News: Schefter: Dak Prescott, Cowboys 'Intend to Stay Together' in 2021 Despite Injury

Diehardblues

Reaction score
why must you say Haters? NOBODY is a flat out hater, they just have different opinions. That being said, Dak convinced me this year he is clearly the guy for us moving forward. That being said, we cant just sign him to Patrick Mahomes type money. So now its up to the front office and Dak to both be reasonable and come to a deal that works for both sides.
They say “ haters” in an attempt to discredit the messenger cause they don’t like the message.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I hope Dak holds us up for 40 million +. He deserves it.

Jethro’s got nothing to sell without him. Dak makes this a relevant 8-10 win team which the Jone$ can sell the hell out of.

Plus Daks a very marketable guy. #1 selling jersey.

Last edited:

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
To be expected. I fully expect Jerry to announce a new contract for Dak on Super Bowl week. It will likely be a record setting contract.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I have a feeling the Cowboys have the leverage and are showing good faith in wanting to sign him. Dak needs to get real and settle for the offer.
Why? All of the talent is locked up in offense . Pay the man Watson type money.

Jethro needs to get real . What the hell do we have without Dak? Jethro can’t sell hope next year for this franchise without Dak.

Good faith in professional sports is a pipe dream. This is a business. Get all you can get. The next play could be your last.

pansophy

Reaction score
Its haters on this site. For sure. Hell some have even admitted they just don't like the guy....no one suggested signing him to Pat Mahomes money. What got the deal held up was the years last time. At least that's what was reported.
Not to start a brush fire here, but Dak turned down $35M for 5 years. He wanted 4 years, which means 35M for 4 years won’t cut it this year else Dak should have just signed last year.

All things being equal I like Dak and believe we can win with him. But unless Dak has had a change of heart it’s going to be a BIG contract to keep him for longer than 3 years.

What do people who are adamant we have to sign him think he will actually sign for?

SackMaster

Reaction score
Look at the last 25 years. Jerry failed.
I feel sorry for you, I really do.

The reason I do is that I suspect that if the Cowboys won 4 out of the next 5 Super Bowls, you would not celebrate the 4 wins (especially if the QB for those teams were Dak), you would complain about the one "failure" of a season when we didn't win a Super Bowl.

Hopefully one day you will find something in your life that can really enjoy and you actually have control over. Otherwise I'm afraid you will just be a miserable little man-child for the rest of your life.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Not to start a brush fire here, but Dak turned down $35M for 5 years. He wanted 4 years, which means 35M for 4 years won’t cut it this year else Dak should have just signed last year.

All things being equal I like Dak and believe we can win with him. But unless Dak has had a change of heart it’s going to be a BIG contract to keep him for longer than 3 years.

What do people who are adamant we have to sign him think he will actually sign for?
I assumed somewhere between 37 and 40 million per year.....

Them

Reaction score
...Jerry could of had Dak for the $35Mil a few years ago...Now he will have to pay so much more...it's not Dak's fault, it's Jerrys...he can be such an idot!...smh!:thumbdown:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I agree that is the most likely scenario, but I also thought the most likely scenario last season was a long term extension. Until we see some signed paperwork it’s hard to believe anything

I don't think there was great motivation on Dallas' part to get a deal done last offseason. The Cowboys had the money to tag him and really didn't need it to make other moves. So they could take a stand against what Dak and his agents wanted in hopes that maybe that would loosen their demands during this year's negotiation.

I honestly don't think the Joneses are worried about the amount going up. I think it is all about the length.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I remain not convinced that outsiders, seeing themselves as general manager, are on the same page as the actual general manager in this particular case. In my opinion, Jerry Jones is 100% behind Dak Prescott as his franchise quarterback. If true, it would make draft need for quarterback a low priority. Why would a general manager (in this case Jerry Jones) invest a high round draft choice at the position if he does not see a huge need?

The only way I would have done it is if I was drafting No. 1 and couldn't get anyone to agree to an outlandish trade for the pick. Having the best QB in the draft is a commodity.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
It’s going to be a blockbuster. At least 40 million a year.

At least 40 million. Should pretty much sink any ideas about improving the defense. But hey, maybe the NFL will give us a few extra wins if we tell them that Dak Prescott threw the ball 80 times.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
At least 40 million. Should pretty much sink any ideas about improving the defense. But hey, maybe the NFL will give us a few extra wins if we tell them that Dak Prescott threw the ball 80 times.
We’ll just have to improve defense thru the draft on Rookie contracts . And Dak and this top offense will have to be enough to carry us.

Steve007

Reaction score
I feel sorry for you, I really do.

The reason I do is that I suspect that if the Cowboys won 4 out of the next 5 Super Bowls, you would not celebrate the 4 wins (especially if the QB for those teams were Dak), you would complain about the one "failure" of a season when we didn't win a Super Bowl.

Hopefully one day you will find something in your life that can really enjoy and you actually have control over. Otherwise I'm afraid you will just be a miserable little man-child for the rest of your life.
LOL What are you talking about? Your delusional