Scary Thought re: Bennett

CWR

Reaction score
WE ARE IN AGREEEMENT!!!!!!!

FFS!!!

I am making a flippant comment about how scary good the Pats defense is!!!!

NOTHING NEGATIVE ABOUT THE COWBOYS!!!! IS THAT CLEAR!!!

It was a fun, no thought post. And you have to turn it into some sort of commentary negative on the Cowboys!

Enough of the thin-skinned, reactionary bull crap!

The Pats defense didn't look that scary good vs the Ravens. I think they are a really good defense, that has been exaggerated by playing no one. The couldn't stop Baltimores run game and Lamar Jackson looked pretty sharp.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Bennett was amazing last night.

Bennett was not good enough to play for the Patriots this year.

That is all.
He did well and his stat line proved it for his first game with his new team. It will only get better. He was inside and outside.

Teams will have to account for him.

T-RO

Reaction score
LOL. Dolphins could start this exact thread about Taco on their forums. Both players were just in the wrong place. It's simple.

Taco doesn't really belong in this discussion. He'll be on the Dolphins bench or off their team as soon as they reload.

Taco 2019 PFF:

The guy is horrible and a few fluke 8-seconds-and-the-QB-won't-throw-the-ball sacks doesn't change that.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

That is all.
patriots play 3-4 and he is a 4-3 DE, DT.....that's why he didn't play much for patriots.....Bilicheck wanted to use him strategically and situationally. bennett wanted to play more....there was disagreement and he is not in NE any longer

coult44

Reaction score

That is all.

Bill and other Pat coaches said he was great, the scheme didn’t fit for him to play all the time like he wanted.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Impactful player that makes a lot of mental mistakes. A guy who has to be treated differently from other players.

The Cowboys did exactly the right thing by getting him on the roster for the remaining part of the year and then parting ways.

Cheap player fitting our scheme and a particular need. We picked up money on the street.

What are the chances we make a net profit on the pick we gave away vs. the comp pick we'll get when he leaves?

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Honestly I think it's stupid b/c 3/4 vs 4/3 doesn't matter much in today's NFL where nickel matters so much.

It's very un-Patriot to not be able to get a guy like Bennett a role, b/c he's very flexible.

Yeah it does. He’s not a guy you want dropping back in coverage and he’s a bit light to be one of three down inside.

Especially without shoulder pads...:laugh:

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Bennett is and always has been a hell of a football player. The guy just knows how to get into the backfield. He’s a dog on the field and with him added to Lawrence, Quinn and Collins, the pass rush will be a problem for every team Dallas plays.

A very good (and fortuitous for Dallas) pick-up.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
LOL. Dolphins could start this exact thread about Taco on their forums. Both players were just in the wrong place. It's simple.
Comparing Taco to Bennett is laughable. Taco is the same Soft Taco in Miami with a few coverage sacks.

cern

Reaction score
Sounds like something you'd say to yourself to make it seem better than what it is...

They could have kept him for depth.

I refuse to accept the Pats just traded him for a 7th rounder because he "didn't fit their scheme" something else went down. He's either not that great (or not great enough for the pats defense) or his attitude got the best of him...

He played great last night though so I'm eliminating that "not great" possibility
Pat's defense didn't look that great against Lamar Jackson and the ravens.

cern

Reaction score
Bennett is and always has been a hell of a football player. The guy just knows how to get into the backfield. He’s a dog on the field and with him added to Lawrence, Quinn and Collins, the pass rush will be a problem for every team Dallas plays.

A very good (and fortuitous for Dallas) pick-up.
He also seemed to have had a good influence on antwuan woods. Rest of the d-line as well.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
He also seemed to have had a good influence on antwuan woods. Rest of the d-line as well.
I think he will. He loves to play and has an edge out on the field. I think a little of that will transfer to the other DL.

As he makes plays and feels more like a part of the team, that will only become more pronounced, IMO.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Taco doesn't really belong in this discussion. He'll be on the Dolphins bench or off their team as soon as they reload.

Taco 2019 PFF:

The guy is horrible and a few fluke 8-seconds-and-the-QB-won't-throw-the-ball sacks doesn't change that.
How can anyone seriously think Taco is a good football player?

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I think he will. He loves to play and has an edge out on the field. I think a little of that will transfer to the other DL.

As he makes plays and feels more like a part of the team, that will only become more pronounced, IMO.
We need a little more attitude on this team. Hopefully Bennett and a healthy Hard hitting Sean Lee will bring it!