Saturday XFL thread

817Gill

Reaction score
This is fun, plus the sky judge element is such an
obvious adjustment the NFL should make

bewp7

Reaction score
i thought it would be a joke but this is not bad at all. they have some really good ideas and interesting ideas that the nfl is going to steal.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If the league picks up any steam and begins generating revenue the paydays could get interesting, and legit NFL talent could be drawn to play in the XFL. It's a pipe dream but not unimaginable.

The USFL did it for a few years but as a Spring League I don't see the XFL challenging the NFL for players.

As with the AAF, some fringe players might turn down signing with an NFL team at the beginning of the year in order to play in the XFL and then sign with an NFL team before training camp.

QB is probably the position to watch. If the XFL gets a Colt McCoy type then they're making progress...

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Wow, what a smack. This hitting is great.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
That was funny,the ball had to be snapped as soon as the whistle blew putting the ball in play,
and the center did not snap it, he was not aware the clock would start.
I dont think the coach knew, and his team didnt.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
This is much more entertaining than I thought it was going to be. Hoping the ratings stay solid the whole year.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I heard on Sirius ESPN radio a national talking head said he was going to have to look up the meaning of roughneck. I changed the channel.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I missed the first game, but have been watching some of this houston game.
The main thing I dont like is the uniforms, like the one last year there is no continuity, and it is like each team
just makes a uniform they like, so to me it sort of looks like watching HS teams or college teams play.

They should have used the older nfl style and all been the same with different colors.
Also the fonts for number should be standard, not these pointy fonts.

Then the helmets should have the logo not the team name. and they should be simple and clear.
Like in this game houston has the derrick like the oilers, but it is too artsy and is hard to see clearly.
LA just has LA and mixed colors so from a distance you cant tell what is on the helmet.

If they did the uniforms better this could be a lot better than it is.
As far as the play goes, it is ok, but you have to be able to like a team, and part of that is the uniforms.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I missed the first game, but have been watching some of this houston game.
The main thing I dont like is the uniforms, like the one last year there is no continuity, and it is like each team
just makes a uniform they like, so to me it sort of looks like watching HS teams or college teams play.

They should have used the older nfl style and all been the same with different colors.
Also the fonts for number should be standard, not these pointy fonts.

Then the helmets should have the logo not the team name. and they should be simple and clear.
Like in this game houston has the derrick like the oilers, but it is too artsy and is hard to see clearly.
LA just has LA and mixed colors so from a distance you cant tell what is on the helmet.

If they did the uniforms better this could be a lot better than it is.
As far as the play goes, it is ok, but you have to be able to like a team, and part of that is the uniforms.
I felt like I was watching Grump ole Men reading this.