News: Schefter on Dez

T-RO

Reaction score
So Dez is why we are not winning Super Bowls lol......

You didn't track.

Some guy above said he didn't care if Dez missed his meetings as long as he produced on the field. As if there is no connection.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Actually, yes, it is how it works. I don't care about if they have a source, I want a name and somewhere they can point me to. "Sources" is not credible, same as it wasn't credible during the tape fiasco.

Lol, smh.

If you're a reporter, you do care about protecting your sources. If you don't, you won't have any sources in the future.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Dez... Ugh.
He's another TO.

But he's our TO.

Now..

I say sign Josh Gordon.

Who cares about a possible suspension..

Who cares about possible bad pub.

If we can get anything out of him..

it would be a great pickup.

Hey..

Re-sign Hardy for the rest of the season.

Again..who cares if he gets suspended at some point..use him.

Maybe he has figured it out now.

Last edited:

gmoney112

Reaction score
This is what I hate about the new age media, with Twatter and Faceagram and Snapbooks, everyone foregoes actual, you know, evidence, in order to 'break' a story first. I'm developing a site and i can tell you firsthand, making money and building a reputation online has come down to getting views and clicks, plain and simple.

With our fanbase, and the fact that our rivals are huge markets, mentioning Dallas is sure to get attention whether you love us, hate us, or just find the Jerry saga amusing. That basically includes every NFL fan.

And now you can literally say anything you want as long as you preface it with 'sources'. I'm pretty sure Adam came out and said the Dez Bryant video was worse than the Ray Rice video, which was straight up libel, but he prefaced it with 'sources' so it was just a-okay.

Absolutely ridiculous.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Time to find a stud in the draft.. you can find steals at wr top of the 1st or 2nd.

Please let's make speed/route running a priority.
Yes, I would put WR at the very top of the list, even over a DE. I wouldn't force the pick based on position, but would strongly lean towards WR in the 1st round if there was talent that justified the pick.
Sigh. No he didn't believe there was a video. He said he didn't believe the report but because the story finally was published ESPN likely asked him to address the issue. He did, but said he had been looking for a video but could never find one, which is why he didn't report it when he first heard about it.
No, that's not how it happened. He initially said there was a video. When he couldn't find one, he said what you posted.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
This is what I hate about the new age media, with Twatter and Faceagram and Snapbooks, everyone foregoes actual, you know, evidence, in order to 'break' a story first. I'm developing a site and i can tell you firsthand, making money and building a reputation online has come down to getting views and clicks, plain and simple.

With our fanbase, and the fact that our rivals are huge markets, mentioning Dallas is sure to get attention whether you love us, hate us, or just find the Jerry saga amusing. That basically includes every NFL fan.

And now you can literally say anything you want as long as you preface it with 'sources'. I'm pretty sure Adam came out and said the Dez Bryant video was worse than the Ray Rice video, which was straight up libel, but he prefaced it with 'sources' so it was just a-okay.

Absolutely ridiculous.
I think Florio said worse than Ray Rice. Schefter said he knew of it and knew people had seen it, granting the story legitimacy. Still waiting on those corrections.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can't say for sure. But do I believe a reporter will report something negative about Dez without making sure it's accurate faster than they would about Romo or Witten? Absolutely. Dez doesn't get the benefit of the doubt like certain other players that happen to not be black.

We all get it. Not feeling like having a race argument today but there could be something to it. I want to hope not.

I don't begrudge you for feeling that way, it just seems highly unlikely. He covers the NFL which is likely more than 50% black players.

Some people are so influenced by their surroundings that they believed OJ was innocent.

Kap and many other people that think with emotion over reason believe that law enforcement as a group are intentionally killing people because of race. People will believe anything if society brainwashes them enough.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's not good. Breaking ranks on a football team is never good.
Irvin gave Jimmy a list of loser types when Jimmy arrived. That worked out OK .

