Scenes You Can't Forget (Any Genre)

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
But his death scene in Lonesome Dove was even better.

I looked for it on Youtube and couldn't find it.

In Colors, it was the simultaneous thoughts of hope and fear going through his head that stuck with me.

It was the idea in one moment he's thinking, "If I can just catch my breath, I'll be OK. All I've gotta do is catch my breath and I'll make it through this." and then, the next its "tell my wife" like he's afraid he won't make it. I found that dichotomy realistic and haunting at the same time.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Fakti-par-filmu-Krusttevs-3.gif

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Whew! With their fire&maneuvering ,reloading & laying down covering fire for each other ,it was realistic as hell.
First time I saw that, I wanted a rewind in the theater, that was so well staged and I think I held my breath all the way through it.

The other realistic gun battle according to historical info was the one at the OK Corral in Tombstone. Lots of rounds fired and lots of misses. Open Range did the same thing with their shootout.

If you want an interesting read, look up the making of Tombstone online and read about how it almost didn't get made and just how detailed the first director was, which got him fired and how Kurt Russell saved the entire film. It is one of my favorite western films but after reading about the making of it and re-watching it, it became one of my favorite films of any genre.

Tombstone trivia for you buffs, and you will need to look it up, which male character in Tombstone did not grow his own mustache? He had a another part and he couldn't grow his own and was left out of the competition and he was the only one.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Dang.....I can’t post anything. All my fav stuff is outlawed. Looool
First time I saw that, I wanted a rewind in the theater, that was so well staged and I think I held my breath all the way through it.

The other realistic gun battle according to historical info was the one at the OK Corral in Tombstone. Lots of rounds fired and lots of misses. Open Range did the same thing with their shootout.

If you want an interesting read, look up the making of Tombstone online and read about how it almost didn't get made and just how detailed the first director was, which got him fired and how Kurt Russell saved the entire film. It is one of my favorite western films but after reading about the making of it and re-watching it, it became one of my favorite films of any genre.

Tombstone trivia for you buffs, and you will need to look it up, which male character in Tombstone did not grow his own mustache? He had a another part and he couldn't grow his own and was left out of the competition and he was the only one.
I’ll take a stab....and say Bill Paxton. But dang that’s a hard one...

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dang.....I can’t post anything. All my fav stuff is outlawed. Looool
I’ll take a stab....and say Bill Paxton. But dang that’s a hard one...
Nope. It was Terry O'Quinn, the mayor, and he was totally bummed because the mustache contest was a big deal.

Last edited:

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
*spoilers for Passengers*

The scene in Passengers where Jennifer Lawrence learns that Chris Pratt woke her up.

kskboys

Reaction score
Lake Placid

Oliver Platt: (regarding Bridget Fonda) "We had secks you know."
Bridget: "WE DID NOT".
Platt: "Uh, I'm so bad in bed they never remember!!!"

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One of my favorite lines from a movie

Won't post due to language but the Deliverance Scene...we all know the one.

One of the Creepiest episodes ever on TV with many twisted scenes...but this one always threw me for a loop...

A few scenes from I Saw the Devil that are not ok to post here.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Mine is a little different. I was still a boy during the 72 Munich Summer Games but I remember this like it was yesterday. At the time, I never realized how prophetic it would be during my lifetime.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
One of my favorite lines from a movie

Won't post due to language but the Deliverance Scene...we all know the one.

One of the Creepiest episodes ever on TV with many twisted scenes...but this one always threw me for a loop...

A few scenes from I Saw the Devil that are not ok to post here.

That episode of X-Files was the start of my aversion to inbred movies.