News: Schefter: Dak Prescott, Cowboys 'Intend to Stay Together' in 2021 Despite Injury

Bigdog

Reaction score
To compound the misery today. Watching Aaron Rodgers throw another dime is so impressive/depressing at the same time. Imagine having a QB like that in this offense.
Maybe Dak has improved on that. When Rodgers came out he was not very good during the preseason games that I saw and he improved tremendously.

ICP

Reaction score
Jerruh is gonna back up the Brinks truck for Dak. If anything the injury probably made it more likely to happen

Steve007

Reaction score
I think this is a simplistic and idiotic way to look at it.

For one, if Dallas can put together an AVERAGE defense, the Cowboys can win with Dak and the current offense.

Two, the belief that you can just build a team though free agency is a PROVEN way to fail at the NFL level many, many times over.

Three, if you don't have a QB, which Dallas would have to find if Dak is gone, and it is REALLY hard to find a QB, your chances of winning at the NFL level is slim.

So I guess exclude me from "most fans".
:thumbup:
It is simple, but some people are not smart enough to figure it out. Dak cant carry a mediocre team. Pay him too much and that is all your going to get. To keep players that are top tier cost money. They are not playing fantasy football. It's idiotic to think they can pay Dak and build a Super Bowl team.

SackMaster

Reaction score
It is simple, but some people are not smart enough to figure it out. Dak cant carry a mediocre team. Pay him too much and that is all your going to get. Free agents that are top tier cost a lot of money. To keep players that are top tier cost money. They are not playing fantasy foot ball. It's idiotic to think they can pay Dak and build a Super Bowl team in free agency.
Well I say it's idiotic to TRY and build a Super Bowl team through Free Agency. Especially when the plan includes dumping a Young Top-10 QB.

In fact, I think that is about the stupidest thing you could do in the NFL:
  1. QBs are the absolute hardest position in the NFL to find. It's not even close.
  2. "Top Tier" free agents RARELY turn out to be worth the money for their new team.

So I guess we will just have to agree to disagree and wait to see what happens. I'll root for the Cowboys either way ... will you?

cowboyec

Reaction score
they should.
sign Dak.
build around him thru the draft.
hopefully they FINALLY address that "poor ol' safety position that keeps getting slighted".

tico

Reaction score
How do you build a franchise when ONE player eats up 25% of the cap ???
Just one player?
Zeke, DLaw, Crawford, Jaylon and Amari ..So out of all I would pay Dak, none of these fools have lived up to their contracts. Every team goes through this or will and manage im sure well pull through

keysersoze

Reaction score
Ummm ... how many drafts have we gone through? How'd that work out????

25 years of drafts have netted us .... NOTHING ????
We’ve had some hood drafts. 2016 and 2020 are some good recent ones. Problem is that we are Division champs one year. And 3rd or last the next. We never get two good drafts consecutively because of that. We pick top 10 one year. 23-28 the next.

Steve007

Reaction score
It is simple, but some people are not smart enough to figure it out. Dak cant carry
Well I say it's idiotic to TRY and build a Super Bowl team through Free Agency. Especially when the plan includes dumping a Young Top-10 QB.

In fact, I think that is about the stupidest thing you could do in the NFL:
  1. QBs are the absolute hardest position in the NFL to find. It's not even close.
  2. "Top Tier" free agents RARELY turn out to be worth the money for their new team.

So I guess we will just have to agree to disagree and wait to see what happens. I'll root for the Cowboys either way ... will you?
The Cowboys have been trying to build through the draft for the last several years and so far they have failed.

Steve007

Reaction score
The Cowboys have been trying to build through the draft for the last several years and so far they have failed.
Dak is a good quarter back he is not a great one. He can be replaced. Not too long ago everyone said that Tony Romo couldn't be replaced. Dak is no Roger Staubach so the Cowboys should do their best to find a great quarterback.

Steve007

Reaction score
This. Nothing matters with the QB until they fix the owner who will fix the GM who will fix the coaching staff who will fix the defense who will fix the QB.
Unfortunately your absolutely right. We can talk all we want about the players, but Jerry and his son is the problem.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Schefter: Dak Prescott, Cowboys 'Intend to Stay Together' in 2021 Despite Injury

TYLER CONWAYJANUARY 3, 2021

The Dallas Cowboys and Dak Prescott are headed into another offseason of uncertainty about their future together, with the water muddied even more by the quarterback's catastrophic leg injury.

However, it appears both sides remain strident in staying together long term.

"He wants to stay in Dallas and the Cowboys want him back, so you figure they would be able to work out a long-term deal, but they've struggled to do that for two years and that's where the uncertainty comes in at some point this offseason. But the fact of the matter is both sides want to stay together, and both sides intend to stay together," ESPN's Adam Schefter said on Sunday NFL Countdown.

(Continued): https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ntend-to-stay-together-in-2021-despite-injury

:thumbup::flagwave::popcorn:

Jerry spent years and millions of dollars to keep the Romo/Witten et al band together, and won nothing of consequence. Of course he's going to do it again.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Jerry spent years and millions of dollars to keep the Romo/Witten et al band together, and won nothing of consequence. Of course he's going to do it again.
Jerry would be correct to keep his stud players.

What do you propose?

Gaede

Reaction score
So do I have this right. People who do not want Dak resigned would inevitably oppose a long term contract with any franchise QB? How do you intend to win in the NFL?