Saturday Wildcard Round Game Thread

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I don’t mind the Bills winning it all though. I would have loved to see Rivers, but can’t hate.

Why? He's a noodle arm loser QB when it matters. That last drive was embarrassing. How many easy passes he missed and points left on the field. He hasn't won much in the playoffs in his 2 decade career for a reason. Today summed up his career. Looks good when it's all going great but when his teams needs him, he folds. That final drive was embarrassing, especially after they got handed a gift from an obvious fumble to end the game. His arm motion was on par with Ben DiNucci. Bad.

Alweezy

Reaction score
The right call is the right call. The WR screwed up should have had to pay for it.
Def agree.. I think the refs didn't want to make the call. Sucks that it went down that way, but the right team ended up winning in the end with or without the refs. It shows that you got to be more than good to win in the playoffs because the refs will make business decisions when plays are clearly in front of you.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
What obvious mistake was there? The guy was up before getting touched. It was close, but every camera angle showed that he wasn't down by contact.

There no clear image of when exactly the defenders hand touched his back where you can also see the knee down. It has to be OBVIOUS. That was not obvious. I think it should have been a fumble. But that is not what instant replay is designed to fix. It is designed to fix blatant errors. That was not blatant.

Motorola

Reaction score
NFL Ironman Phillip Rivers.
NEVER MISSED A GAME- NEVER MISSED A START.
Even though you didn't become an NFL Champion -
You are an NFL legend.
Transition to your next career as an Alabama HS Coach---
ain't gonna bet you will not succeed just like your daddy

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
NFL Ironman Phillip Rivers.
NEVER MISSED A GAME- NEVER MISSED A START.
Even though you didn't become an NFL Champion -
You are an NFL legend.
Transition to your next career as an Alabama HS Coach---
ain't gonna bet you will not succeed just like your daddy
Yawns, never been impressed with him. Modern day Vinny Testeverde. Never good enough.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You know what...I appreciate that if it played a part. Win it on the field. The Bills did. Congrats to them. It was a bang bang play and literally hundredths or even thousandths of a second difference. Too close to change.

The officiating crew chose to stay with the call on the field. It was close, however had it not been a playoff game with the game on the line I think they would have reversed the call on the field. It looked to me and everyone in the booth like the receivers knee had lifted off the turf just prior to them being touched. It simply wasn’t conclusive enough.

Jack Burton

It's all in the reflexes.
Reaction score
There no clear image of when exactly the defenders hand touched his back where you can also see the knee down. It has to be OBVIOUS. That was not obvious. I think it should have been a fumble. But that is not what instant replay is designed to fix. It is designed to fix blatant errors. That was not blatant.
I think the cameras showed that he wasn't touched. The refs agreed with you. Thanks for the clarification on your statement.

Motorola

Reaction score
Bills got themselves a nicely coached team. Good for them.
Colts played really well on D; Allen and the Bills should realize their cakewalk run to the AFC title will not be easy.
1st game of NFL 2020 Playoffs - GREAT

Reactions: CWR

Vanilla2

Reaction score
I don’t see the rams winning this but hopefully I’m surprised.

on a side note. You think rams fans will care about that weird white as much as we cared about our sea foam?

Swagger

Reaction score
The officiating crew chose to stay with the call on the field. It was close, however had it not been a playoff game with the game on the line I think they would have reversed the call on the field. It looked to me and everyone in the booth like the receivers knee had lifted off the turf just prior to them being touched. It simply wasn’t conclusive enough.
It was clear in the pictures. Some people need an eye test!

It was close but the knee was up and not making contact with the ground before the hand made contact with his jersey. It was pieced together in super slow motion for the avoidance of any doubt. The commentators who were impartial had it that way as well. The ball was stripped before he went down again and there was a clear recovery by the Bills. A fantastic defensive play but the officials bottled it. Thankfully the Bills didn't get screwed over by the decision.

Unless there was another angle that clearly showed the knee was still down then I hold my hands up but from the three different angles shown the knee was up above the ground before contact was made to him with the hand. They bottled it and wanted a grandstand finish.