Scandrick on Cowherd: Garrett is the most underrated coach in NFL

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The scheme is holding Dak back. That's the only part I'm going to remember.
so you have an agenda...what he said was....

"I think Dak's got all of that but the offensive scheme kinda held him back at the beginning. I think they brought him along slow. Great offensive line. Great running game. They relied on play action a lot. Now let's move forward. Last weekend they did pretty much whatever they wanted to."

but yeah, lets take out of it what I want to support my perception

Aven8

Reaction score
I knew Oscan couldn’t play anymore, but now CTE? Poor guy. ;)

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
so you have an agenda...what he said was....

"I think Dak's got all of that but the offensive scheme kinda held him back at the beginning. I think they brought him along slow. Great offensive line. Great running game. They relied on play action a lot. Now let's move forward. Last weekend they did pretty much whatever they wanted to."

but yeah, lets take out of it what I want to support my perception
I didn't watch the video. I just read the OP.

I have a personal boycott, since 2008, against all sport talk shows and all other NFL games. If it's not the Cowboys or produced by the Cowboys I don't want to see it.

So my post was just joking off the OP.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
He was always a weird guy.. but he was a good player in his prime... but in Dallas if you're a top corner and you cant play they get rid of you. Henry, Newman, Jenkins, Claiborne etc.. they all get replaced. Sometimes a little late but they move on from corners in Dallas.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Pretty honest to say he made a mistake leaving Dallas.

Everyone saying he needs a job but he said he likes TV stuff. Doesn't sound like a guy who spent all of his money and could be decent TV guy, probably better than some of the other ex players.

Agree.

Scandrick seems like a smart guy. Probably saved some $$$ and invested it.

He's making the transition to media.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
You said he wasn't a good coach, if that's your take, why being him back, if he's still a bad coach, that makes no sense...lol
It doesnt matter what i want. If he gets to the nfccg hes getting extended smh. Stop talkin

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
How was his relationship with Jerry?

"It was fantastic. I didn't get to speak to him directly." Badum-tsh

When Cowherd elaborated on his reasons behind saying Wentz looks like a better talent, emphasis added-

"I think Dak's got all of that but the offensive scheme kinda held him back at the beginning. I think they brought him along slow. Great offensive line. Great running game. They relied on playaction a lot. Now let's move forward. Last weekend they did pretty much whatever they wanted to."

For those saying the above is some sort of contradiction about his praise for Garrett, that sounds more like what we've seen since the beginning, the offense had been simplified for Dak. Now they're doing whatever they want- reflecting on Dak progressing, no?

Using the same offensive scheme there is a difference in how linehan called plays and how moore has called plays. linehan kept things much simplier, relied heavily on the run game and honestly that has probably helped alot in Daks development. But Moore has opened things up downfield and in the redzone a bit more at the right time.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Why are we disqualifying his opinion based on his ability to play? Good lord, if that's the bar, it pretty much disqualifies 95+% of talking heads on weekends and the media. Some even say he's trying to get a job back with the Cowboys. LOL LOL, so the Cowboys will bring him back based on ONE interview rather than his ability to play? The guy has played the game, been inside the locker rooms, interacted with the players and coaches on a professional and personal level, yet we are more qualified to an opinion? Goodness, talk about arrogant.......lol

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Did I interpret him correctly when he said that after nearly a decade here he never dealt directly with Jerry? That is certainly an interesting revelation and not at all how I pictured the way things work around there...

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Bwahahahaha Garrett holds players accountable hahahahaha, oh my god, you need to warn people before spreading stuff like this about.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
5:30 mark they start talking about the Cowboys.

Summary:
-Garrett is underrated, no anonymous comments, no calling out players to the media, holds players accountable behind the scenes.
-Cowboys are a first-class organization.
-Dak is a better leader/player than Wentz.
-Scheme has held Dak back.

And this is exactly why Garret IS overrated.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Did I interpret him correctly when he said that after nearly a decade here he never dealt directly with Jerry? That is certainly an interesting revelation and not at all how I pictured the way things work around there...
That was a hmmm moment. I've been told repeatedly that players just go straight to him.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I just figured I'd misunderstood what he was saying, and I still think that's likely. I really don't think there's any way he's never dealt with Jerry. I think even the janitors probably deal directly with Jerry.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
I just figured I'd misunderstood what he was saying, and I still think that's likely. I really don't think there's any way he's never dealt with Jerry. I think even the janitors probably deal directly with Jerry.
Yeah like maybe Jerry doesn’t swap family stories with every undrafted free agent, but I certainly can’t imagine him not having a relationship with someone who was a core guy here.
Although if we’re being honest, I still actually do envision Jerry as the ultimate jock sniffer trying to pal around with undrafted free agents even in his seventies...

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I think he knows he's done in the league and is hoping to get into the media now.