San Fran passes the eye test early as a favorite to be in line for contention

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
There is no excuse that can justify the price tag of Zeke's new contract relative to his contribution to Kellen Moore's new offense...less run more pass. It's cost-prohibitive to keep up with other conference competitors such as the 49ers when the distribution of limited salary cap money is so unbalanced. I commend the job the FO of the 49ers appears to be doing.

Big_D

Reaction score
Let’s be honest here. With the exception of the Rams game last year, pretty much all of us thought our D was either elite or really close.

They got completely demolished in the playoffs then they make Aaron Jones look like a hall of famer. Still can’t get over that Green Bay hump. An embarrassment at home. Let’s be honest here.. right now they’re pretenders.instead of the arrow pointing up after last year, they look worse?! We’ll see if the niners move backwards?!

ryanbabs

Reaction score
They got completely demolished in the playoffs then they make Aaron Jones look like a hall of famer. Still can’t get over that Green Bay hump. An embarrassment at home. Let’s be honest here.. right now they’re pretenders.instead of the arrow pointing up after last year, they look worse?! We’ll see if the niners move backwards?!
That’s my whole point. Let’s tap the brakes on the Niners passing us by. Who knows what happens. I get what you’re saying and your frustration. Just think the Niners are a bit overrated especially if you look at who they’ve played.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
There is no excuse that can justify the price tag of Zeke's new contract relative to his contribution to Kellen Moore's new offense...less run more pass. It's cost-prohibitive to keep up with other conference competitors such as the 49ers when the distribution of limited salary cap money is so unbalanced. I commend the job the FO of the 49ers appears to be doing.
We're only a few games into Zeke's contract with a virgin OC who's guaranteed to adjust and grow into the position.
Given the chance.

Proof

Reaction score
Maybe I am missing the point. Or maybe it went off sideways.

So are you saying if we spent 5 million per year on Coleman then we would be better off?
Are you saying if we didnt spend money on a RB (Zeke) then we could spend this money on the Offensive Line?

I don't remember us not being able to pay the offensive line. Heck, T Smith, L Collins, Frederick, Martin are all among the highest paid in the league.

What am I missing?

lol you’re missing the part where we bottomed out for five years and consistently picked in the top ten. Also where paying a backup 27 mil a yr somehow equates to not “buying”. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

superonyx

Reaction score
We have the highest paid offensive line in the league. We have 2 DEs collecting 30M, 1 can’t even sniff the QB. We have one of the highest paid LBers in the league.

and somehow Zekes contract is creating an uneven cap distribution?
You are kidding right?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
We have the highest paid offensive line in the league. We have 2 DEs collecting 30M, 1 can’t even sniff the QB. We have one of the highest paid LBers in the league.

and somehow Zekes contract is creating an uneven cap distribution?
You are kidding right?
I'm only addressing the offense. The offensive line has a prominent role in every offensive play. If they are the highest paid in the league then that is money well spent. If you can't "sniff" the QB then you need look for yourself how inexpensive he is, I'll even provide you the link.

https://overthecap.com/position/quarterback/

superonyx

Reaction score
I'm only addressing the offense. The offensive line has a prominent role in every offensive play. If they are the highest paid in the league then that is money well spent. If you can't "sniff" the QB then you need look for yourself how inexpensive he is, I'll even provide you the link.

https://overthecap.com/position/quarterback/

I’m not sure what Zekes contract has to do with the QB?
So the OL is eating up so much cap and this is ok even though our QB was sacked more than any QB in the NFL last season. We will have no problem paying Dak and Cooper. Our OL is the highest paid in the league and yet somehow it’s Zekes contract that is disproportionately high?

you see how this just doesn’t pass the “sniff” test.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I’m not sure what Zekes contract has to do with the QB?
So the OL is eating up so much cap and this is ok even though our QB was sacked more than any QB in the NFL last season. We will have no problem paying Dak and Cooper. Our OL is the highest paid in the league and yet somehow it’s Zekes contract that is disproportionately high?

you see how this just doesn’t pass the “sniff” test.
I'm addressing the expense of the entire offense. That's how Zeke's contract is related to the QB. Please do try to keep up. And please stop presenting your lies as facts. Our QB has never been, "sacked more than any QB in the NFL" in any season. If we are going to have no problem paying Dak and Cooper, as you say, then why haven't they already been paid? Here's a thought, if Zeke took less, we could pay the others more. Simple economics, but from previous conversations with you, I already know that isn't your strong point. Zeke is no longer prominently featured in our offense so he should not be paid as such.

Praxit

Reaction score
It’s weird how when you watch other defenses they look fast and angry. Our players often look like they’re not really committed to what they’re doing and passive.
..that's because Jerry has promised them a bucket of chicken. That's all it takes to put 50% of effort..lol.. Other teams get promised a thigh or leg. They go 100%, they want more.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Lol. Their schedule has been pure junk. Let's hold off and see what they do against the Rams and Seahawks. How have they passed us? When is the last time they even got to the playoffs or won their division, 6 years?

We have built a team better than they have.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
San Fran passes the eye test early as a favorite to be in line for contention.

Jerry thinks he can buy a championship because he spends big money to retain top talent, perceived top talent.
o_O
Who has San Fran beaten? They haven't even played a playoff team from '19. They barely squeaked by a back up qb when Pittyburger came to visit them. The RAMS are going to chew them up and spit them out. The Niners will be Dallas' evil twin. :laugh:
3cr2p9.jpg

superonyx

Reaction score
I'm addressing the expense of the entire offense. That's how Zeke's contract is related to the QB. Please do try to keep up. And please stop presenting your lies as facts. Our QB has never been, "sacked more than any QB in the NFL" in any season. If we are going to have no problem paying Dak and Cooper, as you say, then why haven't they already been paid? Here's a thought, if Zeke took less, we could pay the others more. Simple economics, but from previous conversations with you, I already know that isn't your strong point. Zeke is no longer prominently featured in our offense so he should not be paid as such.
You are still arguing about Zekes contract long after it’s done. I believe you were one of the morons....probably the biggest...swearing now Jerry wouldn’t pay Zeke...people tried to tell you what an idiot you were then. You learned nothing.
And Dak was the second most sacked QB last year....you really got me there. Way to disprove my point. Your not getting any better at this.

so after looking like the village idiot over Zekes contract you are here saying Dak and Cooper won’t get paid. Haha...If we were not paying Dak why did Stephen Jones think Dak was going to sign last weekend? And Cooper made the choice to bet on himself and not sign yet.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
o_O
Who has San Fran beaten? They haven't even played a playoff team from '19. They barely squeaked by a back up qb when Pittyburger came to visit them. The RAMS are going to chew them up and spit them out. The Niners will be Dallas' evil twin. :laugh:
3cr2p9.jpg

Your predictions are almost always wrong.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Both 49ers starting Tackles are out this week, and Kittle is questionable.

Their primary backup Tackle was lost to a season ending injury in camp.

Ouch.

Will be fun to see how ol' Shanny runs that offense vs the Rams now. Probably still be pretty decent.

817Gill

Reaction score
Then explain it to us. I'm not seeing how the copying the niners is what we need to do.

The niners were:

2-14
6-10
4-12

A 4-0 start and victories over the Bengals, Browns, Bucs, and Steelers doesnt make them the model.
Lmaoooo this is the one that KO’d him :laugh:

No clear point whatsoever