Sarcasm: Tony Romo is Done!

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
We kept getitng into those situations because Romo audilbled into them and they were draw plays (delay draw plays not sprint draws).

After the INT we had 2 passes for 9 and 8 yards....then Murray had 3 carries in a row for 39 yards which moved the ball into Rams territory. Then we went incomplete to Witten and had a wide open Beasley in which Romo underthrew the ball and got bailed out by a PI that put the ball to the 1-yard line and we punched it in.

In the 3rd quarter, we started off with 2 runs, then hit the play action to Dez.

And we were still down by 4-points. And we ended up running the ball 14 times to 8 pass attempts.

So, we ended up throwing the ball 36.3% of the time when we we scored a TD in the 3rd quarter to go down by 4 (on the road).

They simply relied on the running game to get the team back in the game and to open up things more for Romo because him throwing on 1st and 2nd down with shotgun and empty backfield formations wasn't working effectively. When we started to use more Romo under center and made it less obvious we were going to throw the ball (and stopped throwing the ball so often)....the offense moved the ball more effectively.

YR

I dunno Rich, he's at the line we're not so it's hard to know what he audibled to and what worked or not - I don't think you can accurately draw a conclusion to it but I absolutely agree that we kind of reverted back to too much messing around pre-snap. It really spiked today compared to the first two games.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
We kept getitng into those situations because Romo audilbled into them and they were draw plays (delay draw plays not sprint draws).

After the INT we had 2 passes for 9 and 8 yards....then Murray had 3 carries in a row for 39 yards which moved the ball into Rams territory. Then we went incomplete to Witten and had a wide open Beasley in which Romo underthrew the ball and got bailed out by a PI that put the ball to the 1-yard line and we punched it in.

In the 3rd quarter, we started off with 2 runs, then hit the play action to Dez.

And we were still down by 4-points. And we ended up running the ball 14 times to 8 pass attempts.

So, we ended up throwing the ball 36.3% of the time when we we scored a TD in the 3rd quarter to go down by 4 (on the road).

They simply relied on the running game to get the team back in the game and to open up things more for Romo because him throwing on 1st and 2nd down with shotgun and empty backfield formations wasn't working effectively. When we started to use more Romo under center and made it less obvious we were going to throw the ball (and stopped throwing the ball so often)....the offense moved the ball more effectively.

YR

You say it so better than I YR, props...:hammer:

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I dunno Rich, he's at the line we're not so it's hard to know what he audibled to and what worked or not - I don't think you can accurately draw a conclusion to it but I absolutely agree that we kind of reverted back to too much messing around pre-snap. It really spiked today compared to the first two games.

There's a reason why we had only 1 offensive penalty when Orton QB'd against the Eagles (and that 1 penalty was bogus due to them not re-setting the play clock).

The 3rd and 1 play really aggravated me. That's just either:

1. Terrible understanding of the situation

2. Neglect

That followed by the TO we wasted....it's just something that good teams take advantage of and close us out.

YR

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
I stopped right here. You have no idea what was audibled. You can try to convince yourself you do but you're only trying to support your agenda with facts that you make up.

I thought you hung up your anti-Romo agenda years ago but I suppose you're just a fair weather fan trying to disguise it in "analysis".

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
LOL. I made the mistake of actually trying to read the rest of the post and saw the bit about under throwing Beasley. That was about as perfect a throw as one can make in the scenario.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I stopped right here. You have no idea what was audibled. You can try to convince yourself you do but you're only trying to support your agenda with facts that you make up.

I thought you hung up your anti-Romo agenda years ago but I suppose you're just a fair weather fan trying to disguise it in "analysis".

LOL!!! Weak sauce... Romo needs to be managed or he gets pass happy and does too much often blowing the game. Agenda? We are ALL fans here just some are in less denial... Wade Wilson should be tar'd and feathered, why he gets a pass blows my mind...

Aliencowboy

Reaction score
Can take hits in the pocket

Cant throw while getting hit

Cant roll out of the pocket

Passes have no zip

Cant run for first downs

Cant read the field and find the open man for a TD

He needs to retire

He's DONE!

*note* the above is for all the tony doubters....enjoy your crow!

Ok slow down there and take the blinders off. Are you his agent's intern?

You did see a pick 6 because DBs are sitting on shallow routes knowing he can't throw deep balls

The deep ball to DEZ was barely 55 yards in the air and died. DEZ came to a complete stop to catch it. If any guy is near him, the ball is at the very least knocked away. I would put Romo's deep ball at 45 at a decent rate of velocity.

Be real.

Carolina Cowboy

Reaction score
Can take hits in the pocket

Cant throw while getting hit

Cant roll out of the pocket

Passes have no zip

Cant run for first downs

Cant read the field and find the open man for a TD

He needs to retire

He's DONE!

*note* the above is for all the tony doubters....enjoy your crow!