I agree that there should be some amount of trust in the locker room, but if a player is an extreme problem child, then they deserve for somebody to spill the beans on their nonsense.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Yes, I would put WR at the very top of the list, even over a DE. I wouldn't force the pick based on position, but would strongly lean towards WR in the 1st round if there was talent that justified the pick.

No, that's not how it happened. He initially said there was a video. When he couldn't find one, he said what you posted.
There is no way i'm spending good money or draft capital on a WR when you have a stud who will have 3 years left on a big deal and who will be in his prime the entirety of said contract.

Fact of the matter is...is that this stuff (the immaturity) is rampant across the league. And different players have different rules. Life is about talent. Those who have it unfortunately get special rules.

All that aside....the way this league is tilted towards offense...you don't necessarily need a stud as much as you did in the past. If we went RB then WR in the 1st in back to back years i'll be apoplectic.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Irvin gave Jimmy a list of loser types when Jimmy arrived. That worked out OK .

I agree that there should be some amount of trust in the locker room, but if a player is an extreme problem child, then they deserve for somebody to spill the beans on their nonsense.

Player going to the coach isn't a problem in my eyes. That communication is key. Going to outsiders is the issue.

superonyx

Reaction score
I don't begrudge you for feeling that way, it just seems highly unlikely. He covers the NFL which is likely more than 50% black players.

Some people are so influenced by their surroundings that they believed OJ was innocent.

Kap and many other people that think with emotion over reason believe that law enforcement as a group are intentionally killing people because of race. People will believe anything if society brainwashes them enough.
Concerning police and race...it's not exactly the right topic for a Cowboys board. I will say that each of us have different realities and different experiences that shape how we see the world. It wouldn't be right for me to tell someone else that their experiences are wrong or just an over emotional reaction. Everything is gray these days.

I will say that I would like if some players took a knee in protest for the 30,000 people that die unnecessarily each year in America due to not having health insurance, or the 25,000 who are shot to death each year regardless or race. Or the fact that 50% of the people in America live in poverty. Or the fact that 50% of working people make less than $30k each year. Or the fact that half of the welfare recipients work full time jobs and make so little they still need welfare to survive.

We all have a different realities and we need to understand that even if we don't agree with someone else's position we are all a community and when one person hurts we should all hurt.

Cmac

Reaction score
Adam Scheffter...really. This is a National Enquirer story. Boys' should close rank on this kind of mess.

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
I can't believe any of this is true (heavy sarcasm), because I've had many superfans, here, tell me that Dez is not a distraction, petulant, or entitled.

He's an amazing teammate and is never a distraction.

You'll recognize the fans I speak of as soon as they berate this post in their never-ending defense of Dez.

tyke1doe

Reaction score

Don't think that's correct.

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2015/02/dez_bryant_video_exists_according_to_adam_schefter.html said:
In an article dated February 25, 2015

"I've been working on this since September," Schefter said. "It's taken up a lot of my time this season, I'll say that.

"Well, listen, whatever we've been working on is not ready and maybe it never will be. Who knows? You've got to be very careful on these things. People can talk about videos, they can talk about this, they can talk about that. The fact of the matter is, it doesn't mean anything and it's really not fair to him right now until you have all your facts in line. Which we spent a long time trying to do."

The video was first mentioned by the sports gossip site Terez Owens, which reported Tuesday that the video's release was imminent and that the Cowboys had been made aware.

Was there an earlier article where Schefter said a video existed because this site is saying that Terez Owens first reported it.

Drawing from my own experience, I think Schefter was forced to address it publically because Owens had put it out there. I think he did so reluctantly as a face-saving concession for ESPN.

CWR

Reaction score
Love Dez and parting ways would be tough...but if you could trade him for a player of real value youd have to consider it. Behavior like that is a liability. Problem is there are only a dozen or so guys in the world that compare with him.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
they are not trading dez they are winning and personally I could care less lets go cowboys somebody is doing something right on this team and when tony comes back he will play if not it will be dak I support the dallas cowboys one and all