San Fran passes the eye test early as a favorite to be in line for contention

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I'm just not getting the point.

We did build. We currently have the 6th ranked run offense. The thread sounds like we are saying that we didn't go about building a running game the right way and using the niners to compare.

Now if you would have said...... "the niners have the 2nd ranked defense in football" then I can see the point. Lets figure out the defense. But pointing to 5'9inch Matt Brieda I guess is lost on me.
You just want me to say that we spent too much money on Zeke,, no not really, that's the going rate.
Im comparing a microcosm in a build process, using the RB position as a reference.
You want me to say that we should have never drafted a RB 4th overall,,, ya,, probably, that's a cap set pay scale.
There you go, run with it.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Deforest Buckner would've been the best choice there, looking back.

superonyx

Reaction score
You just want me to say that we spent too much money on Zeke,, no not really, that's the going rate.
Im comparing a microcosm in a build process, using the RB position as a reference.
You want me to say that we should have never drafted a RB 4th overall,,, ya,, probably, that's a cap set pay scale.
I don't want you to say anything.
I want you to make a coherent point.

You talk about where the niners drafted the RB's and then you reach for a point that just isnt made.

Then you talk about a build process........huh?

So what did we do wrong and what have the niners done so right in regards to the running game?

Your point falters because it seems like you don't actually have one.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I don't want you to say anything.
I want you to make a coherent point.

You talk about where the niners drafted the RB's and then you reach for a point that just isnt made.

Then you talk about a build process........huh?

So what did we do wrong and what have the niners done so right in regards to the running game?

Your point falters because it seems like you don't actually have one.
Seems rather simple to me if your watching the entire league and not just focusing on your favorite team.
Doesn't have to be as complicated or diverse as you are trying to make it out to be.

superonyx

Reaction score
We have the NFL's #1 offense in yards per game and #9 in points per game.
We lost a 2 point game on the road in NO and a game where we committed too many turnovers while gaining almost 600 yards vs 300 to the Packers.

We are in first place in the division and we are pretending we are some dumpster fire that needs to blow it all up.

Btw. The niners beat the Bucs, Bungles, Browns, and depleted Steelers.

superonyx

Reaction score
Seems rather simple to me if your watching the entire league and not just focusing on your favorite team.
Doesn't have to be as complicated or diverse as you are trying to make it out to be.
Then explain it to us. I'm not seeing how the copying the niners is what we need to do.

The niners were:

2-14
6-10
4-12

A 4-0 start and victories over the Bengals, Browns, Bucs, and Steelers doesnt make them the model.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Did anyone "eye test" San Fran in their crapfest 4th quarter comeback win (at home) over Mason Rudolph's Steelers? Or are we only looking at the Browns thrashing with San Fran coming off a bye? :rolleyes:

Prior to squeaking by Pittsburgh they beat Cincinnati and Tampa Bay. I want to see them play the Rams, Seahawks, Saints, and Packers before crowning them.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Outside of Kittle (a fifth round pick), 49ers don't have an elite WR or RB. They have good players, guys that get the job done as a unit. Looking at us, we need the superstar RB and WR.

You don't win in this league anymore giving big bucks to skill positions. Just not how it works. Jerry is still living in the 90s.

superonyx

Reaction score
Outside of Kittle (a fifth round pick), 49ers don't have an elite WR or RB. They have good players, guys that get the job done as a unit. Looking at us, we need the superstar RB and WR.

You don't win in this league anymore giving big bucks to skill positions. Just not how it works. Jerry is still living in the 90s.
Which skill positions are getting big bucks?
We have the highest paid OL in the league, 2 DEs that account for 30M and a LB making huge dollars.

Please tell me you are not criticizing Jerry for something you made up in your mind.

another stupid post from you.

cowboyec

Reaction score
everyone is in contention in october.
we'll see where they are in december.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Lets just stick to the facts here and let it sink in for a moment.

I know this will anger many and this post is not intended to do so.

Matt Breida - undrafted

Tevin Coleman - 3rd round

Raheem Mostert - undrafted

This team can pound the rock, they bring a serious ground game with minimal cap expense.

Thats a build model that is working out, right now, on gameday, and as much as it pains me to say it,

San Fran passes the eye test early as a favorite to be in line for contention.

Jerry thinks he can buy a championship because he spends big money to retain top talent, perceived top talent.

All though this thread is focused on how another team addressed their RB issues and suceeded, and how the Cowboys have addressed our backfield is obviously the topic of this post, its actually just a microcosm of the real problem in big D.

Its much larger than most are willing to even admit.
I enjoy the title referring to an "eye test" and the first line in the body is "Let's just stick to the facts...".
Awesome.

alicetooljam

Reaction score
Lets just stick to the facts here and let it sink in for a moment.

I know this will anger many and this post is not intended to do so.

Matt Breida - undrafted

Tevin Coleman - 3rd round

Raheem Mostert - undrafted

This team can pound the rock, they bring a serious ground game with minimal cap expense.

Thats a build model that is working out, right now, on gameday, and as much as it pains me to say it,

San Fran passes the eye test early as a favorite to be in line for contention.

Jerry thinks he can buy a championship because he spends big money to retain top talent, perceived top talent.

All though this thread is focused on how another team addressed their RB issues and suceeded, and how the Cowboys have addressed our backfield is obviously the topic of this post, its actually just a microcosm of the real problem in big D.

Its much larger than most are willing to even admit.

Theyve played Tampa Bay, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, and Cleveland...lets wait until they play someone.

GroundZero1970

Reaction score
The niners have picked in the top 10 the last 4 years so umm yeah they should have some decent players. Like us they really ha not played anyone so I will reserve judgement

ryanbabs

Reaction score
Niners are blowing right by the Cowboys and it's not really a surprise. Been 3 years and that D looks like a night and day difference from this one. Cowboys overvalue some players and those salaries will be back breakers down the road. Plus SF isn't run by complete buffoons.
Let’s be honest here. With the exception of the Rams game last year, pretty much all of us thought our D was either elite or really close.