Schefter: Eagles agree to terms with Nnamdi **merged**

rkell87

Reaction score
so i had to go be social right after nnamdi signing, please tell me that the people screaming he was getting 15-20 million a year have been called out and made to eat crow, i scanned for an ITYS thread and didnt see one lol:D

dillinger319

Striped Leopard
Reaction score
I cant believe all the grief over us not signing an almost over the hill CB to major bucks. I believe we could pick up someone else and be just as good. He only played one side of the field, he wouldnt have solved our problems and would cost more than our QB. Its a very good non sign.

Air Force One

Reaction score
Hostile;4019378 said:
Nnamdi basically stabbed Rob Ryan in the back folks.
Man this just sucks. Thanks for the info...

Any idea of back story on why Nnamdi would do this to Ryan(besides money of course)?

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Air Force One;4019858 said:
Man this just sucks. Thanks for the info...

Any idea of back story on why Nnamdi would do this to Ryan?

No idea.....all I know is that the Iggles must be the best salary cap managed team in the business......because every single year they seem to be able to sign a big name FA or two.....now I know they haven't won anything but they are competitive year in and year out as a result.

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
TheRedzoneorg The Redzone
by caplannfl
Jets didn't know Eagles were in hunt for Asomugha tinyurl.com/3s5nld8 #NFL #Jets
1 hour ago

Texan_Eph89

Reaction score
I don't mind that we didn't sign him, I'm just pissed that we have to face the eagles secondary 2x a year. Other than the SS, their secondary is loaded.

__________Allen____________________________?

Asomugha______Rogers-Cromartie_____________________Samuel

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
stasheroo;4019638 said:
Yeah but that's sure not the impression he gave in that radio interview.

It sounds to me like they never had the chance to consider it.

One theory I have is this:

The market on Asomugha was so much lower than the Cowboys expected ($10 million a year) that they realized that they could jump in.

Asomugha and his agent were left scrambling in a market much weaker than they thought.

And the Eagles swooped in with an offer larger in money and longer in years and Asomugha and his agent jumped on it immediately.

For whatever reason, it seemed like the Eagles wanted to 'charge out of the gates' on Friday at 6 PM and 'shock the rest of the league'.

Stephen Jones in the opening press conference talked about how you dealt with first options, uncertainty and moving on to second options. He basically said that at a certain point you have to make your best offer and give a dealine.

Very well could be what happened. We gave our best offer someone else trumped it. Now we can move on before its too late.

jbsg02

Reaction score
Didn't they just give asante samuel a huge deal a couple years ago? anyways, have fun covering miles and dez

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Texan_Eph89;4020165 said:
I don't mind that we didn't sign him, I'm just pissed that we have to face the eagles secondary 2x a year. Other than the SS, their secondary is loaded.

Who's going to willingly be the third corner? Could have some dissension on their hands unless Samuel accepts that role. ... But really, why should he when he's a Pro Bowl performer as a starter?

Hoofbite

Reaction score
gimmesix;4020205 said:
Who's going to willingly be the third corner? Could have some dissension on their hands unless Samuel accepts that role. ... But really, why should he when he's a Pro Bowl performer as a starter?

Eagles will probably fleece a team for Samuel.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Hoofbite;4020206 said:
Eagles will probably fleece a team for Samuel.

Their GM said they plan to keep all three, but that could be just to drive up the price on Samuel.

I can't see them keeping all three without someone moving to safety, which I don't see happening. There's just too much pride at stake for one of them to accept a lesser role. If that's not the case, I will really be surprised.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
Who's makes up the Eagles OL, DL, and Linebackers?

How good are those positions?

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
Texan_Eph89;4020165 said:

I'll take Dez against an aging CB.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
theogt;4019618 said:
Your assumption here is that we couldn't fit him under the cap. All indications are that we could have. The problem seems more likely that we didn't think he was worth that kind of money. And to be honest, he isn't. He's not the best corner in the NFL. And won't be over the next 5 years.

You do not pay age in the NFL. You do not win that way.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Dez.88;4020224 said:
Who's makes up the Eagles OL, DL, and Linebackers?

How good are those positions?

They have two Pro Bowl DE's but the rest of their front 7 is pretty mediocre. A power running game/effective screens are the way to beat the Iggles this season. I'd have Free or Tyron pulling every down for the first few series just looking for a Pro Bowl CB to lay out.

They still don't have the personnel to stop the 22 package so I'm not too worried about them. I'm more worried about the fact that OTHER teams can't play them like we will, allowing them to accrue more wins.

Nirvana

Reaction score
After listening to the Eagles GM I get the idea Nnamdi really wanted to play for the Eagles, and this is why we were left at the altar with no warning.

Agent and Eagles probably had an agreement to touch base when the dust had settled on all other offers, then they topped it or possibly simply matched it.

I hate the Eagles even more now. I have gone from being on the verge of getting a Nnamdi jersey to hoping he gets burned like Jaques Reeves.

[youtube]Fe7yOccqdxI[/youtube]

rkstevens

Reaction score
realtick;4019267 said:
I love this fuzzy logic and rationalization game going on. You're so worried about "1/12" the salary cap and "at what costs?"

Guess what.

There are plenty of players in the league making way more than $12 million a year and making it work. It happens every single year.

Do you think the Eagles front office are going to look at themselves Week 1 and say "OMG, what did we just do! We spent too much money!"

Look, if you don't like or didn't want Asomugha, Bowens, or whomever, that's fine. But don't try to pass off this lame rationalization game as if it reasonable.

And I love your lack of reading comprehension. I know that there are plenty of players making more than $12 million per season. And most of them are at the positions I mentioned in my post that I would be okay with a team paying top money for -- quarterback, defensive line and offensive line. Like I said before, I would never want my team to pay that kind of money for a cornerback, safety, wide receiver, running back or linebacker in a 4-3 system. Those positions can be schemed out by a good gameplan or in the case of running back be replaced by a player giving you similar performance at a fraction of the cost.

Yes, paying players $12 million a season can be done and can fit within a team's salary cap, but you're fooling yourself if you don't think that paying a player that much money doesn't mean that a team won't have to cut back at other positions. If they're able to hit in the draft and fill those positions with cheap, quality players, then it'll work out for them. Go ahead and sniff the Eagle's jock all you want. For all their smart front office moves, they don't have a single Super Bowl trophy to show for it. Regular season success and playoff disappointments are hardly what I want as a fan. The Giants are the class of the NFC East, having gone to two Super Bowls in the past decade and winning one. I'd much rather have my team emulate them than the Eagles.