Scary Thought re: Bennett

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Bennett was amazing last night.

Bennett was not good enough to play for the Patriots this year.

That is all.

There are other factors to what Bennett brings to your team.

The Patriots and Belichick want you to buy in and do things the "Patriot Way". Bennett is a strong-minded person.

My first take on the trade was similar. The Patriots felt they can win without him. However, after more consideration, his presence here makes sense. We don't have strong coaching or schemes. We have publicly admitted we just expect each player to win their individual match-up's. Bennett will win his match-up's. He'll cuss teammates and coaches out along the way, but he will go out on the field and be productive.

DHCBF66

Reaction score

That is all.
Ever heard of the cap? Belechick himself said that the trade was made for cap space purposes only. Quit trying to start stupid drama!

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I think he will. He loves to play and has an edge out on the field. I think a little of that will transfer to the other DL.

As he makes plays and feels more like a part of the team, that will only become more pronounced, IMO.

Jerry commented after the game you see whole D feeding off his play.......

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Think it's hard for some fans to believe Belichick/Pats could misfire on wrong players. The truth is, it's happened a lot more than many fans realized.

silvernblu

Reaction score
Ever heard of the cap? Belechick himself said that the trade was made for cap space purposes only. Quit trying to start stupid drama!

I can’t even comprehend the mindset that would think I was attempting to cause drama.

This entire reaction to this thread by about five of you is thoroughly bizarre.

Thanks to those with thoughtful replies.

We’re on to Minnesota!

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Sounds like something you'd say to yourself to make it seem better than what it is...

They could have kept him for depth.

I refuse to accept the Pats just traded him for a 7th rounder because he "didn't fit their scheme" something else went down. He's either not that great (or not great enough for the pats defense) or his attitude got the best of him...

He played great last night though so I'm eliminating that "not great" possibility
He wasn't getting proper playing time because her isn't a 3-4 guy. Have you even watched tape on him with the Patriots? They had him at NT at times, he got into with the position coach about it and the Patriots said they would trade him if that's what he wanted.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

That is all.

Not particularly. It happens in the NFL, and the Pats aren't immune from it. Sometimes players just aren't scheme fits. That is all for now.