Recommended Sat Next to David Irving on Flight

ShortRound

Reaction score
Never knew he hated football. Good luck to him, I hope he doesn’t regret his choice.

Thanks OP cool post.

Hardline

Reaction score
today from LAX to DFW. Flew out to watch the Spence vs Mikey fight. David is a social butterfly. Literally talked to him the entire flight. I wanted to pick his brain. Here are some of the things we discussed:

*David Irving says he sold drugs as a teen and it continued while in college and made a lot of money.

* he mentioned multiple times that he’s going to the “after parties” after the fight. but didn’t seem to care about the fight itself.

* he’d spend the offseasons in Mexico (Monterrey)because apparently the NFL cannot drug test you if you’re out of the country.

*He hates football and never liked playing it but his parents would make him because he was great at it. His dad was a marine and coached him hard. But David said multiple times he hated playing football.

* he’s been addicted to Xanax multiple times and weed helped him get off.

* he said he’s been depressed for 2 years and since quitting football he’s the happiest he’s ever been.

* he owns 5 cars but doesn’t own a house. He said he has to sell off some of his cars.

* He said Jerry Jones always showed him love and really tried to help him out. Didn’t like Garrett and said he’s like a Boy Scout leader.

* as soon as we landed he called his ride and asked him if he had “his blunts”. I am not joking.

In closing he’s such a bright guy. Very intellectual, intelligent. I told him the 2016 game@ GB was one of the greatest games I’ve ever seen a DL play. He appreciated it reiterated that he didn’t really like playing it at all. I ended telling him that I do respect you for walking away from something if you don’t love it, do what makes you happy.

Just thought I’d share.
Can you prove you actually had this conversation?

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
Honestly he acted like a guy who didn't want to play. He milked injuries and took risks with drugs. He chose that life over football and his team which means that his teammates weren't important to him. I agree with JG and every word he said to him. The team doesn't need him with that attitude, go and smoke weed everyday and make yourself happy. He wasn't doing anything to help the team in the long run anyway.

Jipper

Reaction score
Honestly he acted like a guy who didn't want to play. He milked injuries and took risks with drugs. He chose that life over football and his team which means that his teammates weren't important to him. I agree with JG and every word he said to him. The team doesn't need him with that attitude, go and smoke weed everyday and make yourself happy. He wasn't doing anything to help the team in the long run anyway.

yup agreed...there are plenty of things out there that I hate doing but would gladly do for 10 million a year

baltcowboy

Reaction score
today from LAX to DFW. Flew out to watch the Spence vs Mikey fight. David is a social butterfly. Literally talked to him the entire flight. I wanted to pick his brain. Here are some of the things we discussed:

*David Irving says he sold drugs as a teen and it continued while in college and made a lot of money.

* he mentioned multiple times that he’s going to the “after parties” after the fight. but didn’t seem to care about the fight itself.

* he’d spend the offseasons in Mexico (Monterrey)because apparently the NFL cannot drug test you if you’re out of the country.

*He hates football and never liked playing it but his parents would make him because he was great at it. His dad was a marine and coached him hard. But David said multiple times he hated playing football.

* he said he’s been depressed for 2 years and since quitting football he’s the happiest he’s ever been.

* he owns 5 cars but doesn’t own a house. He said he has to sell off some of his cars.

* He said Jerry Jones always showed him love and really tried to help him out. Didn’t like Garrett and said he’s like a Boy Scout leader.

* as soon as we landed he called his ride and asked him if he had “his blunts”. I am not joking.

In closing he’s such a bright guy. Very intellectual, intelligent. I told him the 2016 game@ GB was one of the greatest games I’ve ever seen a DL play. He appreciated it reiterated that he didn’t really like playing it at all. I ended telling him that I do respect you for walking away from something if you don’t love it, do what makes you happy.

Just thought I’d share.
Comparing Garrett to a boy scout leader is creepy. Football is a tough sport. These guys go through a lot.

stiletto

Reaction score
To each their own. Problem is, his money will eventually run out and he will have to make more somehow... If that is doing something illegal, he will eventually reap the consequences.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score

Just thought I’d share.

Great insight and understand better now, but number 8 is a disrespect to Boy Scout leaders all over the United States.

Creeper

Reaction score
I am sure he doesn't like football now. He could be rationalizing. But I still predict he will regret his decisions when he is in his 40s and is struggling to make ends meet.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
I wonder what his next job going to be. He probably was in LA to start or invest in a weed shop.