News: Schefter: Cowboys Have Placed Franchise Tag on RB Tony Pollard

conner01

Reaction score
I think this day became necessary when they didn’t get a RB in last years draft.

Let’s see what they do with 21. If the tag on Pollard in any way helps push him out, it becomes that much more palatable.
If you get him 4-5 targets in the passing game and 14-16 touches in run game it can work out
CMC is a guy used to his strength. They don’t pound him between the tackles 20 times a game. He avg 14 touches in run game and 6 targets in passing game. Pollard should be used the same way. I’d even use a bunch of the same routes with him

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Peeps overlooking the real problem, Davis is not leverage, we never have leverage.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I see it coming ive seen this story

Pollard will be the player the board hates this year
They shouldn't, I think TP is a great weapon but I also dont think its a good idea to have 16+Mill of cap space in the RB position. If he doesnt get hurt he will produce I'm just not sure you will see 14 mill better production at the RB position than you could get with Davis and 2 rookies and having 14 mill to strenghten our trenches..thats just my opinion on team building though.

Gaede

Reaction score
Pollard is a weapon on par with CeeDee. Its not a long term deal. Good decision.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
good

The amount of stupid people that will compare a 6/$90 million deal to a 1/$10 million deal as if they’re the same thing blows my mind.

The lesson to be learned from Zeke is to not lock up a running back to long term guaranteed money.
I see it your way also. Cowboys basically saying we will happily pay you for 1 more year before you move on. His production on the field is worth the money for 1 more year.

Big_D

Reaction score
Now hopefully they can reach a long term agreement and also draft a RB in the 2-4 range!

btcutter

Reaction score
Terrible decision. You would have thought by now this team would have learned it’s lesson on spending on running backs. I’d let him walk and take the comp pick. Malik and a draft pick can handle the load. That $10m is much better spent elsewhere
Remains to be seen. He was practically the only "explosive" player we have. Even more so than CD. How to you go into a seasaon with only CD? We already saw what happened in the playoffs when he was out.

It would be smart for both parties to compromise to a 3 yr deal worth around $25 million mostly guaranteed.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Now hopefully they can reach a long term agreement and also draft a RB in the 2-4 range!
If they do sign TP to a longer contract that might make me insane...it better be pennies on the dollar in todays NFL.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
So some of you all want to draft a 3rd round running back and hope that he replaces Pollard’s production to save cap space. :facepalm: :thumbup:

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Stop looking at position. Instead think explosive playmaker regardless of position. What is that worth to you on a team that's slow on offense?
if they use him that way maybe, but we have been here for going on 3 years..lets see if MM can make his 20 touches a game not just sweep left and right.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Depends what they pay him but I’m ok with it.

Pollard is more than just a RB and it’s high time the Cowboys expand his role in the offense.

Letting him go would be stupid but giving him anything north of 10 mill would be stupid.

They need a deal they can get out of in a couple years.

MikeT22

Reaction score
wait for it...Mike Fisher will do a YT vid any minute stating how we should be very happy Dallas did this ..thus covering Jerrys/Stevie's arse again..running interference as per usual.
Fisher is the new Spags