Twitter: Sarcasm: Jaylon already making an impact

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
It's just sad.

Nobody worked harder going through painful rehabilitation to get back on the field. In the end, it was a tease of what he could have been without the injury. I just can't be entertained by his misfortune.

Nobody's being 'entertained' by it and most of us arent taking any schadenfreude from it. But if he'd shown some humility and acceptance that his performance wasnt up to standard we'd commiserate with him, but he maintained the facade that he was still an elite performer and these videos just confirm that our (harsh, but fair) decision was correct.

Cmac

Reaction score
Nobody's being 'entertained' by it and most of us arent taking any schadenfreude from it. But if he'd shown some humility and acceptance that his performance wasnt up to standard we'd commiserate with him, but he maintained the facade that he was still an elite performer and these videos just confirm that our (harsh, but fair) decision was correct.
.....now can we see LVE's play, since you mention fair?

plasticman

Reaction score
I'm not criticizing his release, it had to be done.

Obviously, there are posters who enjoy talking about his demise, this thread, case in point. It was meant to entertain so I disagree with your first statement.

Confidence is an absolute necessity for a professional athlete. What makes Jaylon's case so difficult to witness is that he seems to be in denial. It's not deliberate deception. He probably has forced himself to believe that all will be well. When he faces reality, and it's sure to be soon, he will need a lot of support from people that care about him the most, i.e., family and close friends. His brother played for the Cowboys, RB Rod Smith, and his career is over so maybe he can help Jaylon when the time comes.

Jaylon isn't the first Cowboy to have his career ended prematurely. We all know about C Travis Frederick. The Cowboys drafted the son of NFL icon Billy Cannon. He broke his neck in his first regular season game and that was the end of his career.

The difference with Jaylon is the number of Cowboy fans that show real animosity towards him simply because he could not fully recover from his injury.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score

Obviously, there are posters who enjoy talking about his demise, this thread, case in point. It was meant to entertain so I disagree with your first statement.

Confidence is an absolute necessity for a professional athlete. What makes Jaylon's case so difficult to witness is that he seems to be in denial. It's not deliberate deception. He probably has forced himself to believe that all will be well. When he faces reality, and it's sure to be soon, he will need a lot of support from people that care about him the most, i.e., family and close friends. His brother played for the Cowboys, RB Rod Smith, and his career is over so maybe he can help Jaylon when the time comes.

Jaylon isn't the first Cowboy to have his career ended prematurely. We all know about C Travis Frederick. The Cowboys drafted the son of NFL icon Billy Cannon. He broke his neck in his first regular season game and that was the end of his career.

The difference with Jaylon is the number of Cowboy fans that show real animosity towards him simply because he could not fully recover from his injury.

I don't understand the hate for him. I understand he didn't play up to expectations, but it's hard to play in the NFL. Most people can't do it. I have no problem at all with Jaylon Smith as a human being. In fact, he seems like a good guy with a great attitude. I personally would like to see him prosper on some team, whether it's in the NFL or some other league like the CFL. I don't hate him just because he didn't become an elite linebacker for us.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Sad how far he is fallen. He looks completely lost and unconfident out there.

Easyout66

Reaction score
I think if he wasn't blatantly avoiding contact and showboating over tackles he didn't make I think the posters in question would show a little more understanding of this clowns situation

kskboys

Reaction score

For the life of me I don't understand the unreasonable hate leveled at him. Gradeschool stuff.

kskboys

Reaction score
I think if he wasn't blatantly avoiding contact and showboating over tackles he didn't make I think the posters in question would show a little more understanding of this clowns situation
He's not. He lacks the burst and lateral agility to make tackles. Due to his injury. It's really obvious if you take that into account.

Wezsh0T

Reaction score
I guess I am still totally at a loss for how this guy seems to lack basic (like highschool level) gap discipline. All he has to do is scrape down the line slightly behind the RB's current path and he is right there for that tackle. I understand that the knee injury may have robbed him of quite a bit of his bend and athletic ability, but he seems to lack basic instinct. He would commonly actually loop around an offensive lineman and directly take himself out of a play over and over. It shows up in this video too on the second play. I am kind of shocked he reached this level (and a pro bowl!) without any sense of how to play the LB position.
But he didn't look like this when he started playing. Was it because Sean Lee was helping him?