Twitter: Scandrick requests his release

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hear you, I just want the distractions dealt with before the season starts. Who will be next?

I think there is a good chance Scandrick will be gone pretty soon. I don't really think there will be a lot of distractions when the season starts, just a lot of questions to be answered as the season goes on.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But the cowboys have said that they will trade or cut him. Since that proclamation no one's going to trade for him so that means that they will cut him so no matter what you want a release is going to happen.

As I've read it said "all options are on the table". And that includes keeping him under contract.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But the cowboys have said that they will trade or cut him. Since that proclamation no one's going to trade for him so that means that they will cut him so no matter what you want a release is going to happen.

If he were coveted someone might trade for him to avoid having to try and outbid others after he got cut, but I don't think Scandrick is going to be that coveted.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
He's probably viewed by other teams as someone likely to get released anyway, so they likely would wait and try to sign him then rather than trade away something of value.

Trading for him guarantees a team can get him, if he hits FA it becomes a crap shoot.

cern

Reaction score
I'd try and trade him until time expired to do so. Wouldn't expect much in return.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Cowboys cornerback Orlando Scandrick has requested his release from the team, according to a source.

You got a bonus, then held out to rework your contract for more pay. That contract gave the Cowboys rights to you. You sold those rights.

If you want those rights back, how much money are you offering for them?

I've been a Scandrick fan for a long time. But he turned the screws on the Cowboys when he had the bargaining advantage. The screws are on the other foot now. Take it like a man.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
He's intimidated by all our talent. He wants to go somewhere that isn't as fortunate to draft so well so he can compete.

Scandrick wants to sign a new contract and get a new bonus.

Trouble for him is, he already signed his rights to us. If he wants out of his contract to get a new bonus, he should expect to pay the Cowboys to get back the rights he sold to them.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
You see all these teams get a 4th round or later for these random guys, yet we always cave, release a guy, who immediately signs elsewhere (so he obviously had value). It's disheartening how poor this Front Office is.

I wouldn't count on it.

Scandrick turned the screws on the Cowboys to rework his contract. They shouldn't cave to him now. Bad business. The org will play nice to show loyalty to player, but I think the org remembers when it gets yanked around too.

Tit for tat.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I would love to know how much it saves us in the cap?
Do we have any dead money concerns?

Scandrick is about 3.9mil of dead money currently. If he's kept, some of that and his 3mil salary come to 5.3mil cap hit this year. So releasing him is a net positive to the cap this year, so we could if we wanted to.

But there is no reason to do it at this point, except to make Scandrick more money.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Trading for him guarantees a team can get him, if he hits FA it becomes a crap shoot.

True, but I don't see Scandrick as someone teams will feel they can't risk losing, nor as someone a lot of teams will be fighting over and running up the price.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Who wants a crusty vet with bad knees, a missing vertebra process but still a chip on his shoulder? I say he would fit in NE, he could replace Butler ;). Scandy to the Pats for their 7'th rounder. Hey, they took Marty B!

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
True, but I don't see Scandrick as someone teams will feel they can't risk losing, nor as someone a lot of teams will be fighting over and running up the price.

I could see a team picking Scandrick as a "cover your bases" vet leading into the draft, so they don't have to force a pick. The kind of thing we do.

Scandrick would also be an end of the summer trade, when a team has injuries and needs to get a decent CB in.

I'm not in a hurry to get rid of Scandrick. Being deep at CB is a very good thing. More important than having top players, IMO. Offenses target the worst defenders on the field, not the best.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I appreciate the years of service Oscan, its been real...................the door is right over there;)

If you need a ride to the airport, I will call you a cab.

If you get lonely waiting by the curb, don't worry....................Dez will be joining you real soon:grin: