Saturday NFL Games Thread

Mcsports

Reaction score
Another example of poor officiating. On fourth and one play Houston right defensive end has hand on the ground beyond the imaginary line of
Scrimmage .
If I could figure out how to post a screen shot I would (if that is allowed. I’m not certain).

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
Another example of poor officiating. On fourth and one play Houston right defensive end has hand on the ground beyond the imaginary line of
Scrimmage .
If I could figure out how to post a screen shot I would (if that is allowed. I’m not certain).
No way you will ever get an angle straight down the line ro confirm it. The TV angles can be deceptive.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Not a "sneak in".
Jacksonville was the favorite to repeat as AFC South Champions.
Texans (and the Colts) had dismal 4-win seasons that was the result of FO ineptitude + substandard coaching.
Yet both teams went into the final game tied for the division lead with the Jaguars.
Houston was 3-4 at the end of October- but went 6-3 down the stretch so that their season finale - on the road - was an opportunity to get a postseason berth.
I’m not going to argue semantics on what is or isn’t sneaking in. It’s just a phrase.

Mcsports

Reaction score
No way you will ever get an angle straight down the line ro confirm it. The TV angles can be deceptive.

True but in this case the
Camera is right down the line, plus the line of scrimmage was the 15 and his hand extends clearly over the line painted on the field.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
Scrimmage .
i saw the same thing and wondered if the zebras would see it. His hand was even with the middle of the ball.

Motorola

Reaction score
Isnt this the 3rd season in a row when they Colts had a WIN and IN game in the final game of the season and failed?
No.
2022___Indianapolis went 3-13-1...the second worst record in the AFC last season. (Houston was 4-12-1.)

_sturt_

Reaction score
Scrimmage .
Yep. Here 'tis.

2024-01-06_22-49-45.thumb.png.f7a68cc425b5390bc4f870c5bed9a990.png

Motorola

Reaction score
Colts didnt deserve to win this game, too many punts and FG's. How can you be scared to go for it on 4th down in a playoff game?
Colts should have went for the 1st down in the 2nd qtr with 4th & 5 on the Texans 34.
Then again in the 4th qtr___IND @ HOU 16, 4th and 3.

Motorola

Reaction score
Isnt this the 3rd season in a row when they Colts had a WIN and IN game in the final game of the season and failed?
My post --- #468 --- to your question was incorrect.
The Colts had a record of 4-12-1, the Texans had a record of 3-13-1.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
After his long and mostly successful tenure in Pittsburgh, Mike Tomlin would retire from the NFL, rather than take a backseat as a DC.
If the Steelers do decide it's time to part ways - he will immediately be contacted by the Chargers, Panthers, and Commanders.
There's no way he'd coach in Carolina or LA with those owners after his experience in Pittsburgh. Washington under this new ownership, maybe.

Flamma

Reaction score
A "phrase" you shouldn’t use to describe what the Texans accomplished this season.
A phrase I think perfectly describes the Texans. A team with no expectations just barely getting in the last game of the season. Sounds like sneaking in to me.

Motorola

Reaction score
Meet your first $65-70M QB....and I'm not sure he has more than 1 player at skill positions who would start for another team.

Don't forget - he missed two games due to injury (weeks 14 and 15 for concussion).
Hands down Stroud is chosen for the award.

Motorola

Reaction score
Scrimmage .
this particular instance was a no doubter.
Yep. Here 'tis.

2024-01-06_22-49-45.thumb.png.f7a68cc425b5390bc4f870c5bed9a990.png
I agree... and earlier in the 3rd qtr the DE got into his stance at least once with his hand even with the ball.