Saquon Barkley out for year

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Why do you think they'll be loyal to Daniel?

If they're #1 pick bad, that probably means he played terribly this season. The head coach didn't draft him and they'll probably get a new GM.

If they are bad enough to get the 1st overall pick they will take Lawrence and someone will trade them for Daniel Jones just like someone took Josh Rosen from the Cardinals.

aria

Reaction score
lol you see what Zeke was running behind yesterday?

Barkley is too finesse. He's a 230 pound finesse player. How he looks and how he plays don't go together.

If he would run behind he pads and stop looking to bounce every run he might have more yards.

Athlete: Barkley > Zeke

Runningback: Barkley < Zeke
Yesterday? I’m talking about both of their careers so far. Zeke has had a top 5 run blocking line all but one year in which it was 10th. Barkey has had one of the worst with the exception of last year which was mediocre at best IIRC in which he also played with a high ankle sprain most of the season.

He does occasionally bounce too much but it’s extremely over exaggerated. He almost always has no room to run, if he doesn’t try to make a play he’ll lose yards anyways. If I heard right, 9 out of 15 run attempts against Pitt he was hit within .2 seconds of being handed the ball. He’s also had one of the shortest amounts of time from getting the ball to initial contact his entire career, what in the hell is he supposed to do?

zeke wouldn’t sniff Barkleys numbers running behind the same line Barkley has had.

aria

Reaction score
What would they be going for at age 25
Who cares, where did it get their teams? RB’s aren’t worth the price, especially in today’s league.

zeke had some nice runs yesterday but don’t act like a FB couldn’t have got the same yards in those short yard situations or a late round draft pick RB couldn’t have got the same yards with some of those wide open holes he had.

The Natural

Reaction score
Who cares, where did it get their teams? RB’s aren’t worth the price, especially in today’s league.

zeke had some nice runs yesterday but don’t act like a FB couldn’t have got the same yards in those short yard situations or a late round draft pick RB couldn’t have got the same yards with some of those wide open holes he had.
you didnt answer the question.

Rayman70

Reaction score
he's a good guy off the field too. I feel for the young man. We can debate all we want, about Zeke OR Saquan..but to me, he's a great player and this hurts the Giants badly. They run much of their offense thru him. They got next to nothing behind him. This is Dallas' division to lose. Will we seize the chance or will we piss it away to Philly again?

aria

Reaction score
He'd be quite enjoyable to watch with the Chiefs. He and Mahomes together would be lethal. I'd love him on the Cowboys, but I don't think we'd be able to get him, so the Chiefs would be fun to see Barkley with.
Competent coaching would definitely help him as well. You know it‘s bad when Garrett is considered a major upgrade over what he’s had.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
lol you see what Zeke was running behind yesterday?

Barkley is too finesse. He's a 230 pound finesse player. How he looks and how he plays don't go together.

If he would run behind he pads and stop looking to bounce every run he might have more yards.

Athlete: Barkley > Zeke

Runningback: Barkley < Zeke
Man got injured, tore up his ACL Catch.
Top three in this league just last season, so why a narrative or even an explanation of your opinion on his running style that was the reason, thats lame and your too good of a poster to place that narrative.
Same could happen to any player,, any RB, even Zeke.
McCarthy that also presides in the top three group was hurt as well yesterday, the medical hasnt come back yet as I post this, so I can not confirm his condition.
Lets all cross our fingers, do our prayers, stay healthy Zeke.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Competent coaching would definitely help him as well. You know it‘s bad when Garrett is considered a major upgrade over what he’s had.

That is true, and Garrett is an upgrade, but he's not in a good place atm with the Giants. I honestly hope for him that he gets to join Mahomes here in Kansas City (I live in Kansas City now but am still a massive Cowboys fan). He deserves that. He seems like a delightful young man, and I think Barkley deserves what Mahomes and Reid can do for him. I think he'd do well in Dallas, but we've got Zeke, so no need for him here.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Aye....I haven't lost my hope for this season but that Cardinals game isn't gonna be nearly as easy as those other ones.

Agreed, I'm thinking we'll probably lose that one, but we should be able to beat the SFO 49ers with how banged up they are would be a good substitute. I also think we have a shot with Pittsburgh. That's a home game. Yes their D is good, but I think we can handle them. It'll be a tough game, but I think that's how we get to 11-5.

dckid

Reaction score
Bad pick by the Giants.

Never made sense for that franchise and he was a luxury they couldn't afford.

At least with Dallas they had a foundation in place and you could validate picking a RB that high.

NYG was a trash team and had no business picking him.
Spot on... I think even at the time Bradly Chubb was the right pick. I don't remember the full draft.
Of course we can say Lamar, but he was never projected as a top 3. Yeah Darnold was the NYG other option.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Huh? AP has missed 35 games throughout his career to Zeke's 0.....that's durable?

And you are sitting here saying Gore and AP are in Zeke's class right now?

And I never said Barkley wasn't good. I'm telling you what you get with Zeke. He's durable.
And a great running back

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Agreed, I'm thinking we'll probably lose that one, but we should be able to beat the SFO 49ers with how banged up they are would be a good substitute. I also think we have a shot with Pittsburgh. That's a home game. Yes their D is good, but I think we can handle them. It'll be a tough game, but I think that's how we get to 11-5.
I mean we know they are going to win a game they aren't suppose too....maybe it comes this Sunday against the Seahawks?

Rayman70

Reaction score
Spot on... I think even at the time Bradly Chubb was the right pick. I don't remember the full draft.
Of course we can say Lamar, but he was never projected as a top 3. Yeah Darnold was the NYG other option.
Giants have no defense because of poor picks,agree.But how do ya pass on drafting Barkley? How can you fault them for that? lol...there are more rounds in the draft other than rounds 1 and 2 you know. The bigger issue with the gmen is what they do in the draft in the mid to late rounds. They are batting around .200. NOT VERY GOOD DRAFTING. You build teams in those mid to late rounds. That is really why they are bad. I got no issue with their early picks...ie Jones and Barkley. Hard to fault them for those picks.