SC Pass Defenses

dools

Reaction score
We have some one of the best corner duos in the game along with glenn as our nickle corner but many would consider our safeties average at best in coverage. I still think that our ranking is a little low.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
thats some serious BS!!!!!!! at the very least they should have been 11 but everyone when they think of the Cowboys D they just think of Santana Moss burning Glenn and Roy for the 2 TD's. Oh well hopefully teams think the same when the season starts and they'll get picked off by Newman and Henry

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
One thing about these rankings.... It's not just the DBs. They also took into account the pass rush. Not saying I agree, especially with the Commanders being that high, but that was their copout

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
no, people think that because we have young guys, and no FS, and still a new scheme, and no depth at the NG postion, that we wont be good this year, they forsee us just being average, not to mention that TO will be so distracting that our defense wont be able to focus, and then he's gonna split up the defense and get them to turn on each other so there hitting each other instead of the oppistie team. remember this is ESPN

OKC.DC.Fan

Reaction score
they picked the Skins at number 2 cause of the D coach. Not really cause of the players.

redskins1

Benched
Reaction score
espn analyst likes our d cord,cause he puts players in position to make plays,but dont kidd yourselfs cowboy fans..you must have talent to...which the skins do...thats why they are picked so high....its coaching and talent at the highest level...

MossBurner

Reaction score
OKC.DC.Fan said:
they picked the Skins at number 2 cause of the D coach. Not really cause of the players.

Sean Taylor
Adam Archuleta
Shawn Springs
Carlos Rogers

All first round talents. Where is the weakness? Tell me please.

Renesis

Reaction score
I was amazed that we were ranked 2. I was thinking something in the 10-5 range. I think we are at the very worst solid, but I don't know what or who(beyond Williams) we have that would warrant a ranking of 2.

gbrittain

Reaction score
MossBurner said:
Sean Taylor
Adam Archuleta
Shawn Springs
Carlos Rogers

Here is your weakness.

Adam Archuleta was a first rounder, but he is most definitely not a superb talent. You guys like to hammer Roy Williams and his "coverage skills" at the SS slot, but I promise you RW looks like Deion Sanders circa 1995 compared to AA.

Sean Taylor. I will not take any thing away from him, he is a great player. I do find it amusing however, that all the Commander fans love to dump on Irvin...so what do you guys do? Draft and worship at the altar of the Michael Irvin starter kit.

Shawn Springs is a solid guy. No arguments here.

The future looks bright for Carlos Rogers, but he is hardly a proven commodity. He has started a grand total of 7 games. Time will tell.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
MossBurner said:
Sean Taylor
Adam Archuleta
Shawn Springs
Carlos Rogers

You're basing that strictly off where they were drafted, not what their actual talent level is at this point in their careers.

Archuleta was a 1st round reach by the Rams. He has never been a 1st round "talent." Decent enough player, not elite.

Springs is past his prime, though still very good. I don't put him among the elite CBs in the NFL any more. At one time I did, and no that has nothing to do with him being on the Skins now.

Rogers started a whopping 5 games for you in 2005, so he hasn't lived up to his 1st round potential yet. He probably will. I like the kid a lot.

Sean Taylor is an elite talent but needs to get his head on straight and I think everyone agrees on that point.

That makes, 1 elite player, 1 reach, 1 past his prime but still very good, and 1 player needing to improve on his rookie season. Overall, very good, even one of the best in the NFL. But you're trying to tell me that group is completely lacking any weakness? Come on, be realistic.

If you can.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
gbrittain said:
Here is your weakness.

Adam Archuleta was a first rounder, but he is most definitely not a superb talent. You guys like to hammer Roy Williams and his "coverage skills" at the SS slot, but I promise you RW looks like Deion Sanders circa 1995 compared to AA.

Sean Taylor. I will not take any thing away from him, he is a great player. I do find it amusing however, that all the Commander fans love to dump on Irvin...so what do you guys do? Draft and worship at the altar of the Michael Irvin starter kit.

Shawn Springs is a solid guy. No arguments here.

The future looks bright for Carlos Rogers, but he is hardly a proven commodity. He has started a grand total of 7 games. Time will tell.
Dang gbrittain, looks like we were on the same wavelength.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MossBurner said:
Sean Taylor
Adam Archuleta
Shawn Springs
Carlos Rogers

Since you asked........

Roy > Sean Taylor
TNew > Springs
Henry > Rogers

That is 3 of 4 I like our starters better.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
MossBurner said:
Sean Taylor
Adam Archuleta
Shawn Springs
Carlos Rogers

Adam Archuleta is the worst starting coverage safety in football. Even Commanders fans dont argue against this. He makes Roy Williams look like Ronnie Lott.

Sean Taylor looks for the big hit too often and gets burned, especially against Dallas.

Carlos Rogers was nicknamed "Toast" by his own media outlet

Shawn Springs is the only good coverage player in the secondary

skinsfunguy

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Adam Archuleta is the worst starting coverage safety in football. Even Commanders fans dont argue against this. He makes Roy Williams look like Ronnie Lott.

Sean Taylor looks for the big hit too often and gets burned, especially against Dallas.

Carlos Rogers was nicknamed "Toast" by his own media outlet

Shawn Springs is the only good coverage player in the secondary

You may be the biggest homer ever.