Saquon Barkley out for year

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Blocking no, running yes. With the room zeke has had to run Barkley would have had many more yards.

lol you see what Zeke was running behind yesterday?

Barkley is too finesse. He's a 230 pound finesse player. How he looks and how he plays don't go together.

If he would run behind he pads and stop looking to bounce every run he might have more yards.

Athlete: Barkley > Zeke

Runningback: Barkley < Zeke

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Watch the Giants get Trevor Lawrence. They are so bad.
Lawrence can't save them at this point. Truthfully Daniel Jones isn't nearly as bad as people tried to make him out to be. I was one of the people too who thought it was insane that they took Haskins but as of now....it looks like Haskins is inferior to him.

aria

Reaction score
Man you don't even know what you're arguing anymore lol. You've backed yourself into a corner on this Zeke debate that you can't move. You are now resorting to what Zeke will at 35 in order to say Zeke sucks now lol.
Dude...what in the hell are you talking about? Did you not bring up durability as one of his “premier” traits? AP and Gore are the definition of durability, are they not?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
lol you see what Zeke was running behind yesterday?

Barkley is too finesse. He's a 230 pound finesse player. How he looks and how he plays don't go together.

If he would run behind he pads and stop looking to bounce every run he might have more yards.

Athlete: Barkley > Zeke

Runningback: Barkley < Zeke
Its no comparison either as far as running backs go.

One thing about Zeke people take for granted.....how many times have you seen Zeke lose a yard or more? How many times do you see him get hit in the back field?

endersdragon

Reaction score
Well in this division....it doesn't seem that way. I guess if we beat all of these teams in our division that may be good enough to win the division.
6-0 division, beating the Cardinals, Browns, Bengals, Falcons, and maybe one other win for an 11-5 record. LOL

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dude...what in the hell are you talking about? Did you not bring up durability as one of his “premier” traits? AP and Gore are the definition of durability, are they not?
Is missing 35 games in your career considered durable? Especially when Zeke hasn't missed any because of injury? I'll give you Frank Gore. He's Mr. Durable but Gore has never been the back Zeke is. NEVER.

75boyz

Reaction score
I agree. The Giants were coming off a 3-13 season where their QB clearly regressed, and played 14-15 games. So, it wasn't like Eli still had it in him but got a fluke injury.
Their defense was being overhauled and switched to a 3-4 for the 2018 season and Chubb would of been a great option to start the 3-4 out with.

Barkley is probably the most talented from that draft class, but he was taken into a team that had an old QB with no heir, a rebuilding offensive line and a defense that quickly turned sour.

Even up to now, the offensive line is meh, TBD at QB and the defense still sucks.

Excellent write up. Does me good to read another fan who obviously pays close attention to other NFL roster talent and doesn't just go by FF box stats. Actually watches other teams players play and appreciates their skill sets.
I like Daniel Jones's game too but their o line woes, particularly run blocking, have been insanely inept for about 7 or 8 years now. Guess we'll see if Colombo and Garrett survive all this because outside of those 2, the pickins are slim, lol. Another top 5 pick type team I believe this year again.

Nice post.

Go Cowboys

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
One of the top 3 in the entire league, huge loss for the Giants.
Not great depth behind him..
Dion Lewis
Wayne Gallman
Not a very good situation, not very good preparation in case Saquan were to get injured.
Maybe they cough up their 2021 first for Pollard.. they wont, and nothing less I would take from a division rival, I like our depth,, even Rico Dowdle is very intriguing to me.
But they will have to make a move or two and go deep at the position, and that move might force them to release a player or two that they didnt want to.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Because taking a RB, a position often injured, when you have multiple holes on your team is a luxury you can't afford.

If Barkley was completely healthy I would say they should trade him.

That pick is like going out and buying a brand new car when the old one is fine and your up to your ears in debt already.
Wouldn't it be more like buying a new sports car, when you live in the woods with no garage?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Lawrence can't save them at this point. Truthfully Daniel Jones isn't nearly as bad as people tried to make him out to be. I was one of the people too who thought it was insane that they took Haskins but as of now....it looks like Haskins is inferior to him.

Here is the thing about Darnold.

He left school wayyyy to early.

He has 3 years NFL experience and is 23 years old.

Not to mention that Adam Gase is screwing everything up for that team.

If the Jets let him go I would jump all over that opportunity. I'm sure Belichick will sign him and dominate with him.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
It was a horrendous pick because their GM is an idiot and thought they could still win games with the roster they had when in reality they had almost no talent and their O line was one of the worst in the league, has been one of the worst in the league and is still one of the worst in the league.

It’s amazing Barkley was able to accomplish what he did his first year and last year with a high ankle sprain most of the season. I really feel for the him, he seems like a stand up dude and he never had a chance. If the Giants were smart they would trade him for whatever they could which won’t be much now since he’s damaged goods and coming up on a contract. They should just cut ties for their own good and for Barkley’s best interests. I would love to see what he could do behind even a top 10 O line...just not in our division.

He'd be quite enjoyable to watch with the Chiefs. He and Mahomes together would be lethal. I'd love him on the Cowboys, but I don't think we'd be able to get him, so the Chiefs would be fun to see Barkley with.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Why do you think they'll be loyal to Daniel?

If they're #1 pick bad, that probably means he played terribly this season. The head coach didn't draft him and they'll probably get a new GM.
Because hes in his second year and has shown flashes

Lawerence would be drafted into that same horrible situation that Jones is in. Horrible OL, horrible defense, and no #1 at receiver.

its moot anyways because I believe the Jets are getting the first pick

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Here is the thing about Darnold.

He left school wayyyy to early.

He has 3 years NFL experience and is 23 years old.

Not to mention that Adam Gase is screwing everything up for that team.

If the Jets let him go I would jump all over that opportunity. I'm sure Belichick will sign him and dominate with him.

Not a fan of him or Mayfield. I've heard it all about them. The issue is consistency and that's something I haven't seen from Darnold.