Saquon 14 carries 28 yards

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Actually Barkley had zero good rushes. The ONE play he made was a pass play with a holding penalty that wasn’t called.
True. It was a pass wasn't it? Thanks for correcting me. It's early. All I saw was a long run on a good play call. Kinda looked like someone who plays for us. :laugh:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well the Giants are 25th against the rush so plenty of other RB’s have had success against them. Add in the fact I think we have a top 5, top 10 O line at worst, and I respectfully disagree. Most of the teams the Giants have played, that caused them to be 25th against the run don’t even have near as good as O line as we do.
All due respect, that has little to do with what I posted. lol I'm not saying we should use yesterday's game as the standard by which Zeke should be judged. I'm just saying those other games you mentioned shouldn't either.
:thumbup:

aria

Reaction score
I guess we have to discount Emmitt’s accomplishments because he had a good line. Montana’s dominance needs to be thrown out because he had Rice, Taylor, etc. Those types of arguments are stupid and reveal agendas. You accomplish what you accomplish and the rest is just excuses.

I, and several others, have made the Zeke/Barkley comparison similar to Emmitt/Sanders. All are great backs. Emmitt and Zeke are the more dependable and consistent backs, while Sanders and Barkley will make more flashy plays, but will also have many more runs for a loss. Different styles, different backs. I’ll take the consistent, dependable back EVERY time. You can have your own opinion, but if you don’t like mine, make no mistake that I do NOT care.
Apparently you do because you’ve already made one personal attack against me and continue to respond. No one’s dominance needs to be thrown out but if you’re going to compare players head to head then you should tell the whole story.

Do you think Andre Johnson would have been one of the best receivers to play the game if he had a QB to throw him the ball? Would it be fair to compare him to a much less talented receiver who had more weapons around him, a better O line to block for his QB and a better QB? No it wouldn’t be fair.

If you put Zeke on the Giants team for the past two years his stats wouldn’t be that much better than Barkley’s, if at all. IMOF, I would argue that Barkley would have better stats than Zeke behind the Cowboys O line than Zeke had because he usually has much more room to run which is what he needs and Zeke would have better stats than Barkley running behind the Giants O line since he’s more of a downhill runner.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
I think if we had Christian McCaffrey and handed the ball off to him on the same plays, he would have rushed for 200 against the Giants.

aria

Reaction score
All due respect, that has little to do with what I posted. lol I'm not saying we should use yesterday's game as the standard by which Zeke should be judged. I'm just saying those other games you mentioned shouldn't either.
:thumbup:
Lol, after re reading it I see what ya meant, sorry about that.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Apparently you do because you’ve already made one personal attack against me and continue to respond. No one’s dominance needs to be thrown out but if you’re going to compare players head to head then you should tell the whole story.

Do you think Andre Johnson would have been one of the best receivers to play the game if he had a QB to throw him the ball? Would it be fair to compare him to a much less talented receiver who had more weapons around him, a better O line to block for his QB and a better QB? No it wouldn’t be fair.

If you put Zeke on the Giants team for the past two years his stats wouldn’t be that much better than Barkley’s, if at all. IMOF, I would argue that Barkley would have better stats than Zeke behind the Cowboys O line than Zeke had because he usually has much more room to run which is what he needs and Zeke would have better stats than Barkley running behind the Giants O line since he’s more of a downhill runner.

That’s your opinion and it’s fine. But, it’s just your opinion and it’s something we’ll never know. Don’t post it like it’s a fact. The real facts are Zeke had a much better game last night. It is what it is and anything else is purely conjecture.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think if we had Christian McCaffrey and handed the ball off to him on the same plays, he would have rushed for 200 against the Giants.
That's hard to argue against. Speed would've made Zeke a lot more yards yesterday. He's starting to remind me of guys like Ironhead Heyward, in that he gets dirty yards that a lot of RBs don't, but he's not outrunning defenses like some RBs do.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
That's hard to argue against. Speed would've made Zeke a lot more yards yesterday. He's starting to remind me of guys like Ironhead Heyward, in that he gets dirty yards that a lot of RBs don't, but he's not outrunning defenses like some RBs do.

All this talk about Zeke not having any speed is comical. He’s just as fast as he was 3 years ago. Long runs are rare and are generally dependent on catching a defense with no one back to tackle the runner after he breaks through the defense. Zeke ran with power and with numerous nice, quick cuts last night. He’s far faster than Emmitt ever was.

Last edited:

aria

Reaction score
you’re entitled to your opinion, it doesn’t bother me at all. I’m “offended” that you think I can’t be objective and haven’t criticized zeke just because I’m praising him now. Even if it were true (it’s not) I’m a fan of his and the team, so it’s perfectly normal. It’s also especially rich coming from you since you are a broken record concerning zeke
Same broken record as most of the people who are quiet anytime he doesn’t do well but are the first to get on their knees and talk about how he’s the best the minute he has a good game against a horrendous team.

Sorry to offend you, but don’t be offended because a paint a clearer picture of what happened and not just a few numbers as if that tells the entire story.

For the record, I’ve brought up the same thing in other threads. I’ve basically said I’ve taken this win with a grain of salt due to who we played and backed that up with facts. It’s not just Zeke, I’ve said a couple things about Dak, about our d line and their turnovers, etc. Everyone on this team should have looked good yesterday and although I’m happy they won, I realize who they were playing which is much less exciting than say beating SF or NO or a few other teams.

We’ve beat one team with a winning record for christs sake, just beat a 2 win team (lucky they don’t have 1 win) and some are acting like we won the Super Bowl. How about I get 3 turnovers against a QB that hasn’t given up 17 in the past 8 games? How about I get excited over getting 4.5 sacks against a team that isn’t tied for 4th in most sacks given up? How about I get excited when our offense whoops a defense that isn’t the 4th worst in the league?

Is there anything wrong with keeping things in perspective?

zack

Reaction score
Zeke keeps the chains moving. Hes not as flashy as Saquon, but the dirty yards are more important. Saquon will bust one almost every game and thats a bid deal, however Zeke consistently falling forward is a much bigger deal.

Reminds me of the ole #22 & #20 debate. I will still take #22 over #20....

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
Zeke gets dirty yards for sure. He also leaves a lot of yards on the field too. CM on several of those runs Zeke had would have gained a lot more yards if not taken them to the house. Zeke has never been great out in space making guys miss. When he was a rookie, (Not that long ago) he just ran passed them. I have mentioned numerous times that his play has been going down ever since that year. I like Zeke but I see what I see. He is wearing down a little faster than we as fans would have hoped.

aria

Reaction score
That’s your opinion and it’s fine. But, it’s just your opinion and it’s something we’ll never know. Don’t post it like it’s a fact. The real facts are Zeke had a much better game last night. It is what it is and anything else is purely conjecture.
And the real facts are the Giants are one of the worst teams in the league, with one of the worst defenses in the league and one of the worst O lines in the league. That’s not my opinion, that’s a fact, but people take it personal because they know I don’t like Zeke.

This has nothing to do with my dislike of Zeke BTW. As I just said, I’ve made similar comments about other players who I do like. Even when Zeke had bad games (ie New Orleans) I didn’t start a single thread about him but I am more opinionated about him than most due to his off season antics. He created a higher standard for himself by holding out with 2 years left on his contract and demanding to be paid as the highest paid RB so he should rightfully be held to a higher standard by the fans and his teammates. So far he’s looked good/great against some of the worst teams in the league and pathetic against the better ones. That shouldn’t get swept under the rug or overlooked and people shouldn't be criticized for pointing that out. He brought this attention on himself, like he does off the field as well.