Sarcasm: Tony Romo is Done!

Big D

Reaction score
While Romo is beginning to look better and more like his 'old self' the fact remains that this is the beginning of the end for him. If the coaches are paying attention they'll run it more to protect him because once he's done so is our season.

silver

Reaction score
Today he was back in the saddle. He got his rhythm back. You could see in the 3rd and 4th Q after he broke a sweat that we got good ol Romo back. He was scrambling and extending plays like in the past. Me thinks he knock some of the rust off today.

Cebrin

Reaction score
Another great "Team" win. Romo played much like his old self. Still saw some wincing but, really glad to see spirals, tight passes, good location with the ball and better judgement (minus int). He played 60 minutes at an elite level. Didn't see his play drop off like we've been seeing. Good timing for this because, next up is Saints, Texans and @ Seahawks. You won't come back 21 down in those games.

Jenky

Reaction score
Ok slow down there and take the blinders off. Are you his agent's intern?

You did see a pick 6 because DBs are sitting on shallow routes knowing he can't throw deep balls

The deep ball to DEZ was barely 55 yards in the air and died. DEZ came to a complete stop to catch it. If any guy is near him, the ball is at the very least knocked away. I would put Romo's deep ball at 45 at a decent rate of velocity.

Be real.

Usually, when a receiver is this open the QB's primary job is to get the ball to him. Qbs don't take the chance of overthrowing by trying to lead the receiver. I've seen it numerous games.

rpntex

Reaction score
Without Carter's pick 6 we lose this game...

That's merely an assumption. Without Carter's pick six, most likely Dallas continues with the same game plan as had been working since midway through the second quarter. Once Carter intercepted that pass, the Cowboys took the air out of the ball and tried to run more. Without the interception, it's still only a one score lead and I think you see Dallas still doing what they did earlier, and not being so conservative. There's a good chance they drive right back down and score again. The Rams hadn't stopped them the entire second half.

Aliencowboy

Reaction score

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
I've been critical of Romo this season due to the slow starts, but it's undeniable that he's always looked better in the second half of games. Now the reason is debatable but it's very encouraging.

Can't wait to go into the barbershop Thursday and see what they have to say about Romo.

Aliencowboy

Reaction score
I mean Dez was wide open and he hit him in the numbers...he didnt need to risk hitting him in stride or leading him. Good safe throw on the money. I dunno...

To be clear, hitting him in the numbers means you put the ball on him in his chest while he is running forward. The received doesn't have to reach/extend ahead of himself and or run under it. If your receiver stops flat footed and turns horizontal to face the QB, that's an under thrown ball. The latter is what you see today

Aliencowboy

Reaction score
couldn't have said it better myself... but they will ignore this and keep arguing...
iStock_000014644345XSmall-glass-half-full.jpg

I have consistently bashed Romo and Demarco for 3 weeks. 2-1 because we've played the Titans and Rams. What's their combined record? Try to say it better

Jenky

Reaction score
To be clear, hitting him in the numbers means you put the ball on him in his chest while he is running forward. The received doesn't have to reach/extend ahead of himself and or run under it. If your receiver stops flat footed and turns horizontal to face the QB, that's an under thrown ball. The latter is what you see today

Eh, no disrespect again, but I've heard that term "hitting him on the numbers" being applied to WRs/TEs who run button hooks, come backs, etc. It means exactly what it means. The ball is delivered to their chest as their shoulders are squared up to the LOS.

Aliencowboy

Reaction score
Eh, no disrespect again, but I've heard that term "hitting him on the numbers" being applied to WRs/TEs who run button hooks, come backs, etc. It means exactly what it means. The ball is delivered to their chest as their shoulders are squared up to the LOS.

Eh...was DEZ running a 50 yard button hook or come back? JA

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score

thats leading the receiver. not "hitting him in the numbers".

Jenky

Reaction score
Eh...was DEZ running a 50 yard button hook or come back? JA

Nope, but Tony did the safest thing to ensure the completion. When guys are beat by 20-30 yards, all you have to do is get the receiver the ball. A drop or an overthrow would be outright embarrassing.

Aliencowboy

Reaction score
thats leading the receiver. not "hitting him in the numbers".

Put it in his chest/hit him in the numbers is not leading him. Lesser receivers are treated this way because they don't have the hands.
Leading means he has to catch up to the ball, reach or get under it. Did you play?

Luther

I am who they thought I was!
Reaction score
Put it in his chest/hit him in the numbers is not leading him. Lesser receivers are treated this way because they don't have the hands.
Leading means he has to catch up to the ball, reach or get under it. Did you play?

That pass was perfect for that situation. The margin for error was minimized.

Is Romo back to full speed yet? No, but he's still better than the majority of NFL starting qbs.

The whining is tiresome.