Scary Redzone stat put me on Pitts Train

SixFiveCowboy

Reaction score
Rumor has it Miami taking pitts. The closer we get to the draft the more I salivate at the idea of Pitts. I think even if Mia passes on him he will be going to Denver.

Living here in Central FL puts me around a ton of Gator fans and tons of Dolphin fans, there is a definite buzz about Miami taking Pitts. They are trying to build around Tua and Pitts pretty much ran his way to the top half of the draft with his pro day performance. The Dolphins had a pretty large contingent at his pro day so I can totally see him ending up in South Florida.

Carson

Reaction score
Living here in Central FL puts me around a ton of Gator fans and tons of Dolphin fans, there is a definite buzz about Miami taking Pitts. They are trying to build around Tua and Pitts pretty much ran his way to the top half of the draft with his pro day performance. The Dolphins had a pretty large contingent at his pro day so I can totally see him ending up in South Florida.
Where in Central Florida are you at? I’m in Oviedo/Winter Springs and I know @RonnieT24 is from these parts as well

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Pitts is gone by pick 10 BUT would be interesting to see old jerrah if he and Surtain were still there at 10 though. I swear I think he would pull the trigger for the O player.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Pitts is gone by pick 10 BUT would be interesting to see old jerrah if he and Surtain were still there at 10 though. I swear I think he would pull the trigger for the O player.

No team should draft a TE in the top 10 if they don't have a plan for how to maximize his talents. Hell you can probably say that about any pick at any point in the draft but especially in the top 10. I don't want the Cowboys to draft Pitts if they're just going to treat him like he's Witten.

Motorola

Reaction score
Good point but I think you also have to factor in if Fields is there at #4 it will be really hard on them to pass him up because he's a home town kid and Ryan is long in the tooth plus he is counting a good bit towards their salary cap. I could totally see the Falcons taking Fields if he makes it to them because he doesn't have to start right now but his big name with the local fan base would most definitely fill seats, so they'd come out looking great by taking a qb for the future.
Ryan's contract dictates the Falcons stay with him through 2022 (a trade is unlikely). Since it is a new GM & HC, it's possible they may view this situation as the best oppotunity to secure the next franchise QB once Ryan calls it a career.
The sit, wait & watch approach might be a viable option; although Fields had two spectacular seasons leading the Buckeyes to consecutive Big Ten titles and two College Football Playoff appearances, he has only a total of 22 starts.

SixFiveCowboy

Reaction score
Ryan's contract dictates the Falcons stay with him through 2022 (a trade is unlikely). Since it is a new GM & HC, it's possible they may view this situation as the best oppotunity to secure the next franchise QB once Ryan calls it a career.
The sit, wait & watch approach might be a viable option; although Fields had two spectacular seasons leading the Buckeyes to consecutive Big Ten titles and two College Football Playoff appearances, he has only a total of 22 starts.

Exactly my line of thinking as well because I know they wouldn't want to immediately go away from Ryan but like you stated new GM's and HC's always want their trigger man to be their pick, plus you win over some good faith with the local fan base with bringing a kid from GA back home. That's a very good observation about the limited time he's actually been a starter especially with the shortened season that was played in the Big10 last year he could be perfect to develop behind a Wiley veteran.

Motorola

Reaction score
Exactly my line of thinking as well because I know they wouldn't want to immediately go away from Ryan but like you stated new GM's and HC's always want their trigger man to be their pick, plus you win over some good faith with the local fan base with bringing a kid from GA back home. That's a very good observation about the limited time he's actually been a starter especially with the shortened season that was played in the Big10 last year he could be perfect to develop behind a Wiley veteran.
I don't like these recent = a month before the draft - opinions popping up of Fields not being "dedicated" to football. Depending on what team FOs believe and\ or follow up on the rumors- his draft status could go from #3 pick to late teens.

SixFiveCowboy

Reaction score
I don't like these recent = a month before the draft - opinions popping up of Fields not being "dedicated" to football. Depending on what team FOs believe and\ or follow up on the rumors- his draft status could go from #3 pick to late teens.
Yeah that's definitely not a good look on the surface considering he was simply let out his scholarship at UGA no real fuss to transfer to OSU. But you know this time of year smoke screen mode is in full effect.

lk8701

Reaction score
Honestly this stat should have scared the Cowboys front office regarding Dak. Dak really isn't great at very tight window throws.

Motorola

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, it took years before that song got any kind of recognition and playtime on the radio.
I believe they had hits from songs afterwards that brought that particular song to the masses' attention.
It had moderate success when it was released as a single in June 1973 - peaked at no. 59 on "Billboard Hot 100" (although it was a big hit in Aerosmith's native city of Boston).
It became the huge hit when the revamped song was on their album released in late 1975 - and now is one of the great classic rock ballads.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Sounds wonderful!!!! Lets hope they take him so Jerry isnt tempted.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
It had moderate success when it was released as a single in June 1973 - peaked at no. 59 on "Billboard Hot 100" (although it was a big hit in Aerosmith's native city of Boston).
It became the huge hit when the revamped song was on their album released in late 1975 - and now is one of the great classic rock ballads.
Appreciate the clarification!

ondaedg

Reaction score
Gallup is not gone he will take a discount he isn’t a number one n with copper n lamb without them he doesn’t put up half the production he does anywhere else

Agreed. Gallup benefits from single coverage afforded by Amari. He does a great job using his body on deep balls to create separation. But if you’re asking him to run a hard comeback or a double move post he isn’t going to be very successful.

ghst187

Reaction score
Sadly Pitts will be the first non-QB taken, if not also taken before one

Hadenough

Reaction score
I was very Anti-Pitts until i remembered that it seems the Cowboys struggle scoring TDs in Redzone. Dak can always drive right down the field but struggles when close to the end zone. So i looked up 2019 stats, and within 10 yards, Dak was in 27th place in passing stats right behind Dalton on the Bengals. Could be coaching but its something to think about.
That's one of the biggest reasons I was against giving Dak a big contract and letting him test Free agency. That's not something you can fix either because its accuracy issues. Doubt Pitts would help that.

GMO415

Reaction score
look to the sidelines at boise boy wonder hes not designing nor calling plays to give 21 the best scoring options also look ahead at the OL that was a mess last year.. get over the 21 hate there are far more issues causing 21 to appear in decline. Most is on Moore, period he changed this offense and identity in 21 which coincides and contradictory to what our identity and no coincidence right after Elliott got paid..not EE fault all this happened the last 2 seasons..

his decline is way overblown..hate all you want, facts and proof are right in front of you..

Issues in order

Kellen moore
Play calls
Ol

4. Zeke yes his fumbles hurt but truly i saw many signs many games he still hd a lot of old 21 in him..
MM will demand 21 gets the ball. Stand by.