Schedule Release is Wednesday

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You normally don't finish at home because Jerry requests an away game. He needs the stadium for other games.

Where did this come from, I doubt that very much. Events are planned out far in advance. So the NFL will not do that because an owner request it. Jerry is senile but not so senile he wouldn't want to finish at home. as opposed to in the NE against a division rival.

The only time they trey to or use to accommodate teams, was when NFL and MLB teams shared stadiums. and then sometimes games had to be worked around the week before the games.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Anyone have any recommendations on traveling to Dallas for a weekend and getting the best value? The travel packages offered by the Cowboys seem crazy expensive.

I've never been able to travel to Dallas for a game and I think this year may finally be my year, but definitely need tips on the best/most economical ways to do it. Would be flying in from CLT if that helps.

Don't get suckered into buying a rum and coke for 54.00 inside the stadium. When the cute gal asks if you want a double shot...tell her to stick it.:rolleyes:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m coming over from Scotland for first time in September or October . What is best way to get game day tickets ?

Stubhub or Ticketmaster or NFL Ticket Exchange. I think there may be another site but not sure of the name.
Some on here used a place that will set up the entire package for you, traveling and hotel and all of that. But not sure of the name or it.

Also I think, and you can check on the team website, as they wenrtwith a different ticket resale place as they use to be with NFL ticket exchange / Ticketmaster. not sure if it is their own or part of some other ticket sale place.

Garyjd67

Reaction score
Stubhub or Ticketmaster or NFL Ticket Exchange. I think there may be another site but not sure of the name.
Some on here used a place that will set up the entire package for you, traveling and hotel and all of that. But not sure of the name or it.

Also I think, and you can check on the team website, as they wenrtwith a different ticket resale place as they use to be with NFL ticket exchange / Ticketmaster. not sure if it is their own or part of some other ticket sale place.
Thanks Sir

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Still doesnt make it any better. The prices at jerrahs world are pathetic.

As all venues in all sports. It is not just Jerry.
Concerts and Theme and Amusement parks, same.

If one wants to spend their money on any of that, because it is something they want to do and is fun for them, then so be it.

I bet 99% of posters have something they spend their money on that another poster will critique and say it is a waste. Some guy like jerry is making money on it. Is that ok?
Like smoking and golf. :laugh:

northerncowboynation

Reaction score

northerncowboynation

Reaction score

If one wants to spend their money on any of that, because it is something they want to do and is fun for them, then so be it.

I bet 99% of posters have something they spend their money on that another poster will critique and say it is a waste. Some guy like jerry is making money on it. Is that ok?

I spend ours on John Deere green. The paint ain't cheap and some would call it a waste :)

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I spend ours on John Deere green. The paint ain't cheap and some would call it a waste :)

I had people get on me and say paying for my season tickets was a waste of money. So I told them, let's compare.
They smoked and played golf, I do not smoke and do not play golf. So I told them to be honest on how much they smoked, and ho many golf ball the really had to buy. Each of them spent way more money than I did on those 2 items, and even just one item was still close to what I spent on season tickets.

That included any food or beers at the games. Which I didn't spend much. Maybe 2 beers a game, or many times, a $6 Dr. Pepper, would last me well into the 3rd quarter. Most times I ate before I went, so no food. If I bought food, $15 at the most.
They kept quiet after that, but would still hear the ..but you are giving your money to Jerry. I told them, it is ok for you to give your money to smokes and golf, though right, and plus you are at a health risk. I am not. Then they kept quiet. :laugh:

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Bucket list for me to be honest so if I can secure tickets i’ll be there

Sadly it's a bucket list for me also. One day I will surrender the loot to jerrah like the sucker I am. Still bummed I never got to step foot into the old cowboys stadium before it was torn down.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
All of the opponents were known at the end of last season as well as home/away. The only unknown is timing.

Home: NY Giants, Philadelphia, Washington, Green Bay, Minnesota, Buffalo, Miami, LA Rams

Road: NY Giants, Philadelphia, Washington, NY Jets, New England, Chicago, Detroit, New Orleans
Sunday, Monday, or Thursday (occasionally one game on Saturday) start times between 12PM-7:30PM CST on Sunday, 7:30PM CST Monday and Thursday games each week with one week off from September to December :) Because the Cowboys are winning it will probably will be a 3PM CST start for Sunday games.

Win in your division and win at home. Press your TV Guide button on Friday. That's all you have to do. Like I said...OVERHYPED.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score

Not me, I am one cheap & saving basterd. I have no problem with what others do with their money. Just saying the prices are crazy.

With that said, as I told the other poster, I am a sucker for the cowboys and will also dish out the funds to go to a cowboys game at AT&T stadium one day if the man upstairs allows.

But I dont spend like that hardly. I dont agree with that style but I also understand you only live once so I am not fully on the fence!

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not me, I am one cheap & saving basterd. I have no problem with what others do with their money. Just saying the prices are crazy.

With that said, as I told the other poster, I am a sucker for the cowboys and will also dish out the funds to go to a cowboys game at AT&T stadium one day if the man upstairs allows.

But I dont spend like that hardly. I dont agree with that style but I also understand you only live once so I am not fully on the fence!

I sold my season tickets right before the 2016 season, and do not regret it at all.
Saves me a lot of money, though I was able to sell tickets and made my money back, but it was such a hassle. Then it took 6 to 8 months to get that money back. I retired, and did not want the expense or the hassle of selling them.

I can be cheap, and always saved my money too, but also spend it on something I want or want to do. Selective.
But I was in half with someone, and he had to back out. I had another friend that wanted in on the, but declined, and took both seats on financially. We had them for 2 years at the old stadium, and 3 years at the new one when he had to back out. Then after 4 years of that, on my own of having them, I wanted to get rid of them. I had expensive seats. As I said, I never regretted selling them.

matter of fact I often tell my friend I had them with, especially after a loss, I am so glad I dumped the tickets. :laugh:

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
I had people get on me and say paying for my season tickets was a waste of money. So I told them, let's compare.
They smoked and played golf, I do not smoke and do not play golf. So I told them to be honest on how much they smoked, and ho many golf ball the really had to buy. Each of them spent way more money than I did on those 2 items, and even just one item was still close to what I spent on season tickets.

That included any food or beers at the games. Which I didn't spend much. Maybe 2 beers a game, or many times, a $6 Dr. Pepper, would last me well into the 3rd quarter. Most times I ate before I went, so no food. If I bought food, $15 at the most.
They kept quiet after that, but would still hear the ..but you are giving your money to Jerry. I told them, it is ok for you to give your money to smokes and golf, though right, and plus you are at a health risk. I am not. Then they kept quiet. :laugh:

$6 Dr Pepper? Yikers and it isn't even John Deere Green. I would make that last for 4 quarters Jazzie.

I admit to smoking tobacco and paying through the nose for my upcoming health issues. I have longevity in the genes tho so hoping that counts for something :).