Twitter: Schefter: Dak Prescott now out of surgery that went "very well"

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doesn't seem like an Alex Smith situation, so that's a good thing (unless you're one of a few of our DDS sufferers).
Alex Smith's situation developed after his initial repair and the post op created more problems for him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
is this injury like Alex smiths ie career threatening or something different? curious as the similarities to others who have had the injury and have come back..Dudes supposed to be mobile , you take that away and hes not the same player..

Dak is not Lamar Jackson though. The mobility he has should be retained somewhat.

Darkhound

Reaction score
He may not be. But it won't be because of the injury he suffered.
you think all the mental issues + this will be it?

I mean... the passing of his brother was something horrible. I dont think I would ever recover from something liek that.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
you think all the mental issues + this will be it?

I mean... the passing of his brother was something horrible. I dont think I would ever recover from something liek that.
You just never know what time off does. But I see no reason why he can't get back to form. Its going to be tough no doubt but since he was less reliant on his legs......I'm not as concerned. If it was a upper body injury I would be.

Darkhound

Reaction score
You just never know what time off does. But I see no reason why he can't get back to form. Its going to be tough no doubt but since he was less reliant on his legs......I'm not as concerned. If it was a upper body injury I would be.
I dont know.. but I still think he is not the QB we need.. Hope he gets well and wish him he best.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I dont know.. but I still think he is not the QB we need.. Hope he gets well and wish him he best.
I mean I don't know what to say in regards to the QB we need. He may not be. I don't know who is if he isn't though. Maybe Russell Wilson?

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Is there any doubt he will come back strong with his work ethic and high character?

Darkhound

Reaction score
I mean I don't know what to say in regards to the QB we need. He may not be. I don't know who is if he isn't though. Maybe Russell Wilson?

I had a so so opinion on Wilson.. but after last night wow..
I think Seattle (in this day and age) has the right formula for success

Good Coach
Good players
A solid QB
Good ownership.

My thing with DAK, is... I think we (fans) desperately want to win. We havent gotten used to being looers. But guess what? We are. And we want to see gold everywhere. DAK is, in my opinion like some of this QBs

1. Jeff Hostetler
2. Bernie Kosar
3. Jim Everrett
4. Rodney Pete

Those were good "average" QBs.
The way this franchise is managed, we need more than average to win.
I honestly dont think we will ever TRULY be great again under the Jones family.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I had a so so opinion on Wilson.. but after last night wow..
I think Seattle (in this day and age) has the right formula for success

Good Coach
Good players
A solid QB
Good ownership.

My thing with DAK, is... I think we (fans) desperately want to win. We havent gotten used to being looers. But guess what? We are. And we want to see gold everywhere. DAK is, in my opinion like some of this QBs

1. Jeff Hostetler
2. Bernie Kosar
3. Jim Everrett
4. Rodney Pete

Those were good "average" QBs.
The way this franchise is managed, we need more than average to win.
I honestly dont think we will ever TRULY be great again under the Jones family.
Yeah I didn't get to see many of those guys play but I definitely saw Rodney Peete play and there is no way in hell you can say that Dak and Rodney Peete are of the same caliber lol.

Darkhound

Reaction score
Yeah I didn't get to see many of those guys play but I definitely saw Rodney Peete play and there is no way in hell you can say that Dak and Rodney Peete are of the same caliber lol.

I am not comparing them toe to toe.. i am just naming AVERAGE QBs

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I am not comparing them toe to toe.. i am just naming AVERAGE QBs
That's what I'm saying though. If Rodney Peete is average than whatever is higher than that is Dak. Rodney Peete was a solid backup with a ceiling of a backup quarterback.

Kaiser

Reaction score
The well wishes from just about every high profile player last night shows the amount of respect people have for Dak.
Remember Bayless said coming out about mental health would hurt him..... seems like the opposite. These guys are human and they all seem to respect a guy who carries himself the way Dak does.
Watching him crying while being carted off the field was tough.

His tears were touching to me, it showed how much he loves his teammates and hates leaving the field. I didn't see it from my TV feed but apparently the first thing he did was try to pop it back in place. Then when he couldn't he motioned for the sideline. He definitely wasn't crying from the physical pain.

Darkhound

Reaction score
That's what I'm saying though. If Rodney Peete is average than whatever is higher than that is Dak. Rodney Peete was a solid backup with a ceiling of a backup quarterback.
He lead the lions to a NFC championshp.. and on 1991 he crushed us, alongside barry sanders...

JBond

Reaction score
It wouldn't actually be a problem you got it, and yes Dak and Wentz are different human beings, same for Dalton and Foles. Question is - could Dalton actually do what Foles did? That was my premise.
I hope so. Sometimes teams rally around adversity.