News: Schefter on Dez

haleyrules

Reaction score
The media love little controversies...it sells. All networks do...but the sports industry absolutely thrives on it.

John813

Reaction score
I don't get the dislike for Dez. Been this way since 2010.
I'm not a Dez apologist, but at the same time I don't see major issues for so many to be upset at him.

Sure, he's been immature at times, like last week missing the first 2-3 days of the week. But it's not like he's getting DUI's, busted for pot, suspended, etc.

Sure his upbringing has something to do with it/may not be the brightest guy out there. However, IMO he loves the Cowboys and he is passionate. We could have it much worse.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
url
Practice.jpg

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't get the dislike for Dez. Been this way since 2010.
I'm not a Dez apologist, but at the same time I don't see major issues for so many to be upset at him.

Sure, he's been immature at times, like last week missing the first 2-3 days of the week. But it's not like he's getting DUI's, busted for pot, suspended, etc.

Sure his upbringing has something to do with it/may not be the brightest guy out there. However, IMO he loves the Cowboys and he is passionate. We could have it much worse.

32 teams in the league would be ecstatic to have Dez Bryant on their roster. I get concern about his injuries v. his style of play v. his contract. The rest of the criticism is sheer collective idiocy as near as I can tell. I *think* fans are so excited about Dak and Zeke that they emotionally want to flush all prior offensive playmakers from the roster. But that's a perspective that defies both logic and the principles of the salary cap and ignores what the overwhelming issues have been in Dallas in recent years.

Somehow, though, Jason Witten is immune from the urge to purge. At least for the time being. Swaim-mania hasn't quite swept him up in it's current yet somehow.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
We talkin about practice man!!!!. .. . . Not a game.. Not a game... What are we talking about?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
32 teams in the league would be ecstatic to have Dez Bryant on their roster. I get concern about his injuries v. his style of play v. his contract. The rest of the criticism is sheer collective idiocy as near as I can tell. I *think* fans are so excited about Dak and Zeke that they emotionally want to flush all prior offensive playmakers from the roster. But that's a perspective that defies both logic and the principles of the salary cap and ignores what the overwhelming issues have been in Dallas in recent years.

And yet there you criticizing Dez after Week 1, but I get, you're trying to distance yourself from the fray.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And yet there you criticizing Dez after Week 1, but I get, you're trying to distance yourself from the fray.

There's a big difference between criticizing him for a drop on a specific play and criticizing his presence on the roster.