Schefter: Packers releasing Jordy

Rayman70

Reaction score
Jordy anywhere near his prime, or even Jordy from a couple of years ago, would be an incredible add to the Cowboys. Saw a couple of interesting facts about Nelson:
  • He is ranked #1 in NFL history for long (40 yard+) TD receptions. He passed Jerry Rice back in 2014 in that category with 7.
  • Nelson posted 1,250-plus receiving yards and 13-plus TD catches in the same season 3 times in his career (2011, 2014, 2016), the 4th most in NFL history behind Hall of Famers Jerry Rice, Randy Moss and Terrell Owens
Having said all that, I watched a bunch of Packers games last year and he looked done. I don't think a change of scenery is going to change that.
maybe in a short spurt.

perrykemp

Reaction score
Nelson had a three year stretch that compares to any WR that has ever played, yet had a bad year statistically because of an injury to
his QB and now he's "old and slow"... smh

2013 GB 16 16 85 1,314 15.5 76 8 0 0
2014 GB 16 16 98 1,519 15.5 80 13 0 0
2016 GB 16 16 97 1,257 13.0 60 14 1 1

Some parallels to Dez's drop off in performance there.

Anybody remember when Jordy and Dez where tearing up the Big 12 a couple of years apart?

Good times.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
YOUR KIDDING. What good is speed if you cant get open and run good routes? ,...see DEZ...and twill.

Dez was never a speedster and Twill doesn’t appear to be that fast either. He certainly doesn’t play as fast as the 4.46 40 time he had coming out of college. A receiver has to have a good combination of speed and route running. Even speed won’t get you very far if you’re not a good route runner. Alexander Wright was a prime example of that.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Some parallels to Dez's drop off in performance there.

Anybody remember when Jordy and Dez where tearing up the Big 12 a couple of years apart?

Good times.

Right. Dez's production dropped off from injuries and losing his QB too. Parallels.

funkytown

Reaction score
I'd take Jordy on a short incentive based deal. I bet he gets paid more than we can offer though. This has New England written all over it. Or maybe the Rams.

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
When has GB ever had “bad” receivers. Think about it: every WR has produced no matter who was plugged in and weren’t considered a household name at the time they landed in GB

Donald Driver
Greg Jennings
Jordy Nelson
Randall Cobb
Davonte Adams

I doubt Jordy would put up the numbers in GB anywhere else. Guarantee you start hearing about Geronimo Allison and Jamaal Williams soon enough. That’s just GB. They always have WR that flourish in that system.

In order to flourish in Garrett’s trash *** offense you need to be all pro talent

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I'll pass. The Cowboys need a speed guy. I don't know how much of that Nelson has left.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
People pining over Mummy-Breath Nelson need to take a step back and get a grip.
Good Lawd people!