Twitter: Sarcasm: Jaylon’s Still Got It

RoboQB

Reaction score
Right, so you don’t have a clip and neither do I, but you’re whining about me not showing Jaylon’s good play.

Regarding the supposed great play on 2nd and 4, the RB is lined up on the
opposite hash mark as Jaylon Smith. The RB bounces outside essentially
making this a sweep. Smith makes a tackle after a gain of 3 yards.

Not exactly a stellar play that should be highlighted. But hey, at least he didn't
bite on the flanker fake on this play. I guess that's an improvement... lol

Frankly, those defending Jaylon Smth at this point aren't doing so for
the purposes of football. It's clear that he's a liability.

Last edited:

Dre11

Reaction score
Right, so you don’t have a clip and neither do I, but you’re whining about me not showing Jaylon’s good play.

I have the clip and I'm sure you can post that clip with the time and down, but that doesn't help your agenda, I get it.

Cebrin

Reaction score
Exactly. When you look at the film you see LVE reads the guard and takes one step to his right before realizing the play is going to his left, he runs right past Jayless who (appears to be running in mud) before forcing the running back out of bounds. I'm going to be real disappointed if it's not LVE and Parsons week one. That half a million dollar number change is not working.
Not to mention incredibly disrespectful, and too early to wear. You can be a Romo hater, and still hate seeing that number on Jay.

Dre11

Reaction score
So you have the clip but won't post it.

I don't have the clip but you want me to produce it.

Shuddup.

obviously you can't read, as I said I don't know how to post the clip here. it's from the actually game, so it's not that I won't post it.
second you obviously have the ability to post it, but won't . as I said, you have an agenda or an inability to be balanced in your critique.

Dre11

Reaction score
Regarding the supposed great play on 2nd and 4, the RB is lined up on the
opposite hash mark as Jaylon Smith. The RB bounces outside essentially
making this a sweep. Smith makes a tackle after a gain of 3 yards.

Not exactly a stellar play that should be highlighted. But hey, at least he didn't
bite on the flanker fake on this play. I guess that's an improvement... lol

Frankly, those defending Jaylon Smth at this point aren't doing so for
the purposes of football. It's clear that he's a liability.

lol right on q to downplay it, he made the play while fighting through trash laterally to get there to stop the runner short of the first.

jrumann59

Reaction score
RB runs a 4.55, BTW.
Ok the RB is pretty much already at max speed Smith is more or less stationary knowing angles unless Jaylon is significantly faster his best angle is where LVE comes into the picture at the end. While I agree Smith is bad that play design looks like he had one primary assignment make sure the RB keeps going wide to the side line.

Verdict

Reaction score
1. Neal didn’t suck at safety.

2. None of what you said disproves that Neal is a better player than Jaylon.

Jaylon is a liability. For every play he makes, he has several plays where he takes bad angles, misreads the play, avoids contact, doesn’t shed a block, and allows big plays or for RB’s to gain more yards than they should.

Being a competent LB isn’t just about splash plays. It’s also about consistently down in and down out making the routine plays that limit the offenses ability to gain chunk yardage and also forces the offense into 2nd and 3rd and long situations.

Jaylon cannot be trusted to make the routine plays that a defense needs in order to regularly put themselves in a position to get off the field.

enough is enough already.

he wouldn’t even be on the team if it wasn’t for the horrible contract. He would have been cut already.
Jaylon’s change of direction ability (in this case the lack thereof) is a severe liability at any position, but it is not something you can hide at the second level of the defense.

Either his recognition sucks, or he simply can’t change direction. If it’s that latter, he’s in trouble unless they can carve out a niche as a straight line rusher.

RoboQB

Reaction score
lol right on q to downplay it, he made the play while fighting through trash laterally to get there to stop the runner short of the first.

That's what he's supposed to do. Paid to do.
Damn, are we expected to praise a player making the most basic play?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Only thing jaylon has is pictures of Jerry doing some gangster **** he doesn't want anyone to see.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's what he's supposed to do. Paid to do.
Damn, are we expected to praise a player making the most basic play?
Yep. It's what I said about players injury rehab.

"oh he's super dedicated".

Um....what else do you expect him to do? He's got it easy. The rest of us have to co-pay (or worse), take time off work, find dr and pt that aren't idiots. Etc.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
obviously you can't read, as I said I don't know how to post the clip here. it's from the actually game, so it's not that I won't post it.
second you obviously have the ability to post it, but won't . as I said, you have an agenda or an inability to be balanced in your critique.

Do you really think every tweet posted on this forum is from the actual content creator?

The clip I posted was off Twitter, smh.