Saturday NFL Games Thread

Jayinem

Reaction score
If Jags lose, Houston hosts the Browns.
If Jags win, I'm not sure if Texans would be #6 or #7, they'd go to Miami, Buffalo, or Kansas City.

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
Isnt this the 3rd season in a row when they Colts had a WIN and IN game in the final game of the season and failed?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Bigger concern iis their trading of the pick to get him
They traded the farm and had they held on to the pick they would have the first overall selection and a shot a better QB than they one they rolled the dice on. Aikman just said during the broadcast that when you draft a QB you want to feel after their first year that you have your franchise QB. The Texans certainly feel they do but no way can the Panthers feel like Bryce Young is the answer. They have to feel sick.

Jayinem

Reaction score
I think anyone would fail in Carolina right now, even Stroud. Not saying Stroud isn't better than Young, he is clearly, but I don't think you can call Young a bust. Carolina beat Houston, one of their only victories of the season.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
They traded the farm and had they held on to the pick they would have the first overall selection and a shot a better QB than they one they rolled the dice on. Aikman just said during the broadcast that when you draft a QB you want to feel after their first year that you have your franchise QB. The Texans certainly feel they do but no way can the Panthers feel like Bryce Young is the answer. They have to feel sick.
No worries. Tepper will just fire a few more people for a mistake he pushed on people who know more about football than he ever will.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I think anyone would fail in Carolina right now, even Stroud. Not saying Stroud isn't better than Young, he is clearly, but I don't think you can call Young a bust. Carolina went into Houston and beat Houston, one of their only victories of the season.
The game was in Carolina, but yes the Panthers won. Not sure how, though.

John813

Reaction score
And have to watch the Bears take the #1 pick that should have been yours this year.

And it's a draft with two potential franchise non midget QBs.

Just a piss poor trade with no short upside. Young could "bounce back" but they gave the farm away with not much return to date

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
One step further is you draft a potential franchemise QB you have to build around them which is kind of a hard thing to do without draft picks... Makes it incredible to see what the Rams are doing

Jayinem

Reaction score
The game was in Carolina, but yes the Panthers won. Not sure how, though.
I had just noticed that and tried to correct it at the same time you posted, you're right.

Stroud had a bad game on the road as a rookie, it happens. Young wasn't fantastic but outplayed him.

Motorola

Reaction score
******. They are gonna sneak in.
Not a "sneak in".
Jacksonville was the favorite to repeat as AFC South Champions.
Texans (and the Colts) had dismal 4-win seasons that was the result of FO ineptitude + substandard coaching.
Yet both teams went into the final game tied for the division lead with the Jaguars.
Houston was 3-4 at the end of October- but went 6-3 down the stretch so that their season finale - on the road - was an opportunity to get a postseason berth.