Scale from 1-10 how excited are you for the season?

aikemirv

Reaction score
10 being the highest.

I need the perspective of others right now. I am struggling to get excited. I should be because the new coaching staff is a big shift. Good offseason with the draft and FAs. The Dak contract is a dark cloud but he is the QB right now so there is hope they can get something done. All that said I am not getting excited. Don’t know why exactly. Am I getting older and sports just doesn’t excite me as much? Am I too distracted with my family and all that is going on? Is the woke NFL crap getting to me? Is over 2 decades of futility getting to me? Is it because I think the season is not going to happen? Is it the empty stands?

I have been a fan for 40 years. I love football. I used to be clued in every day on camp news and excitement for the season. What the hell is wrong with me? I am a 3 out of 10 now. With McCarthy and Co I should be at an 8 or 9. WTH?

How are you all feeling about this season?
If they go down the path of the NBA then I will be turning off by the end of the year. If I have to hear politics or see politics during my football games the excitement level is going to drop quick!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If they go down the path of the NBA then I will be turning off by the end of the year. If I have to hear politics or see politics during my football games the excitement level is going to drop quick!
Then get prepared cause your going to see it. The majority of these players are effected either directly or indirectly by the events unfolding across the country.

And now the league and their owners aren’t going to discourage them from using their stage. You may want to continue living in your little bubble but there’s real issues happening out there in the world.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Then get prepared cause your going to see it. The majority of these players are effected either directly or indirectly by the events unfolding across the country.

And now the league and their owners aren’t going to discourage them from using their stage. You may want to continue living in your little bubble but there’s real issues happening out there in the world.

The usual huffing, puffing, foot-stamping, drama queening will happen and then they'll all watch anyway while pretending to stand for "some principle" without actually being able to adhere to one of their own stated ones. Oh the irony! Lol.

Whyjerry

Reaction score

Exactly. I will NEVER spend a cent on the NBA again.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score

I can only watch so much Cornhole, Axe throwing and reruns of Soap Box Derbys.

Bring on some live NFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
10 being the highest.

I need the perspective of others right now. I am struggling to get excited. I should be because the new coaching staff is a big shift. Good offseason with the draft and FAs. The Dak contract is a dark cloud but he is the QB right now so there is hope they can get something done. All that said I am not getting excited. Don’t know why exactly. Am I getting older and sports just doesn’t excite me as much? Am I too distracted with my family and all that is going on? Is the woke NFL crap getting to me? Is over 2 decades of futility getting to me? Is it because I think the season is not going to happen? Is it the empty stands?

I have been a fan for 40 years. I love football. I used to be clued in every day on camp news and excitement for the season. What the hell is wrong with me? I am a 3 out of 10 now. With McCarthy and Co I should be at an 8 or 9. WTH?

How are you all feeling about this season?

I tried to explain where I am with this but my comment got deleted because I referenced something that has become a driving force in sports today.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I tried to explain where I am with this but my comment got deleted because I referenced something that has become a driving force in sports today.

Oh yeah. Have to check your comments these days. I know what you were referring to.

aikemirv

Reaction score

No real issues - just manufactured ones- the real issues are not the focus!

InTheZone

Reaction score
8/10, but that excitement can easily go to -100/10 for multiple reasons.

edit: I can tell you already the super bowl half time show is going to be a 0/10

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Yep - not watching the Celtics anymore(only ones I watched anyway)- would not contribute a dime to their ratings.

The end of the season will probably be watching the Cowboys and only the Cowboys and just fast forward to kickoff!

It really sucks. The commissioners of these leagues don’t have a clue who the audience is. The NHL is the only one that gets it. Just stick to sports. It is quite easy.