Say it aint so Troy!

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
For the lasst couple of years Brett Favre looked so bad the team and the rest of the NFL was practically begging him to retire...well this year at a well advanced age....he did something he has never done....he threw for 300 yards 3 straight games in a row....you would think he has done that before, but he has not..and the last thing you would expect is for him to do that at his age. Lastly, Tony Romo, and an undrafted player in his first season as a starter, is about to throw for more 300 yard passing games this year than Troy did in 13 seasons. let that sink in people and you tell me if the NFL is watered down.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
I dont like Aikman anymore..When He played for the Boys i supported Him but he kisses to much A** now a days.

90s boys would fo won period...

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
jackrussell;1716476 said:
Listening to Cleveland sports radio today and they had Aikman on as guest. When asked how his 90's Cowboys would measure up to today's Patriots...he said he believed Dallas probably would have done will against the 3 previous Patriot Super Bowl winners, but, thinks this year's edition of NE would most likely have had their way with them.

Is he being diplomatic or what?

Glad it's not a Troy-is-Gay thread.

I guess troy just said what he thought, crazy as the idea is.

Troy, your team was a monster. This PAts team, on a scale of 1 to 10, is an 8.
your Cowboys were a 9 1/2:cool:

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Look... this Patriot team is damn good, but Norm made a good point the other day. They are older and will wear down as the season goes on.

The team we see now will likely not be the same team we see come playoff time...

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
LOL - I love how 2-3 people keep saying 'parity,' and just assuming that every team is now worse than they were 15 years ago just because it was that way 8 years ago. The only difference now in this NFL and the NFL of the early nineties is that there are 3 new teams, thus 150 (give or take) new roster spots.

Using this logic, the teams of the 70s were much better than those of the nineties.

Face it - every decade has a dynasty, and the pats are the new one. I don't know who would win, but it's simply asinine now to say that the Cowboys would steamroll these pats 10 /10

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Crown Royal;1716617 said:
Face it - every decade has a dynasty, and the pats are the new one. I don't know who would win, but it's simply asinine now to say that the Cowboys would steamroll these pats 10 /10

Actually, it's not...

I concur as far as the different eras being unequal...

The Cowboys/Steelers teams of the 70's could compete talent-wise, but they didn't/don't have the size...

The Dallas teams of the early 90's DO have the size and athletic ability. I would take the '92 Cowboys over the current Pats team 8 out of 10 times...

Go back and look how dominant that team was... it is amazing...

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
It's quite simple...

If the 90's Cowboys team played this year's patriots under the 90's RULES, we'd win cuz our DB's would be allowed to cover.

If we played under today's rules we'd probably still win cuz there is no one on that front 7 that could stand up to our OL and there is no one in that secondary that could touch Michael Irvin.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
CATCH17;1716564 said:
Come to think about it these idiot forget how good Emmitt really was.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3BMqqbeZhME

Small reminder.

Man, you really do forget sometimes. That man had amazing vision. There isn't another player I've ever seen have the vision he had. He also never wasted a single motion. Everything he did was just enough to miss that defender or just enough to bounce off that tackle. What an amazing runner.

Zman5

Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;1716606 said:
Glad it's not a Troy-is-Gay thread.

I guess troy just said what he thought, crazy as the idea is.

Troy, your team was a monster. This PAts team, on a scale of 1 to 10, is an 8.
your Cowboys were a 9 1/2:cool:

Troy is gay for saying 90's Cowboys will lose. :D

Q_the_man

Reaction score
TheSkaven;1716527 said:
Sorry guys, this Patriots squad could play with the 90's Cowboys, 80's 49ers and 70's Steelers (and Cowboys, for that matter).

Yes, there has been expansion. But I want you to look at some of these statistics. There are good statistics, great statistics, and then there are these, in a whole completely different level.

Brady has thrown for over 1700 yards through 6 weeks in the NFL. He has thrown for an incredible 21 touchdowns to only 2 interceptions. Just let that settle in for a second. He's on pace to throw nearly 60 touchdowns this year, shattering any previous record.

Here's another one, through 6 games his completion percentage is 72.5%. That's NOT a typo, seventy-two point five freakin' percent!! And it's not like they run the west coast offense there with dink and dunk passes, he's averaging more yards per pass than any time in his career.

This team is dominant in all phases of the game. I mean really, you take a team that was already great and you add Randy Moss, Dante Stallworth and Wes Walker. Are you kidding me??

Guys, I loved the 90's Cowboys as much as anybody, but Troy is right on the money here.

Edit: Here is another statistic, not only are they 6-0, but they have won their games by an average of 23 points per game! For comparison purposes, the '92 Cowboys, who by the way went 13-3, won their games by an average of 15 points per game.
Wish we could play Buffalo, Miami and Jets twice a year.....

Randy White

Reaction score
which team we're talking about.

