Scenes You Can't Forget (Any Genre)

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The most riveting part of any movie I have ever seen is the scene in JFK when Costner goes to DC to meet with Sutherland. That entire narrative is not only the basis for the film but the theory of a coup. The look on Costner's face at the end of that scene sums up his fate.

paladin

Reaction score
Too many funny lines in that movie.

"I wore this frock coat in Washington, before the war. We wore them because we belonged to the five civilized tribes. We dressed ourselves up like Abraham Lincoln. We only got to see the Secretary of the Interior, and he said: "Boy! You boys sure look civilized.!" he congratulated us and gave us medals for looking so civilized. We told him about how our land had been stolen and our people were dying. When we finished he shook our hands and said, "endeavor to persevere!" They stood us in a line: John Jumper, Chili McIntosh, Buffalo Hump, Jim Buckmark, and me — I am Lone Watie. They took our pictures. And the newspapers said, "Indians vow to endeavor to persevere."

We thought about it for a long time, "Endeavor to persevere." And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union.

Not that funny, but powerful.
Am I the only one who still uses the phrase "Endeavor to persevere."?

Last edited:

paladin

Reaction score
Cant recall which character atm but one of the characters was a bad guy in Deliverance.

He plays Capt. Terrill, the head of the Redlegs.

When John Boorman interviewed him for Deliverance he told him that the role would involve him abducting and sodomizing a camper.
His response was simply
"I've done worse."

He also considered for the Drill Sergeant's role in Full Metal Jacket.
Glad that Ermey got the role, he was the only actor that Kubrick let ad-lib all his lines

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
"I wore this frock coat in Washington, before the war. We wore them because we belonged to the five civilized tribes. We dressed ourselves up like Abraham Lincoln. We only got to see the Secretary of the Interior, and he said: "Boy! You boys sure look civilized.!" he congratulated us and gave us medals for looking so civilized. We told him about how our land had been stolen and our people were dying. When we finished he shook our hands and said, "endeavor to persevere!" They stood us in a line: John Jumper, Chili McIntosh, Buffalo Hump, Jim Buckmark, and me — I am Lone Watie. They took our pictures. And the newspapers said, "Indians vow to endeavor to persevere."

We thought about it for a long time, "Endeavor to persevere." And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union.

Not that funny, but powerful.
Am I the only one who still uses the phrase "Endeavor to persevere."?

Chief Dan George! His best line in that movie, I thought, was when he sneaks up on Whales and says he's getting better at it and Whales points out that Little Moonlight was standing behind him with a gun.

"It’s not right; this damn woman doing something like this to me. I used to have power. Now old age is creeping up on me."

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
He plays Capt. Terrill, the head of the Redlegs.

When John Boorman interviewed him for Deliverance he told him that the role would involve him abducting and sodomizing a camper.
His response was simply
"I've done worse."

He also considered for the Drill Sergeant's role in Full Metal Jacket.
Glad that Ermey got the role, he was the only actor that Kubrick let ad-lib all his lines

That was it, thank you. Bill McKinney was also in Every which way but loose.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
DC Cab while they are driving on the rail road track and the guy shouts. "If I die, I'm going to kick your ***!!!!"