Twitter: Scandrick requests his release

gmoney112

Reaction score
"Request for release?"

giphy.gif

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I could see a team picking Scandrick as a "cover your bases" vet leading into the draft, so they don't have to force a pick. The kind of thing we do.

Scandrick would also be an end of the summer trade, when a team has injuries and needs to get a decent CB in.

I'm not in a hurry to get rid of Scandrick. Being deep at CB is a very good thing. More important than having top players, IMO. Offenses target the worst defenders on the field, not the best.

We do pick up vets like this occasionally, but usually as free agents and not through trades. But I suppose someone might consider giving up a 6th or 7th round pick for him ... maybe. The other factor might be that teams would rather him become a free agent so they can negotiate a deal rather than pay his existing contract.

Verdict

Reaction score
They are not going to take on his full salary. Why do people keep suggesting this?

His salary is cheap for a starting corner, if a team evaluates him at that level. It's pretty simple really.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score

Jerry has been working hard on this issue in Palm beach Can't blame him though I love the SoFlo weather. So nice.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
True, but I don't see Scandrick as someone teams will feel they can't risk losing, nor as someone a lot of teams will be fighting over and running up the price.

Maybe not, but there will be teams looking for experienced slot corners. I wouldn’t expect a prime pick, but I do think he would add value to some teams.

Aven8

Reaction score
I never cared for his live in LA attitude he had. Never seemed apart of things fully IMO.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
We do pick up vets like this occasionally, but usually as free agents and not through trades. But I suppose someone might consider giving up a 6th or 7th round pick for him ... maybe. The other factor might be that teams would rather him become a free agent so they can negotiate a deal rather than pay his existing contract.

Good point about not wanting to give picks for guys you're getting as bridges in free agency.

As for the contract, I think a team would want to keep that. 3mil seems like under market for Scandrick. No bonus is required, and they can cut him, or negotiate him down, if they don't think he is worth 3mil come the end of the summer.

If nothing else, it's a trade off between a pick and guaranteed money.

Scandrick wants to be a free agent because he thinks he can do better than the current contract. I think he's right.

A harder option is a trade, but you never know what another team might have. LB should be easy. Downroster WR. Those are two positions teams carry a lot of, and we need.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I never understood the hate some Cowboy fans have or him. Probably his no nonsense attitude. He's had a great career here. Would love to have him back if his body wasn't breaking down. Wish him the best. One of the best corners this team has drafted since Terrance Newman.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
lol, our players actually WANT to be parolled, er uh I mean released.

That's because they're hoping for a chance at a Super Bowl Like D. Ware did, and they don't believe it'll happen
with Jerry Jones and Garrett. :muttley:

kskboys

Reaction score
I never understood the hate some Cowboy fans have or him. Probably his no nonsense attitude. He's had a great career here. Would love to have him back if his body wasn't breaking down. Wish him the best. One of the best corners this team has drafted since Terrance Newman.
Good, solid, hard-nosed high effort player. Absolute steal in the 5th round.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It's good to see that Scandrick is bowing out with class. That's always nice to see.
At least, he knows enough to appreciate the time he's had with the team. :thumbup:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That's because they're hoping for a chance at a Super Bowl Like D. Ware did, and they don't believe it'll happen
with Jerry Jones and Garrett. :muttley:
I don't think that's it. I think he understands there's a chance he may not start here next year because of the young guys at corner. He wanted to be traded last year.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I don't think that's it. I think he understands there's a chance he may not start here next year because of the young guys at corner. He wanted to be traded last year.

I was speaking somewhat tongue in cheek. I don't really claim to know Scandrick's reason. Either way, I'll be sorry to see Scandrick go.

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score

Jerry has been working hard on this issue in Palm beach Can't blame him though I love the SoFlo weather. So nice.

God I know Jerry is playing with himself in public again but thank you for not choosing that pumpkin pie chilli bowl hair cut weirdo the Raiders got to own the cowboys....Amen

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Our FO was probrably blindsided by this
They always are...

This wreaks of past player's that have had no desire to work with the team whatsoever when they knew they would potentually be on their way out the door.

That's what happens when you coddle players to the extreme. Thanks Jerry.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
What about the special STAR position they designed for OScan years ago. Remember all the talk about the genius coaches we had and this special, secret position they made for him.