The 1995 team was running on fumes by the time it got to the Superbowl. Putting aside that the team coaching staff was composed of Barry Switzer as the headcoach and Dave " fifi " Campo as the defensive coordinator ( huge disadvantage for the Cowboys ), the team was also on it's last legs as key veterans such as Jay Novacek, Charles Haley, Nate Newton and Tui were nearing the end of their careers. Then you add up the undisciplined attitude of the team ( Leon Lett suspended again ), the injuries ( Kevin Smith, Haley and Novacek ), and the fact that they had played more games in that span than anybody else, and you can see where the Patriots would be very capable of not only beating them, but putting up big numbers against them.

Now, the 1992, 1993, and even maybe 1994 teams ? Forget about it. Too deep and too talented for the Patriots to handle. The 1994 team maybe not as much as the '92 and '93 because of the free agency departures, but even they would put a hurtin' on today's Patriots.

:starspin

Az Lurker

The Lurker
Reaction score
Did anyone besides Roy Williams ever get a square hit on Emmitt? And how amazing was Irvin blocking downfield, it seemed like almost every big play Smith would run by 88 blocking someone.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Q_the_man;1716672 said:
Wish we could play Buffalo, Miami and Jets twice a year.....

:hammer:

Mr. (not Jerry) Jones;1716678 said:
Did anyone besides Roy Williams ever get a square hit on Emmitt? And how amazing was Irvin blocking downfield, it seemed like almost every big play Smith would run by 88 blocking someone.

Irvin wasn't known for his blocking. He's even admitted as much. Emmitt has even teased him about it saying "Why were you standing there watching when you could of got a block for me?" (paraphrased).

burmafrd

Reaction score
The boys team of 93 had been pretty much together for 4 years. Most of the starters at least 3. The O line was a total monster. They would have EATEN the Pats D. On D for us, yes the pats would score some points. Maybe 17-21.
Our Offense would have scored 30+. 35-21 or around there. Remember how we played in the playoffs as well. We DESTROYED teams. What do the pats do? sneak by on FGs. And they no longer have money vini anymore.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
CATCH17;1716556 said:
Well I haven't and I wish we could actually get that match up because I would be making some money.

Everyone wants to yack about how they could do this and do that but let one of the 90's Cowboys teams show up with a young Emmitt Smith, Cowboys Oline, Aikman, Irvin, Harper, and oh yeah the most dominating D in the league in all of our Superbowl runs and watch all these loud mouth idiots get scared real quick.

Like my boy Roy Jones jr said some of these fools must have forgot.

The only hope they would have is lobbing it up to Moss.

And you think you aren't going to beat us without a balanced attack? bwaaaaaahahahaha

Yeah right.

Not you. TheSkaven ignored parity.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I don't think Tom Brady would be allowed the time he gets now with the D-line rotation the Cowboys had going on the first two Super Bowl teams of the 90's.Troy is just being diplomatic.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Eskimo;1716493 said:
Let's see how good the Pats are at the end of the season when their LBs have sore knees and Moss and Stallworth are out with hamstring pulls.

If we played NE in SB, I would have no problem in winning the SB with Moss(& whoever else) on the sidelines due to injury. None.

Because like Emmitt say, at the end of the day-- Its all about SuperBowls wins baby.

PullMyFinger

Old Fashioned
Reaction score
EMMITTnROY;1716498 said:
uhhhh.. you kidding me?

We regularly faced Steve Young and Jerry Rice year in and year out BEFORE we even got to the Super Bowl.. oh, and some guys named Jim Kelly, Andre Reed and Thurman Thomas twice..

Steve Young and Jerry Rice > Tom Brady and Randy Moss

Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed > Tom Brady, Laurence Maroney, Randy Moss

not to mention always facing Brett Favre in his prime..

the 90's Cowboys would absolutely kill the '07 Patriots.. Aikman being a Cowboy doesn't make him right..

Amen.

superpunk;1716480 said:
Troy is probably falling victim to the same hype everyone is - forgetting that NFL rosters include 200 players who wouldn't have been in the NFL due to expansion since the 90s.

Watching the Pats beat up on that kind of competition could mislead anyone about their relative greatness with respect to history.

Another Amen.

Its a watered down league now <hence my hatred for the cap.> Back then there were a lot of good teams, how many are there now? 3 maybe 4?

I can name at least 3-4 teams from that era that would smoke the 07 Pats, and about 5-6 teams that would give them a run for their money.

49er's
Boy's
GB
They would kill the 07 Pats

Bills
Oilers
Washington
Raiders
Miami
Denver
and maybe Philly
Could probably beat the 07 Pats

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
trickblue;1716623 said:
Actually, it's not...

I concur as far as the different eras being unequal...

The Cowboys/Steelers teams of the 70's could compete talent-wise, but they didn't/don't have the size...

The Dallas teams of the early 90's DO have the size and athletic ability. I would take the '92 Cowboys over the current Pats team 8 out of 10 times...

Go back and look how dominant that team was... it is amazing...

Funny - I'm pretty amazed at the current Pats dominance as well.

And as far as the paragraph before, the Pats are pretty big and athletic as well.