Dude, I'm a Romo fan. Again, I LOVE ROMO!!! --- and have since he was #3. I have no doubt about his skills, desire, heart, attitude, etc. The only thing I worry about is his damn back. I have similar issues he is dealing with and every day is a "you just never know". Hell all I do is sit at a desk all day. He has grown men that weigh what my desk weighs trying to kill him on every snap. That run he made for a first down late in the 4th looked like he had a cinder block tied to him. I hope that this is just part of the rehabilitation process and he'll get there. Regardless, he did it again and all of the "doubters" will have to wait another week to proclaim him "done".

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Reality check. We started running more often when the run started working.

Murray, before Romo's pick
5 carries, 3 yards

Next play after the pick, Murray loses 2 yards. He had 6 carries for 1 yard at that point.

The next two plays are Romo-to-Beasley for 9, and Romo-to Witten for 8 and a first down. After that, Murray had 18 carries for 99 yards

Predictably, the run success fed off the pass success, and vice-versa.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Ok slow down there and take the blinders off. Are you his agent's intern?

You did see a pick 6 because DBs are sitting on shallow routes knowing he can't throw deep balls

The deep ball to DEZ was barely 55 yards in the air and died. DEZ came to a complete stop to catch it. If any guy is near him, the ball is at the very least knocked away. I would put Romo's deep ball at 45 at a decent rate of velocity.

Be real.

That and he threw it across the field..

Dead on in regards to deep ball. Dez and Twill always have to stop and wait for it...

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
Dude, I'm a Romo fan. Again, I LOVE ROMO!!! --- and have since he was #3..... That run he made for a first down late in the 4th looked like he had a cinder block tied to him.

if youve loved him so much, youd know that he's ALWAYS run with a cinder block tied to him. lol...back when he was young with no back problems he barely managed better than a 5.1 Forty. Thats SLOW in nfl terms, period.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Reality check. We started running more often when the run started working.

Murray, before Romo's pick
5 carries, 3 yards

Next play after the pick, Murray loses 2 yards. He had 6 carries for 1 yard at that point.

The next two plays are Romo-to-Beasley for 9, and Romo-to Witten for 8 and a first down. After that, Murray had 18 carries for 99 yards

Predictably, the run success fed off the pass success, and vice-versa.

Yes, we had problems when Romo audibled into draw plays and started using too much shotgun.

It really comes down to this....

Romo did play a critical role in the victory. But he also played a critical role in the 21 point deficit. You're not going to win many games when you're down by 21 points...especially on the road.

The point of my 1st post was the original post inferring that any concerns of criticisms of Romo's play are unfounded and that we had some serious issues today with the QB play and his audibling.

We are simply not a team that is going to win many games if Romo throws it 40+ times a game. He's not good enough to win shootouts consistently and the defense can't handle being on the field for too long.

Romo/Garrett/Linehan have to recognize that and have to manage the game for both the offense and the defense. They seemed to forget that on the first 3 drives and after that the offense was more balanced...but Romo still created problems with too much audibling.

If this team wants to win...they need to have the plays called more like the 90's Cowboys....run the ball with Murray and then when the defense starts creeping up too much to protect against the run, we throw over the top. Don't lose sight of running the ball even if it's not working because we still need to keep the defense off the field as much as we can.

YR

tyke1doe

Reaction score
It's funny how every game, it's either bash Romo or praise Romo. It's either posters saying, "See, I told you Romo is a great quarterback" or "See, I told you Romo is a mistake waiting to happen."

When are we going to realize that both are true. Fortunately, this team (maybe the coaching staff) is finally realizing that we need to run the ball and embrace a run-oriented offense. This is going to make Romo better, and we're going to have more outings like this one and the one last week. We still have a lot of games to play, but we're 2-1. I'll take it. :)

crashintonickdm

Reaction score
if the ball was so badly thrown, then why was beasley mauled? oh, thats right, so the pass wasn't caught for a touchdown.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Romo is now responsible for the rushing game gaining all of 1 yard on 6 carries.

Someone honestly just tried to make that argument.

Next up, Romo responsible for global warming and Ebola. News at 11.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
It's funny how every game, it's either bash Romo or praise Romo. It's either posters saying, "See, I told you Romo is a great quarterback" or "See, I told you Romo is a mistake waiting to happen."

When are we going to realize that both are true. Fortunately, this team (maybe the coaching staff) is finally realizing that we need to run the ball and embrace a run-oriented offense. This is going to make Romo better, and we're going to have more outings like this one and the one last week. We still have a lot of games to play, but we're 2-1. I'll take it. :)

couldn't have said it better myself... but they will ignore this and keep arguing...
iStock_000014644345XSmall-glass-half-full.jpg

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Romo is now responsible for the rushing game gaining all of 1 yard on 6 carries.

Someone honestly just tried to make that argument.

Next up, Romo responsible for global warming and Ebola. News at 11.

:laugh: