not get excited about B-ball till January.

Hopefully they continue to play like this.

MC KAos

Reaction score
ya im very happy about it, but i always come on here and say it doesnt matter till the rodeo road trip, it would be hypocritical of me to come on here and boast about our record when we are barely into december. I am very excited though and i just hope we stay healthy, if we do, i think we have a good chance to compete with the lakers and beat everyone else in the west

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
It's because Parker has a lot of "pent up energy" that he did not have the last few seasons!

MC KAos

Reaction score
Joe Rod;3726324 said:
It's because Parker has a lot of "pent up energy" that he did not have the last few seasons!

i just wonder if he signed the extension with the spurs after the mess since he now doesnt have to move to new york or LA to appease his actress wife

The Panch

Reaction score
Pathetic way to end the half.

As for the rest of the season, they still dont have the size to beat L.A. in 4 out of 7 times.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
zrinkill;3726769 said:
:laugh2:

Only in the Mavs fans dreams.

If the Spurs had not just beaten the Magic, I would talk a lot of smack right now. But.......

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Joe Rod;3726840 said:
If the Spurs had not just beaten the Magic, I would talk a lot of smack right now. But.......

People saying Mavs > Spurs is like saying Cardinals > Cowboys in the NFL.

There is no comparison in Legacies.

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v210/zrinkill/spursbanner.jpg

vs

458461551_929459b069.jpg

:laugh2:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
zrinkill;3726856 said:
http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v210/zrinkill/spursbanner.jpg

Hope you enjoyed those as when Duncan retires, so does the Spurs winning. ;) :p: :D

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
nyc;3726858 said:
Hope you enjoyed those as when Duncan retires, so does the Spurs winning. ;) :p: :D

Oh yea ...... when Dirk retires you guys will no longer win champi........ oh wait ....... nevermind.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
zrinkill;3726861 said:
Oh yea ...... when Dirk retires you guys will no longer win champi........ oh wait ....... nevermind.

I'm not a NBA fan so your Dirk insults do not affect me. ;) :D

MC KAos

Reaction score
Motorbreath;3726757 said:
Mavericks > Spurs

GO MAVS

LOLZ, in the words of Fez, you silly virgin (championship virgin)

nyc;3726858 said:

ya, i guess duncan was there from 76 through 96 when the spurs were able to amass the third highest winning percentage in the history of the NBA and missed the playoffs only twice! :rolleyes:

the mavs were a joke before dirk, and after HE retires they will return to being a joke

zrinkill;3726861 said:

:lmao:

MC KAos

Reaction score
The Panch;3726700 said:
Pathetic way to end the half.

As for the rest of the season, they still dont have the size to beat L.A. in 4 out of 7 times.

it was just one game, on the second night of a back to back on the road two time zones away, its not a big deal. Blake Griffin was ON last night tho, he is my new favorite player not on the spurs or named kevin durant!

i could counter the size argument by saying the lakers dont have the quickness to keep up with our guards. I dont think we will be the lakers either but i wouldnt say it not possible, it could very well happen, specially if we can get home court.

here is some Blake Griffin Awesomeness!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2VLEGtRuz4

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
A couple of things:

This team has rarely been healthy the past two or three years, and they're healthy now.

Also, Richard Jefferson is playing much, much better this year. He has found his place on this team, found his role.

Even with the Big Three, the Spurs have always depended greatly on role players, and there was a transition the past couple of years. Guys like Bowen and Fabrecio had to be replaced. It has taken the new guys a year or two to fit in.

They're healthy and their chemistry has improved since guys like Jefferson and Hill have settled into roles. The addition of Splitter is nice, too.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I am extremely excited, but I am remaining grounded. I mean it is just the beginning of December, oh and we just lost to the freakin Clippers. Still, to have only 3 losses at this point in the season is quite nice. What I am pleased with is the fact that the Spurs are playing defense a lot better than last year, they are shooting better as a team, and they seem to have much more depth....oh and everyone looks refreshed and healthy. The only real downer is the injury to Anderson. But, it may be a blessing, as his return might give us a much needed boost as we hit January and February. Another thing I am pleased about, they are in every single game. They have lost twice by 9 and once by 5, but had chances late to take charge and win the games. Turnovers, poor shot selection, missed shots, and sound execution by the opponents led to the 3 losses.

The only game I am not pleased with was Dallas. They did not really play as a team on the offensive end. When your two PGs combine for 1 assist and several turnovers, when the entire team has almost double the turnovers as assists, that is never a good sign. You cannot play that way and expect to beat a team like Dallas, one of the best shooting teams in the league. What was all the more frustrating was Dirk didn't even shoot a FT, and the Mavs missed a ton of FTs in the first quarter.

Still, Duncan looks rather spry. Manu looks like a candidate for MVP. Parker looks like he has become a complete PG, dishing the rock like it is going out of style. RJ looks freakin awesome, a total opposite of last year. The rest of the role players are stepping in just nicely.

I am excited about the rest of the season, but let's just get through December and take it from there. The Lakers are the Champs and still the team to beat, until they are eliminated from the postseason. Should be a fun ride.......

GO SPURS GO

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
nyc;3726864 said:
I'm not a NBA fan so your Dirk insults do not affect me. ;) :D

so you are that guy....not a fan of something, yet talking smack about it. has to be one per room and that one is you.

i am not a fan of the NBA....Spurs suck....REALLY? why waste precious life's moments on something you are not even interested in....why not save your energy and time for the things that peak your interest?

what that shows me and the rest of the posters is, you simply posted to be a 3 letter word for donkey and nothing more.....mission accomplished.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Biggems;3726984 said:
so you are that guy....not a fan of something, yet talking smack about it. has to be one per room and that one is you.

i am not a fan of the NBA....Spurs suck....REALLY? why waste precious life's moments on something you are not even interested in....why not save your energy and time for the things that peak your interest?

what that shows me and the rest of the posters is, you simply posted to be a 3 letter word for donkey and nothing more.....mission accomplished.

Yep. That would be me and I'm the biggest donkey you've ever met too. ;)