Say it aint so Troy!

im2deep4u

Reaction score
Lets just see how the 07 Pats end this season. All media has already
given them the Superbowl and has annointed them the greatest team
ever. The season is long and the jury is still out.

I see the AFC as a tough conference to win and make it to the Superbowl.
The Chargers has now righted the ship and are on a roll. I see them
with LT as a serious threat to the Patriots, especially now that they have
just picked up Chambers from Miami.

My opinion after seeing the video on Emmit is.............NO WAY IN HELL
could the 07 Patriots beat the Boys, but lets just wait and see where
the Patriots end up?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
The key to beating the Pats is ball control. Any team who can effectively run the football against this team can beat them. The problem is that nobody has stopped there Offense from scoring on there first series. Every team is starting out down. Once this team get up on you by 10 or 14, everybody abandons the running game. With the Cowboys of the early 90s, they would have run the ball effectively against the Pats. The CBs would have matched up well against the WRs. Especially Deion against Moss. Deion on Moss is key because that team would not have had to double team Moss and would have been able to cover across the board. The fact that those 90s Cowboys LBs could all run means that the TE would not have been as big a factor for NE. We could have assigned a LB to cover the TE. I just think that between our offense consistantly running the football against there D, the limites the opportunities Brady would have had. Also, you take away the advantage Moss creates and Brady's TE and pretty soon, it gets real hard to run up the score on those 90s teams. Eventually, I believe the running game would have pounded the Pats into submission. The fact that the Pats can't run the ball makes it even tougher for there Offense to sustain drives. That just plays into the hands of that 90s club. If you gave that Cowboys defense a free pass to rush the passer every down, the overall team speed would eventually show up. Eventually, the pass rush will get to Brady IMO. You had to keep that defense honest or they would Pass Rush you to death. Actually, I think the earlier Pats teams would have had a better chance of success against the early 90s teams from Dallas. They could run the ball and that was key to beating that team. You had to keep the Dallas O off the field or they would eat up the clock and leave you wondering where all the time went. NC..... No Contest IMO. Pats Earlier teams would have faired better IMO. This team would have been dominated. There on dimensional and that is a no win situation against those 90s teams. JMO of course.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
SultanOfSix;1716723 said:
Not you. TheSkaven ignored parity.
No, I didn't ignore it. Go ahead and look at the teams that the '92 Cowboys played and you tell me there weren't some bad teams? They played the Phoenix Cardinals twice, do you remember what that team was like? What about that dreadful Detroit Lions team that year and the Seahawks?

The statistics, scores and performance show the Patriots team that is not only great, but rank as one of the best. Now, it has only been 6 weeks. As Rack said, let's see where they are in week 17. But if by week 17 Brady has thrown close to 60 touchdowns, if they're still blowing teams out, if they're 15-1 or 16-0, then you have to mention them in the same breath as the '92 Cowboys, as one of the best of all time.

God, I hate the fact that I'm taking the other side on this because I loved those 90's Cowboys teams. They were truly great, one of the best teams ever assembled IMHO. And all I'm saying is this 07' Patriots team could absolutely play with the '92 Cowboys. And I definitely think this 07' Patriots would put up lots of points on the defense we had.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
TheSkaven;1716934 said:
No, I didn't ignore it. Go ahead and look at the teams that the '92 Cowboys played and you tell me there weren't some bad teams? They played the Phoenix Cardinals twice, do you remember what that team was like? What about that dreadful Detroit Lions team that year and the Seahawks?

The statistics, scores and performance show the Patriots team that is not only great, but rank as one of the best. Now, it has only been 6 weeks. As Rack said, let's see where they are in week 17. But if by week 17 Brady has thrown close to 60 touchdowns, if they're still blowing teams out, if they're 15-1 or 16-0, then you have to mention them in the same breath as the '92 Cowboys, as one of the best of all time.

God, I hate the fact that I'm taking the other side on this because I loved those 90's Cowboys teams. They were truly great, one of the best teams ever assembled IMHO. And all I'm saying is this 07' Patriots team could absolutely play with the '92 Cowboys. And I definitely think this 07' Patriots would put up lots of points on the defense we had.

I don't think they would have scored a great deal on us. Simply because they would not have had as many opportunities to do so. The question becomes, how do they stop the 90s running game? That running game eats clock. You can't score if you don't have the ball. That, to me, is the kicker.

burmafrd

Reaction score
There are about 120 guys playing on an NFL roster that would not have been there in 1992 or 1993. FA and Salary cap was not a factor. Teams were together for years. I do not know why that is so hard for some people to figure out. Fewer marginal players and teams that had been together longer- especially the O Lines. The league was better back then and the Cowboys still dominated.

khiladi

Reaction score
Somebody needs to email Tory and tell him to stop being a homer... He knows for a fact we would have destroyed them.. Emmit himself said that the Dallas Cowboys, if free-agency, didn't hit them would have won at least 6 or 7 Super Bowls in a row...

And you can't even touch the WR nowadays, and the NFL has implemented all sorts of pansy rules to benefit the offense.

The Patriots would have not only been beaten, they would have been destroyed. Our linebacker depth had the whole field covered, and the lateral coverage was amazing. Do you think Brady would have gotten anywhere with his dink-and-dunks? Walker and Stallworth would have been floored at the line.

And the NFL had to invent rules to STOP the Cowboys, such as the Erik Williams, we need to stop having him dominate Reggie White, rule... on the other hand, they invent rules, aka 'tuck' rules, to help the Patriots, and you can push defenders clearly in the back, and go for their knees rules for the Patriots... they won 3 SB by a combined what...less than 10 points, and that too by cheating..

I will say it clearly:

THE PATRIOTS ARE THE BIGGEST FRAUD DYNASTY IN THE HISTORY OF PROFESSIONAL SPORTS...

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
TheSkaven;1716934 said:

There were bad teams, but there were more good teams than bad. In the age of non-parity, you had bad teams that were bad, and teams that were really good. You had a lot more time to stockpile talent, and less of a chance for it to leave.

In the age of parity, you have watered down talent all across the board with a few teams that have much greater talent than other teams. That's why all the media talks about is TWO elite teams: The Pats and the Colts.

In the pre-free agency arena you could talk about more than two. There were at least two per conference.