News: Schefter: Cowboys Have Placed Franchise Tag on RB Tony Pollard

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
TP is a great weapon, its not the move i would make but i dont absolutley hate it, we will have 16 mill cap hit at RB now best case scenario and that is still way to high.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Ten million a year is too much for him, but that’s the trade off for only a one year commitment.

We also have NO idea what his agent was looking for.

Rayman70

Reaction score
wait for it...Mike Fisher will do a YT vid any minute stating how we should be very happy Dallas did this ..thus covering Jerrys/Stevie's arse again..running interference as per usual.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
It’s not really a guarantee of a 2nd deal…although you guys likely will be right. It could be a 1 year deal, draft a rb and see what we got then let him go

Proof

Reaction score
its playing Russian Roulette with the team by doing this. Not very smart.
almost guaranteed a dak extension with a lower cap hit this year. will likely wind up trivial, and he’s too dynamic to let walk imo. last time we did that we wound up relying on the panty thief

Rayman70

Reaction score
TP is a great weapon, its not the move i would make but i dont absolutley hate it, we will have 16 mill cap hit at RB now best case scenario and that is still way to high.
IF FULLY HEALTHY YES but history of the rb position says this is a bad idea. Then throw in the last 2 years where he's been hurt.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Its a 10 mill gamble and I hate it. Dallas is assuming all the risk. NEVER EVER pay a RB a 2nd deal. Even if its a tag.
If they get the same production one year at 10 million isn't bad. They absolutely need to let him go next year. Draft a running back in the mid rounds this year. Pollard was a big weapon for this offense last year. One more year at 10 million is worth it.

Rayman70

Reaction score
If they get the same production one year at 10 million isn't bad. They absolutely need to let him go next year. Draft a running back in the mid rounds this year. Pollard was a big weapon for this offense last year. One more year at 10 million is worth it.
might not be ready week 1.